What's new

Lost faith in online players...

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I have a lot of Ranked matches and I can see why people hate it, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Either that or people are easily annoyed.

People dc on me I'd say about 1/4 of the time. I don't get mad when they do, sometimes people who are pretty decent dc on me but I realyl don't care because it still gives you the win and they still get a loss. And there are good players on there. The only problem is that sometimes you have to get past the many Kung Lao and Raidens with terrible connection which makes the match really horrible. Seems like the lag has been getting worse too since dlc has been coming out, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

And I'm gonna be quite honest here, I don't see why gamefaqs people get so much hate. I'm from there and I play in that lobby and TYM and the average skill level is about the same. I mean there are probably better people on TYM but to disregard the gamefaqs people as trash is just wrong. I don't want to side with either group since I obviously use both sites and I have friends on both sites, but I kind of get irritated when all gamefaqs people are grouped up together as trash.

JrK

Probably Drunk
Hey uh, whoever you are get a fucking clue before you post a whole paragraph of bullshit, online is rigged? People crash the game? People lag switch? ZERO of everything you mentioned is true so get somewhere. Rigged lol, clown.
Seriously? As silly as it is, it's no reason to be so disrespectful.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
And I'm gonna be quite honest here, I don't see why gamefaqs people get so much hate. I'm from there and I play in that lobby and TYM and to be completely honest, the average skill level is about the same. I mean there are probably better people on TYM but to disregard the gamefaqs people as trash is just wrong. I don't want to side with either group since I obviously use both sites and I have friends on both sites, but I kind of get irritated when all gamefaqs people are grouped up together as trash.
You gotta be talking about me. Snips I didn't say gamefaqs kids are trash, or not good at the game. I've never said that. A lot of the guys in the gamefaqs room beat my ass (of course, everyone beats me because none of my fucking buttons work online). The difference is how SERIOUS a lot of those kids take it. A lot of those kids CARE about their w/l ratio, etc. They are also more likely to rage quit, send hate mail, and spam the chat lobby with "UR ALL PUSSAYYYS" or something. LOL that's all i'm saying. Again, there's no denying some of those guys are great at the game.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
You gotta be talking about me. Snips I didn't say gamefaqs kids are trash, or not good at the game. I've never said that. A lot of the guys in the gamefaqs room beat my ass (of course, everyone beats me because none of my fucking buttons work online). The difference is how SERIOUS a lot of those kids take it. A lot of those kids CARE about their w/l ratio, etc. They are also more likely to rage quit, send hate mail, and spam the chat lobby with "UR ALL PUSSAYYYS" or something. LOL that's all i'm saying. Again, there's no denying some of those guys are great at the game.
I'm still going to disagree, if you really got hatemail from them or anything then I would be surprised. Maybe they were just randoms or something that happened to be in the lobby because I rarely ever fight assholes from that site. And I was mostly just saying the general attitude of people on TYM seem to be that gamefaqs people are trash not specifically you saying it. I honestly think you might just be overreacting a bit about them because many of them just play for fun and don't have the best of records.

Not trying to argue or anything but when it comes to the lobby I rarely have issues with gamefaqs people. Now the boards on the otherhand is 80% joke threads and posts but the ones who really are into the game post on here and such whenever they need to have a serious discussion about something. I just wanted to post this because I found out about TYM from gamefaqs and that's pretty much the place where I used to go for help and it kind of annoys me when they are all grouped together with the trolls.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
I have been quit on and disconnected on, but it usually gives them a loss and and win for the other person. I never quit or disconnect early. Learn from your losses. The only thing I can say I took away from playing in ranked is that I'm a much cheaper player due to the unbelievable crap I have to deal with. You can't help it due to the fact that it's an beat or be beaten world out there in Cyber "MK" Space. I have been dealing with this since 04' MKD days. Man if you think you were dealing with some disconnections...you have never played online MKD.

Hey uh, whoever you are get a fucking clue before you post a whole paragraph of bullshit, online is rigged? People crash the game? People lag switch? ZERO of everything you mentioned is true so get somewhere. Rigged lol, clown.
Thank you for the hostility, I really appreciate it. I can see you are uber hardcore and take your online serious boss. The fact of the matter is that Online is really unreliable and vulnerable to exploits. As silly as I may sound, It's what I've witnessed. Here is a list of the stuff I've came across:

Mysterious lag spikes when you are punishing opponent, but when opponent is punishing you, there is no lag spike. You win a match and you get a "Game Session No Longer Available" message, but when you lose, and there is no message. You are pummeling your opponent, somehow if you continue your streak on the 2nd round a "Game Session No Longer Available" Message mysteriously pops up. You pick Raiden or Noob Saibot or Kung Lao and somehow the game Desynchronizes during the Kombat Kodes, but you pick someone else and it almost never happens. Your opponent seems to be Jedi at times and can predict your normals, throw attempts, jumps, and pretty much everything you throw at him. It's as if he sees your move before it happens. You get jabbed out of a Kung Lao spin way after startup animation, you get low poked out of a Johnny Cage Super Armor Kick, you get low poked out of a nightwolf super armor shoulder charge.

After witnessing all this I'd have to be naive to believe there isn't some foul play going on. Obviously, the mentioned things don't happen all the time, but they do happen often enough to make me believe online is complete BS, unplayable, and rigged. It could be one major coincidence however and I'm the only person that experiences this, or maybe the netcode really is THAT BAD. In any event, I wipe my ass with your opinion just as you should wipe your ass with mine. Good day.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Thank you for the hostility, I really appreciate it. I can see you are uber hardcore and take your online serious boss. ....... I wipe my ass with your opinion just as you should wipe your ass with mine. Good day.
Mostly QFT. I'll say that you can probably chalk about 90% of DCs up to the netcode. It gets to a certain point where people realize the unplugging really doesn't do much. There ARE however people that do DC blatantly, and you can almost tell, 'cept for the fact that it can happen at any moment.

Does it exist? yeah.
Does it break online? For me it doesn't. People who obsess over W/L might throw a shitfit, but w/e.

I have something of a 24/3 W/L on ranked (good streak w/ Sektor) and I'm already being accused of boosting ESPECIALLY when the game desyncs. Now, I realize this might LOOK fishy, but just try and realize that it actually could be the netcode, not the other person ~90% of the time.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
I have been quit on and disconnected on, but it usually gives them a loss and and win for the other person. I never quit or disconnect early. Learn from your losses. The only thing I can say I took away from playing in ranked is that I'm a much cheaper player due to the unbelievable crap I have to deal with. You can't help it due to the fact that it's an beat or be beaten world out there in Cyber "MK" Space. I have been dealing with this since 04' MKD days. Man if you think you were dealing with some disconnections...you have never played online MKD.
So YOU are TYM also? Your Mileena is annoying. I hope my Kitana is the same.

Every good (randomly given) series I have in ranked are mostly TYM nowadays.

Anyway, on topic - I play mostly ranked because I don't wanna choose my opponent. Just give me WHOEVER and I'm ready to go. I guess I like the 'mystery' somewhat of who my next opponent will be. Although, I'll agree the amount of EZ Mode tactics go through the roof of ranked, tehre are A LOT of formidable players out there, so it balances out for me. Even though laggy Kung Lao / Raiden matches make me want to, I NEVER disconnect or quit.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
If I play Mileena and beat someone I get a compliment on how good I am.
If I play Raiden and beat someone I get a hatemail on how much I suck.
If I'm beaten and my opponent is teabagging or wants to do a fatality I leave.
If I get mad that's because I lost to bullshit, not because the opponent was better
I prefer Ranked over Player any time. I can't play more than one match either way.
And I never had faith in online players.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Welcome to MK online, where everyone pulls in ranked, ragequits in player matches, and overall just suck at the game and have horrible attitudes. People ragequit more in MK games than any other game I've ever played, MvC3 has nothing on UMK3. I really wish I'd have had a recording device for UMK3 on XBL, to put together a ragequit compilation... but even just editing it to just the ragequits, it would be waay too long for a youtube video.

leek

Noob
I disconnect after every match unless I want to play more.

As long as it says "FINISH HIM" and it's been about 3 seconds since, you can leave and it will still count as a loss and a win for him(or vice versa)

That being said, I leave immediately if there's any lag at all. Not that, "oh hurr am laggin dats y i cant land no combos lul its da lag, br0" But that framerate shit, where you see your frames drop to about 15/20per second, and it takes .5seconds for a move to startup.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I disconnect after every match unless I want to play more.

As long as it says "FINISH HIM" and it's been about 3 seconds since, you can leave and it will still count as a loss and a win for him(or vice versa)

That being said, I leave immediately if there's any lag at all. Not that, "oh hurr am laggin dats y i cant land no combos lul its da lag, br0" But that framerate shit, where you see your frames drop to about 15/20per second, and it takes .5seconds for a move to startup.
God, I HATE that! And is it just me or is it doing this a shit ton more since 1.04?

If I'm beaten and my opponent is teabagging or wants to do a fatality I leave.
I would troll you so bad if you did that to me while I'm trying to turn you into a baby. :)

I only teabag when I make a huge comeback or when my opponent tries to counter pick me using Kabal or Raiden. Makes people so mad I love it. :D It's just a way of taunting the opponent. It looks funnier in SF though.

I just wish we could shoto wiggle in MK9.

I do play online, a lot, but I don't take it seriously at all. . . It's just convenient for me as I just can't go to weekly tournaments or travel all over the place. When I'm not playing REO or a couple other friends I play Ranked. I play Ranked because I like the unknown factor, people not getting to choose who they play, it's one and done and on to the next. Aside from that I've played 6677 matches (5567-1110), I can certainly tell you it's not "rigged", people don't "crash it", and as far as your lag spikes go yeah, they happen, just like they do in any other game, it happening when you're punishing is probably a coincidence. If someone is sitting there with a lag switch yeah that's just sad, but it doesn't happen enough for anyone to flat out hate online or ranked because of it. The netcode is questionable, and people quit, disc, dashboard all the time but when they do you still get your win, move on, it's not that big of deal. If you don't like it don't play it, very simple, don't sit here and lie about it though.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
I do play online, a lot, but I don't take it seriously at all. . . It's just convenient for me as I just can't go to weekly tournaments or travel all over the place. When I'm not playing REO or a couple other friends I play Ranked. I play Ranked because I like the unknown factor, people not getting to choose who they play, it's one and done and on to the next. Aside from that I've played 6677 matches (5567-1110), I can certainly tell you it's not "rigged", people don't "crash it", and as far as your lag spikes go yeah, they happen, just like they do in any other game, it happening when you're punishing is probably a coincidence. If someone is sitting there with a lag switch yeah that's just sad, but it doesn't happen enough for anyone to flat out hate online or ranked because of it. The netcode is questionable, and people quit, disc, dashboard all the time but when they do you still get your win, move on, it's not that big of deal. If you don't like it don't play it, very simple, don't sit here and lie about it though.
^This is perfect.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I only teabag when I make a huge comeback or when my opponent tries to counter pick me using Kabal or Raiden. Makes people so mad I love it. :D It's just a way of taunting the opponent. It looks funnier in SF though.
I still find it incredibly disrespectful. The only instances where I teabag is if the opponent is talking shit through the mic or doing Cyrax bullshit (I don't hate on Cyrax, I mean picking mk3 costume for old bomb traps and/or doing absolutely nothing but teleport+net to fail at his high damage combos). If you make a huge comeback, it still means the opponent did well against you, so why would you disrespect him like that?

The other night I was doing pretty well in a KoTH until a really good, high-pressure Kabal came in. He didn't destroy me, but he still won 2 rounds to 0. I thought "wow, this is a pretty legit Kabal player, definitely gets a 10", and then he teabagged me as a finisher, so I naturally gave him a 0. I mean, REALLY? Not only is Kabal possibly Kitana's worst matchup, but I didn't use my mic the whole match. It's uncalled for. But, I still beat him the next match ;)

If you make a huge comeback, it still means the opponent did well against you, so why would you disrespect him like that?
Simple: Because I don't see it as disrespectful. If my opponent feels insulted by it then it's his problem. :D I would taunt instead but there's no taunt in MK9.

Fenro

Nordic myth
If your playing online and trying to make your points reflect your skill you are already in the wrong track.

i myself am at aprox 432wins/205 loses and 5 disconnects and that means jack shit. most of the matches i happen to lose are mostly because of the facts that im a visual confirm type of player and it doesnt go well with lag, and not forgetting the fact that there is allot of bullshit that is viable in online which would never work offline like constantly jumping around etc....

there have been 2 tournaments in my country for this game and ive aced both of them.

my advice "keep internet games" just for reference and learn the basics of enemy moves and after that get the fuck out of there and go find some offline guys to play with.

any self respecting person that know anything about fighting games doesnt give online statistics any credit.

there was even this guy who said that he would have beated perfectlegend in evo just because he alegedly won him in online match.... what an idiot....
online can never be taken seriously in competitive scene

leek

Noob
Maybe it's not1.04... idk. It's the Freddy patch. seems like I'm been having tons of issues since then.
oh alright.

Uh no clue, it's always been like this for me.. :/

EDIT: the patch that people said fixed online to be better actually made it worse on my end. It was best for me at 1.01 and 1.02 came out and it was back to shit again.

No one is talking about stats meaning anything. . . Online is still the same game even though the slightest of lag and delay promotes block strings and traps to be harder to escape, combos are times a bit different, but the CORE of the game is still there, and despite playing so much online, I'm still better offline, always.

I didn't make this thread to bitch pointlessly, but seriously I have NO faith whatsoever in online MK players, they seem to be more obseesed by their online rank score than about the game they play. I just played over 10 ranked matches, of the 9 I won all 9 players disconected their internet after I had beaten them to preserve their fucking online score. Why does this bother me? At first it didn't I just found it amusing, but after countless people doing this to me I'm left with a score which doesn't reflect my skill in anyway whatsoever. Additionally, if you can't accept defeat you shouldn't play the game!

Disconnection still shows a loss, and a d/c. How does it preserve the online score?