What's new

Strategy - Shinnok List of armored reversals guaranteed to punish 3rd Hellspark/MB option on block (WIP)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
As many know, the 3rd Hellspark is always -22 on block, and like the ones before it, can be meter burned to be made +14, but also can be interrupted, and of course, some characters deal with this better than others with armor guaranteed to deal with both scenarios. I'd like to get this knowledge out here as I find it important for some matchups and may dictate whether it's worth choosing your variation for alternative tools for tis metagame that Hellsparks usually entertains. Granted there are some more that aren't listed here, but have unspecified whiffing issues from certain ranges, so I'm only listing the ones I know for sure for now.

Key:
* Guaranteed to punish at any distance
* Guaranteed to punish if all three Hellsparks were blocked, will whiff/be blocked if only 3rd Hellspark was blocked at max range

- Ermac: EX Soul Charge (Spectral), EX Tele-Choke (Mystic)

- Erron Black: EX Slide (all variations)

- Jax: EX Straight Dash Punch (all variations)

- Jacqui: EX Forces Rush (all variations)

- Johnny Cage: EX Shadow Kick (all variations)

- Kano: EX Kano Ball (all variations)

- Kenshi: EX BF2 (Balanced and Possessed)

- Kitana: EX Shadow Kick (Mournful), EX Square Wave (Royal Storm)

- Kotal Kahn: EX Overhead Sword (War God) (NOTE: Does not launch for full combo)

- Kung Jin: EX Lunge Kick (all variations)

- Liu Kang: Traditional EX Dragon Kick (Flame Fist and Dualist), EX Double Dragon Kick (Dragon's Fire)

- Quan Chi: EX Portal Stab (Warlock)

- Raiden: EX Electric Fly (all variations)

- Reptile: EX Slide (all variations)

- Shinnok: EX Low Scepter (Bone Shaper), EX Shoulder Charge (Impostor and Necromancer)

- Sonya: EX Arc Kick: (all variations)

- Sub-Zero: EX Slide (all variations)

- Takeda: EX Whip Assault (Lasher)

- Tremor: EX Straight Stone Punch (all variations)

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Can I ask something,?if you decide to armour thought the last spark,and the opponent will meter burn it,doesn't it count for 2 hits?and my armoured move to be interrupted?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Can I ask something,?if you decide to armour thought the last spark,and the opponent will meter burn it,doesn't it count for 2 hits?and my armoured move to be interrupted?
You armor after blocking the 3rd spark, but before the MB. So it's only 1 hit.

For Shinnok's shoulder you have mentioned that it's ex version works only for impostor and Necro, but it works for all variation, BS included.