What's new

Looking to assemble a list of characters with armored launchers

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I know could assemble this list all by myself if I spent some time in the lab, but I am a lazy person, so I am not going to do that. I have a funny feeling that armored launchers will have a high correlation with top tier characters. I do think it would be helpful if we had all of this information in one place, so I will kick it off:

Cassie Cage
Erron Black (Outlaw)
Raiden
Kung Jin
Johnny Cage
Sub Zero
Goro
Ferra Tor
Mileena
Quan Chi (Warlock)
Scorpion (on wakeup only?)
Jax
Ermac
Kotal Kahn
Takeda
Reptile
Kung Lao
Shinnok

Maybes that need confirmation:
Mileena
Kano

Last edited:

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Reptile's mb claw scratch and mb claw pounce launch and have armor I believe.

And Mileena's mb roll.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Can't remember, does Lao's Ex Spin have armor in any of his variations?
I think so, I beat out a Bojutsu KJ Staff Spin today with a wake up EX Spin but it could have just been online being weird and not true armour. Bear in mind that it gets multiple hits really quickly so it breaks armour itself.

Tempest wouldn't get that though, so I imagine Buzzsaw and Hat Trick do

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
On the top of my head,Sub-Zero, Goro, Ferra-Torr, Mileena and maybe Takeda, Kotal Khan war god have armored launchers. Probably other characters too

virtiqaL

Noob
Is Ex tele not an armored launcher? if not I'll remove. I could've sworn it had armor lol.
Just tested in training, does seem to have a hit of armor. Learn something new everyday.

Just figured it was hard to hit and I usually got away with it out of luck/whiffed pressure, lol.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Kenshi, Liu Kang if he uses two bars in Dragon's Fire, Jax.

Technically Kano as well, as ex ball has armour that you can cancel and get a popup.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know could assemble this list all by myself if I spent some time in the lab, but I am a lazy person, so I am not going to do that. I have a funny feeling that armored launchers will have a high correlation with top tier characters. I do think it would be helpful if we had all of this information in one place, so I will kick it off:

Cassie Cage
Erron Black (Outlaw)
Raiden
Kung Jin
Johnny Cage
Sub Zero
Goro
Ferra Tor
Mileena
Quan Chi (Warlock)
Scorpion (on wakeup only?)
Jax
Ermac

Maybes that need confirmation:
Kotal Kahn
Takeda
Reptile
Kung Lao
The maybes all definitely have armor. Takeda has EX Fist Flurry, EX WHip Flurry, EX Tele, EX low whip(dont remember what its called).
Kotal kahn has EX overhead sword
Reptile has EX claw
Kung Lao has EX Spin

Also not listed:
Mileena's EX ball has armor IIRC, not sure
Shinnok has EX scepter scoop and EX charge