What's new

Tech List of Anti Ground pound D4s (and normals)

LEGEND

YES!
i'll start this of by saying that Specials are usually the best way to go when you want to deal with Jax's GP. Things like Baraka's blade charge and Ermac's Force Push work great for punishing these Midscreen zoning attempts. But what about when you want to get in on a Zoning Jax? Or if your character Doesn't have a special to make Jax Fear abusing GPs?

This is where having a D4 that evades GP completely can really help out
So here are the list of characters That can do this:

Rain
Cyber Sub-Zero
Sheeva
Quan Chi
Kabal
Stryker
Jax
Smoke
Cyrax
Nightwolf
Johnny Cage
Ermac

Now it should be said that this isn't a free way in. Jax can still cancel his GP and punish the wiff of any of these options. What this does at the very least is create a Guessing game that was not there before
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another option for evading Jax's GPs is to change stances. But this is extremely strict timing and like D4, is character specific. So far i've only been able to confirm a few characters that can do this:

Jax
Sonya
Liu Kang
Scorpion

it looks like anyone with a slight hop animation in their Stance change can do it, but i haven't been able to test everyone yet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly here are all the other random normals that can evade a GP. They may not be very practical but it might be better than nothing, I'll let you decide what to do with this:

Skarlet: U3
Rain: B2, B1
Quan Chi: 4, U3, F4
Baraka: U3, U4
Kano: F4
Sonya: F4, B3, MS-3 and 4
Sektor: U3-4
Cyrax: U4
Mileena: U4
Jade: U3, B2
Cage: F4
Kitana: F3, F4. B2 can work but not on reaction
Ermac: U4
Reptile: F3, B4
Sindel: U4, B2
Lao: F4

Thanks for reading :)
input and discussions welcome

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
sindel standing 4 and u4 for sure on reaction but im sure with these normals jax can cancel into dash punch her if she is in range.