What's new

Lists of Wants/Realistic/Not Blatantly Obvious Predictions for MK10

VOR

Noob
Go ahead and feel free to get into some things that you want, think should, and think will happen possibly for MK10. I tried to make mine realistic, and for the actual improvement of the game and the franchise itself.

Back to block- Not going to happen, too many teleporters. It's a quirk for Scorpion in Injustice, but to hold down as an overall mechanic for a large part of the game, it's probably not a good one.

It's going to be much better balanced- Which brings up things like the lower tiers of MK9 having more viable mixups, ways of getting in, more nuanced zoning, aerial gimmicks. Basically put, there is going to be a lot of shit that is a pain in the ass to deal with, and more spread across the board. In true NRS fashion, there's going to be "that stupid fucking move", but for more characters. I actually like some of the cheap aspects of NRS games.

Superman and Batman will both be in the game- Keeps WB/DC/fanboys happy. The movie…. I'd be down.

More diverse skins- Yay

A MODERN, UP TO DATE, MARVELOUS NETCODE- This is what really gains and keeps players and the competitive community going. Not everyone has a good scene or the right schedule to train and get experience with. High level experience is of course best, but I think some tournament players may like to do random matches to see some scrubbier shit they might see in a tournament bracket, just to see what's out there and be aware of certain things. A good net code is what I would really like NRS to work on and what WB should give them the support for.

K?

Well, there are a few things...

* A few costumes for female characters that aren't incredibly revealing and/or sexualised.
* An adjusted breaker system. As it stands, those that gain meter quickly benefit hugely at the expense of those who have trouble gaining meter. It would be cool if the number of breakers was set to the number of rounds you have to win (e.g. in a 'best of three' setting, you have two breakers), but in order to use them you have to also be below 50% health.
* Give every special move an EX version.
* Sonya (who there is no way won't be returning) needs her Square Wave Punch back. And possibly her Bicycle Kick. But mostly her Square Wave Punch.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Every character should have legit armor and the game should have honest hit trades like Injustice so there is no P1 advantage. Give me that and try to keep the game balanced and I'm fine.

Injustice guest character will be the Arkham Asylum Pig.

It will have only 1 move. An unblockable that goes 80 percent of the screen and does 20 percent unbreakable on hit.

Also, don't be surprised if you see a combo system similar to Injustices wall bounce system with B3's as the main combo tool.

This is what made Injustice's combo system so flexible and accessible to new players.

On that note, I'd also expect meter to play a larger role in doing kombos.

So you'll see a kombo flow similar to injustice.

Opener string, MB special attack, B3, jump attack, ender.

At least that's my guess.

I liked it because it seperated opening strings from combo starters by making most combo starters special moves canceled after normal strings.

It allows for more kombo variety and depth, mix and match opening strings with combo starting specials, and then having a universal B3 type linker that could easily lead into any ending string of your choice.

It was a huge win/win for N

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I think weapons are going to be a thing.
In the trailor, notice Scorpion sword dangling from his hip also subzeros sword being shown laying on the ground before he even picks it up.
Just an observation.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
All but besides the point, I hope they bring back FMV endings for each character. Probably not going to happen - just imagine the costs / man hours needed - but it would be a real treat.