What's new

Lupe Fiasco will be playing Daigo Umehara in Street Fighter

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Why no one giving Lupe a chance? He might surprise y'all with something cool. Also, I don't know any of SF greats since I don't follow SF, gonna start now. So who is MCZ Daigo, and what has he done?
LOL, this is an A+ post.

If you're serious though -- Daigo is the greatest and most legendary fighting game player to ever live :eek:

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
LOL, this is an A+ post.

If you're serious though -- Daigo is the greatest and most legendary fighting game player to ever live :eek:
The greatest? I have to look up some macthes from him. I seriously never heard of him. I'm just really getting into the fighting community seriously. I find this more competivie then shooters.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The greatest? I have to look up some macthes from him. I seriously never heard of him. I'm just really getting into the FG community seriously. I find more competivie then shooters.
Ok. Well, welcome to the community :)

Yeah, Daigo is historically one of the most lauded fighting players of all time. At his peak, he had a string of accomplishments that's pretty much unmatched, and even out of it he seems to manage to stay competitive on the higest level. Cool personality and interesting guy.

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Hold up. Is this going on right now? And can someone tell me the backstory behing this? Also, is this for money?

Thank you very much!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I could be wrong, but I very seriously doubt Daigo will body Lupe. Of course, Daigo in a real set would own Lupe for free no contest, but this is a hyped up exhibition, it's marketing for the game. Daigo is going to win but he will sandbag for sure.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Blackballed the homie from the mainstream music scene so he's trying to find another avenue to give his thoughts. I ain't even mad.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hold up. Is this going on right now? And can someone tell me the backstory behing this? Also, is this for money?

Thank you very much!
Basic outline:

Lupe Fiasco talks about SF all the time on his Twitter. Talking about going in and beating people. Someone asked if he watched EVO, and he said "Only to see Daigo." MarkMan eventually approached him on setting up a potential exhibition with Daigo, and here we are today.

There's no money involved, Lupe is basically just living out his dream (on his birthday, no less) of being able to play vs one of the greatest SF players in history.

They just interviewed Lupe...he's really humble about this all, and it's awesome to see he's taken aback by the opportunity and blown away by how big the FGC actually is.