What's new

Loving this site so far!

Just a quick intro thread here so I can force myself out of just lurking all the time:

The first Mortal Kombat really captured my imagination when I first saw an early version at a Chicago arcade. The second entry in the series continued to fascinate me to the point where I wanted to learn everything I could about the game, digging as deep as I could into what made it tick.

Unfortunately, all the games from the third one on didn't do much for me. I never liked the idea of the run button and the aesthetics of the game world went completely off the rails from what I liked so much about the first two entries. I can look back on MK3/UMK3 now and see plenty of appeal, but the 3d games always seemed kind of half-assed to me, never recapturing the charm of the 2d fighters that I came to know and love. (No offense meant to fans of the newer games, it's just an opinion)

Fast forward to present day and a new game is coming out that is a strong return to MK2's visual style while also including an extremely strong roster of characters, amazing visuals/sound, and most importantly a fighting engine that will merit tons of time "in the lab." I pre-ordered the XBox 360 Tournament Edition just before they sold out on Amazon, thankfully. After playing the PSN+ demo, I feel justified in making that purchase. I'm "Nick the Zombie" on XBL if anyone wants to add me for some MK action in April.

I really hope that I can get deep enough into this game to develop a baseline of knowledge with the combo system and fundamental mechanics. I joined this forum because of all the great discussions about the MK's inner workings, something that is sorely lacking elsewhere. I have a LOT to learn from all of you, so I'm Looking forward to it!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Fucking welcome! It's nice to have new faces sign up. Definitely looking forward to getting to know you, Nick! :)

SZSR

Noob
Welcome to TYM, it's great to see new members in the kommunity returning after some time. And the online for XBL is lacking players so the more, the merrier! Hope you won't be a stranger, any questions, please feel free to ask them. ;)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hey Nick, welcome man! You sound like a cool guy, cool you have XBL :) Me too, if you want to play UMK3 or MKDC sometime let me know :)