What's new

Tech - Kobu Jutsu Making rekkas more safe

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I believe if you stagger any point of that string it makes the last hit +2. The downside is you have to leave a gap there for your opponent to armour

BigFool

Noob
Isn't it like -2 on block if you max stagger the last hit meterless? Not too sure about frames for the MB version

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Lol people dont even realize that if you delay the rekkas properly, the last one will be plus frames. And no you dont need to mb..

haketh

Noob
I really don't understand how Tanya's rekka blockstrings become more plus or negative depending on delay, is it just a property of the move or something else?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
No but this is Tanya and TYM.

Now a bunch of really shitty players will come in and cry and want yet more nerfs.
Well I don't think she needs nerfs

However it's not like shes even top 5 public enemy on here

Also there's always a bunch of shitty players saying she doesn't need nerfs as well

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Well I don't think she needs nerfs

However it's not like shes even top 5 public enemy on here

Also there's always a bunch of shitty players saying she doesn't need nerfs as well
No, I know, it's just every little positive attribute to her tools these plebs want taken away or nerfed.

First it was her air game/teleport. Okay nerfed. Happy now?

No. Now her ground game in Kobu is too much. (Although, as M2Dave would call them, low to mid level players, refuse to punish her gaps and negative rekkas).

What's next? Should B1 be a mid/mid? Should we nerf MORE of her tools? No one uses Pyro or DN anymore so we might as well nerf Kobu's pressure. I bet the Quan mains would love that.

Like...I dont mean to be snarky but as many Tanya mains have already stated, this tech is as old as Moses. No need for a thread on this and no more nerfs, plebs!

"Do not touch me again!"

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
No, I know, it's just every little positive attribute to her tools these plebs want taken away or nerfed.

First it was her air game/teleport. Okay nerfed. Happy now?

No. Now her ground game in Kobu is too much. (Although, as M2Dave would call them, low to mid level players, refuse to punish her gaps and negative rekkas).

What's next? Should B1 be a mid/mid? Should we nerf MORE of her tools? No one uses Pyro or DN anymore so we might as well nerf Kobu's pressure. I bet the Quan mains would love that.

Like...I dont mean to be snarky but as many Tanya mains have already stated, this tech is as old as Moses. No need for a thread on this and no more nerfs, plebs!

"Do not touch me again!"
yO I'm riding with you and was about to say I fully agree with everything you said, but when you quote M2Dave that does more harm to your point of view than support it

He is wrong so much that I'm now wondering if there is some way to make her rekka unpunishable or something if that's what he said :DOGE

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
yO I'm riding with you and was about to say I fully agree with everything you said, but when you quote M2Dave that does more harm to your point of view than support it

He is wrong so much that I'm now wondering if there is some way to make her rekka unpunishable or something if that's what he said
Regardless of your personal opinion of Dave, he is in fact correct about low to mid level players.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I really don't understand how Tanya's rekka blockstrings become more plus or negative depending on delay, is it just a property of the move or something else?
Its due to a buff they gave when they first nerfed her. I honestly dont know how it works though, only that if delayed they become safer.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
I Don't think people fully understand what I'm doing with this tech so let me explain. Everyone already know that if Tanya delays her rekka she less negative but at the cost of being less theres a gap.
With the tech I'm doing, there's no gap. its just a true block string and you're not going to punish it unless you have a 12 frame advancing move with fast travel time.

Reactions: GAV
I Don't think people fully understand what I'm doing with this tech so let me explain. Everyone already know that if Tanya delays her rekka she less negative but at the cost of being less theres a gap.
With the tech I'm doing, there's no gap. its just a true block string and you're not going to punish it unless you have a 12 frame advancing move with fast travel time.
For Real!!???:eek::joker:

Sure. It was one of the changes documented when she was patched for the first time, so it was no accident.

But now Black's cleared things up, I realize this would be a considerable tool for any Kobu Tanya's pressure.
thanks man....off to the lab :)