What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn List of the entire cast's Overhead & Low sword punishes

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tested with the entire cast in the variations that would make sense to be able to punish. This means I didn't test e.g wrestler Jax or dualist Liu and so on and so forth so some obscure punishers may not be included in this list. Every character in the game bar Mileena can punish the overhead sword, certain characters can punish the low sword depending on the distance.

Subzero - F4 punishes OH, Slide all.

Mileena - Can't punish anything.

Cassie - Punishes OH with IAGS, can't punish with B1.

Jacquie - Force rush, Gauntlet strike, gunshots all punish OH and Low sword.

Kung Jin - UF Instant air divekick, punishes OH sword.

Kung Lao - UF Instant air divekick, non-tempest EX spin.

Scorpion - Ninjutsu F2 punishes the OH. @Vagrant "Scorpion in hellfire can do F3 FBRC f3 spear. "

Kitana - [] Boost punishes both, throat slice the overhead and the low only if the low is done at close range

Kenshi - Flurry, both.

Jax - Bugged, he gets almost no pushback on block whenever he blocks the overhead, only one in the entire cast, punishes overhead with 11/dash punch/DP, DP punishes a close range low sword too.

Shinnok - Shoulder punishes both, F2 punishes the OH.

Kano - IAB

Johnny - F3 punishes the OH, shadow kick and flipkick punish both, stunt double gets a full combo punish.

Eren Black - Slide and command throw punish the overhead, the low is safe.

Goro - Chest lunge

Liu Kang - Low fire, Dragon kick punish the close low and OH at any range.

Ermac - Soul charge/IASC punish both.

Reptle - Slide and Dash punish both.

F/Torr - Boss toss punishes the OH and the close low.

D'Vorah - Ovipositor punishers a close/mid range low and OH.

Raiden - EX Shocker punishes both, Superman punishes OH and Low unless former's done at max range.

Quan - Rune punishes the OH, can't follow up with trance because of awkward distance, B2 trance also punishes but not B2 rune also because of awkward distance where both close and mid runes whiff.

Sonya - F2 punishes the OH sword. Super tight window.

Tanya - F2 and EX teleport in all variations @Zoidberg747

I don't have DLC characters.

@Hidan @UltraDavid @Mr Aqua @KeyserSoze @Crayraven @STB Hellbringer
@RYX
@MsMiharo @BigMilk @Hassun

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Every character (almost?) in the game can backdash the sword (OH/Low) then run in for a full combo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're better off armouring through gaps instead of backdashing since it's way easier to OS armour and with fewer consequences than backdash.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Scorpions take down may be able to punish both but I can't test it atm. How negative is low sword?

Belial

Noob
I don't play anymore so no point tagging me. However theres a lot of mistakes in that list for ex I played mileena a lot and she punish all specials but idk notation. Same with Cassie she punishes oh and low no problem sometimes she run sometime b1 etc . Didn't know KJ can punish oh though, nice find.
also bd vs his mixup is very good option armor only good vs crappy stuff like b14

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Dvorah can punish with f1 at most ranges for 40% on both oh and low. Kotal himself can punish with f1.