What's new

Matchup tech/ specific strategy thread

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Right lads
As the title says this isnt about numbers or optimal matchups. Just specific tech or movement etc which you use to win vs certain character kombos
Ill add to this as we go but for now ill post one ive been struggling with

Mileena /khameleon , her walk back low sai wait for me to advance then ball roll kameo overhead , the only thing ive been trying vs this is to micro duck her high string and punish but i get blown up for it 80 % of the attempts , her long range d1 causes a lot of problems for me as well because you cannot backdash out of range on plus strings such as 21 on block.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
I agree mileena is tough and she can also blow up our armor with that 12 string into ball roll. Be smart about using armor here. She can play lame I feel like subzero kameo might be a good choice against her, her low option from midscreen is now gone. Just try and bait ball roll and jumps.

Throw full screen ex neoplasm and watch her reaction, force her to either come to us and get d4’d or ball roll/armor which we punish all day.

Mileenas love to stagger her stand 1, try and take advantage of this. Her 12 string can be flawless block punished although it’s easier said than done. Mileenas d1 is dead punishable up close no? Am I wrong here? At the very least she gives up her turn so bait her d1 instead of trying to backdash her.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
I feel like sub kameo is so valuable for a LOT of matchups. People love to play lame against havik and backdash him all day but sub kameo brings them in I’ve been sleeping on this team.

It lets us get in without risk a lot of the time too with ex neoplasm and bf3 giving us so much advantage. Abuse these from afar with sub kameo and watch how your opponent reacts.

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
For me it’s Tanya.

Her mid string and lows blow up our armor. She outranges us in every way even d4 is hard to connect. Her fireball outclasses ours. Her sweep. Her air presence and air fb aa bait. She can armor everything we do once we get close enough esp with goro. On our wakeup she’s a menace.

fr stack

I agree mileena is tough and she can also blow up our armor with that 12 string into ball roll. Be smart about using armor here. She can play lame I feel like subzero kameo might be a good choice against her, her low option from midscreen is now gone. Just try and bait ball roll and jumps.

Throw full screen ex neoplasm and watch her reaction, force her to either come to us and get d4’d or ball roll/armor which we punish all day.

Mileenas love to stagger her stand 1, try and take advantage of this. Her 12 string can be flawless block punished although it’s easier said than done. Mileenas d1 is dead punishable up close no? Am I wrong here? At the very least she gives up her turn so bait her d1 instead of trying to backdash her.
I still have a lot of mkx reactions so i think i give her way too much respect , i never zone her because of teleport but its very punishable and reactable (mostly) ..
The armour never really works for me unless ive set up ex bf1 as well , everyone knows they have 3 hours to react to it

fr stack

Also i have the exact mentality vs tanya lol just hopeless for us unless we make all of the right reads , ive had the most success with stryker vs her and just using the grenades everytime there is a stagger then block punish , i am very bad in this matchup and kinda just check out mentally (really bad habit i need to break)

Sub needs no explanation really , hes a kounter to zoners and certain playstyles , liu , ashrah , peacemaker etc
Also if i see lao kameo im going sub because i cannot block in this game :DOGE