What's new

Guide - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Guide: Dragon's Fire variation breakdown. (Outdated)

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
F213 fb rc is the only thing that jails. Any other string that is plus on block is only about +2.
Hey bro i have a few questions about the frame traps.

From my testing, i have not been able to get the run cancels to be THAT plus other than F213. Because if what your are saying is true then after any one of those strings into FB RC the opponents cannot even armor if your follow up is within those plus frames. Ive set the cpu to reversal and they armor through. So i figured maybe they are in the range of +1-+3ish.

So is there something im missing? Is it that you have to maybe do a perfect RC to get those frames?
Id like to think im am pretty good but i have not been able to get that much plus frames frim anything other than F213.
I said f213 fb rc is the only TRUE BLOCK string. Meaning you CANNOT armor, xray, reversal etc.

He does have frame traps with all of the strings I've mentioned and they are way more than +2 or 3 on block that's for sure. B3 fb rc after the 2nd hit is a true block string with f213 if you cancel the fireball and rc as fast as possible.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If the f213 isn't blocked midscreen, is there a way to get anything off a fireball cancel?

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
If you get hit by F213 mid screen, its easy enough to hit confirm into Dragon Kick or Low Fireball or even Bicycle kick into DK or LFB. And personally i am ok with it if my opponents want to get out of my pressure that way. Lol

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
they most definitely did nerf him. ive been using b23 on block thinking that its still 0 but its -2 now which blows becuase i get poked out now. BUT his 111 string is plus 2 on block

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Second hit of 111 sometimes whiffs on crouch blocking. Annoying as hell.
I guarantee it's the same issue affecting everytjng Jacqui does. Go into practice against Mileena and set her to crouch-block. Watch her height: it goes high, low, highest, low, etc. When she's "highest" then mid attacks will hit her. But when she's in any other state, they will whiff. The same applies to every character without a giant hitbox.

RM_Gamer

Noob
question. what do u do when pressured besides back dash or armor? d1's in this game arent -12 anymore so u cant punish, and kangs pokes r too slow to use for counter pokes. i feel like kangs only good reversal option besides armor is d2 because it's 7f. could his f1 be of better use?

f1 6frames. s1 8 frames . b1 9 frames. only time youd poke with liu vs an agressive rushdown wud be if u read theyre going to do a high string. his pokes are awfully slow and his fastest mid hitting move is as fast as his fastest poke. counterpoke them with b12 bicycle or f213 . if you f4 a lot of time they will just jump out as its a low starter.

is this variation meant to be played keep away game or rushdown style or would you say it rly depends on the match up I play vs?
his fireball keep away game seems quite strong
I haven't went online yet though and just hit the training room a few mins ago

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
is this variation meant to be played keep away game or rushdown style or would you say it rly depends on the match up I play vs?
his fireball keep away game seems quite strong
I haven't went online yet though and just hit the training room a few mins ago
You use the fireballs to force them to approach, but Liu's is generally a strong rushdown character. Even more so because his counterpokes are slow, he doesn't have good reversals, and his wakeups are mediocre so he suffers on the defensive.. The goal is to keep constant pressure on the opponent to do something and make a mistake.

thanks for the quick reply
I have 1 more question
is there a trick in order to release the air fireball this low?
I cant seem to get the air fireball coming out this low after the overhead

thx

Still don't have the path on XBONE. Still havnt heard a clear opinion on Liu after patch. How is everyone using Liu now on ps4? Only F213 fbrc, 111 for pressure?