What's new

Looking at Scorpion kameo again…he’s gonna be insane I think.

One of the attacks is an overhead launcher that I just know is gonna be set up some really crazy 50/50s and then you have that “get back here!” full screen neutral reset. However I think the player will take a bit of damage in exchange. Either that or a bigger cooldown time.

I wish we could have seen his other attacks, but yeah lol I’m planning on pairing Scorpion with Scorpion.

Two spears are better than one I say.

I dub thee…Team Double Penetration.

Don’t worry, I’ll see myself out.

It's not really INSANE, like Kenshi attacking you from two sides without a cameo, or Johnny getting 50% without a bar. He looks fun.
I disagree, it’s gonna have huge potential depending on who uses him.

Also, The kenshi thing is in place of a kameo.

It will certainly have its draw backs too, there wasn’t enough time to figure out how to really counter it, but it’ll be figured out. Don’t even know if it’s still as good being that the build was older.

Johnny Cage always looks boring to me, no different here.

I think it’s just that I’m not a fan.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I already mentioned this in the Scorpion thread. His Kameo looks like it’s going to be good. I really like the spear-get-back move, should be great for mobility. I’m looking forward to trying out his Kameo with Smoke and with Scorpion himself

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I will absolutely be trying to abuse the pull-back kameo move for getting the hell out of dodge against hyper pressure characters. I'm wondering if it'll be able to be reacted to for potential punishing. I guess that depends on how fast you recover from it.

Amirluc

Kaballin'
I will absolutely be trying to abuse the pull-back kameo move for getting the hell out of dodge against hyper pressure characters. I'm wondering if it'll be able to be reacted to for potential punishing. I guess that depends on how fast you recover from it.
I wonder how it will be if you’re in the corner

I wonder how it will be if you’re in the corner
That’s gonna be interesting, I imagine it just wouldn’t work. Definitely can’t pull you out through the opponent. Probably can’t work as an offensive attack hitting the opponent in the back either because the spear really comes from off screen and would be real cheap.

champdee

Noob
One of the attacks is an overhead launcher that I just know is gonna be set up some really crazy 50/50s and then you have that “get back here!” full screen neutral reset. However I think the player will take a bit of damage in exchange. Either that or a bigger cooldown time.

I wish we could have seen his other attacks, but yeah lol I’m planning on pairing Scorpion with Scorpion.

Two spears are better than one I say.

I dub thee…Team Double Penetration.

Don’t worry, I’ll see myself out.
yeah it looked like it gave the player a hit of armor and pulled them back.. looks cheap lol

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
It be op if u could use it to negate something like being froze by Subzero will it work to pull u out of the way ?? What if the other player uses his Kamo Scorps at the same time ? Get over here Vs Get back here. Who takes priority? Yea some crazy shit might be pulled with tht. Wont kno till we can lab it tho.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Don't worry guys as a Scorpion main I can confidently promise all of you that even his Kameo will be uber unsafe as hell and if it has anything good going for it that it will immediately be nerfed in the first patch, end of first month at the latest. lmao. :laughing:

well it definitely looks like the scorpion kameo is gonna be every zoner's best friend with the pullback. i'm kinda worried about playable scorpion though. his moveset looks like he gets even more neutral control for free than ever before. i'm not exactly excited for another of "those" matchups where you don't get a turn until you make a hard read or he messes up. but well, we know nothing until we've seen the frame data.

well it definitely looks like the scorpion kameo is gonna be every zoner's best friend with the pullback. i'm kinda worried about playable scorpion though. his moveset looks like he gets even more neutral control for free than ever before. i'm not exactly excited for another of "those" matchups where you don't get a turn until you make a hard read or he messes up. but well, we know nothing until we've seen the frame data.
I mean Scorpion will be Scorpion.

Don’t try to zone him and don’t make any mistakes.

indeed, he will always be the "we gave him teleport and spear in 1992 because it looked cool and now we had to make up an archetype around that" scorpion :cool:
Pretty much man. He’s become the face of the franchise and NRS to further solidify it all.

Though he has very clearly taken a back seat for the promotion of MK1.

But that COULD be due to NRS trying to hide the already predicted and nearly confirmed revelation that he’s Kuai Liang in this world.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
LOL! Wow, this may very well be a new record. Theory craft complaining… amazin’!

And this is why it’s frustrating maining Scorpion. People will complain no matter what, but especially since he’s used a lot. Just really hope NRS doesn’t listen to all the scrubs complaining this time around.

LOL! Wow, this may very well be a new record. Theory craft complaining… amazin’!

And this is why it’s frustrating maining Scorpion. People will complain no matter what, but especially since he’s used a lot. Just really hope NRS doesn’t listen to all the scrubs complaining this time around.
i don't even want to answer this

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger

^ This. No matter how good or bad he is at launch, people WILL complain that he's too good because they don't want to use the block button or bother to learn just how unsafe he actually is if you do. He WILL get nerfed to try and make him not be viable whatsoever. And I will still love him, main him, and find a way to win against my friends with that wonderful ninja bastard.

I’m with him on it though.

Scorpion caught several unnecessary nerfs in the past due to complaints that were unwarranted.
if i may quote myself from the reference post: "but well, we know nothing until we've seen the frame data."
until we've seen that, i'm just seeing the only char so far that seems to have 2/3 screen normals and a tracking unblockable. his frame data better be shit. i also never said that scorpion was op, he's probably got mostly 5-5s in mk 11. doesnt change that the character concept is mad dumb and just tedious and boring to fight against.

if i may quote myself from the reference post: "but well, we know nothing until we've seen the frame data."
until we've seen that, i'm just seeing the only char so far that seems to have 2/3 screen normals and a tracking unblockable. his frame data better be shit. i also never said that scorpion was op, he's probably got mostly 5-5s in mk 11. doesnt change that the character concept is mad dumb and just tedious and boring to fight against.
But it’s not dumb though. It’s different and should remain that way.

He’s been a staple character from the very beginning that has had these abilities from the very beginning.

You can’t take it away all of a sudden.

The same tactic for one character shouldn’t work across the board on all characters.

You want to zone everyone out? Too bad, that’s not the character to do it against. Just an example.

He’s meant to alter the opponent’s strategy. As is everyone in their own way

Teleport isn’t safe on its own either, he has to spend meter to make it safe.

He also as a result doesn’t get 9 frame mid starters like other characters did back in MK11.

He has trade offs is my point.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'll be more than satisfied he is on the same level of Hellfire variation in MKXL by the end of the game - decently fast, good damage, some mixups, yet not terribly broken/cheap by any means. I didn't like how he play in MK11 at all.

But it’s not dumb though. It’s different and should remain that way.

He’s been a staple character from the very beginning that has had these abilities from the very beginning.

You can’t take it away all of a sudden.

The same tactic for one character shouldn’t work across the board on all characters.

You want to zone everyone out? Too bad, that’s not the character to do it against. Just an example.

He’s meant to alter the opponent’s strategy. As is everyone in their own way

Teleport isn’t safe on its own either, he has to spend meter to make it safe.

He also as a result doesn’t get 9 frame mid starters like other characters did back in MK11.

He has trade offs is my point.
i dont think it is ever a good idea to have a character that completely dominates neutral with the simplest tools.