What's new

Li Mei Kombos

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster
Okay gents, my last big post, finally finished labbing Li Mei with every kameo...

Sub and Frost. Ice Armor so good, every character may as well learn Sub combos for their mains lol.

Unique stuff I could find with Misc. Kameos but not enough for a full video. Motaro, Goro, Sareena, Kano, Sonya, Sektor, and Stryker.

And finally, a whopping 7 minute video going over what Shujinko brings for Li Mei!

Only included moves I found a purpose for. Some characters (Nitara) I couldn't find sauce at all. The best uses are cases like Scorpion, where both moves you steal are valuable, and if you start with spear, you can usually recover Shujinko's bar before your combo even finishes. Sub-Zero or Geras are also really good choices for this reason. Ultimately I wouldn't recommend Shujinko over Scorp/Lao/Cyrax/Jax/Sub.

Regarding Shujinko's forward throw, you can combo into an existing lantern above their head with the following characters : Reptile, Johnny Cage, Ashrah, Kenshi, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Rain, Kitana, Shao Kahn, Sindel, and Geras. This provides an extra 90 damage but no combo opportunity as all three characters get knocked down. Non-listed characters are simple knockdowns and cannot trigger lantern.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I said I’d post some scorpion Kameo combos.
Don’t know if these are max damage but they’re very consist.

For any instance of b34 in combos, you can substitute for 43 for less damage but much easier

Notation
ATTACKS
1 – front punch (fp): square on PS, X on Xbox
2 – back punch (bp): triangle on PS, Y on Xbox
3 – front kick (fk): X on PS, A on Xbox
4 – back kick (bk): Circle on PS, B on Xbox

DIRECTIONS
u - UP
d - DOWN
b – BACK (away from opponent)
f - FORWARD (towards opponent)

JUMPS
j - jump
ji – jump in (Jump towards opponent)
nj - neutral jump (Jump directly up)

OTHERS
~ - cancel
(ex) – indicates EX version of a special
K - Kameo
, - end of string/normal/special
+ - indicates button pressed at same time

Kameo timing:
For Kameo usage with db3, input the Kameo as the flip come out.

For Kameo using bf4, input the Kameo just before li Mei starts punching (but after she has charged)

For Kameo using 214, input the Kameo before the 4 (the kick) of the string comes out.

For Kameo using air db4(ex), input the Kameo immediately after the instant air in one motion.

For Kameo using db3(ex), input immediately with the db3 reversal. Timing is extremely tight.

Midscreen:

(7 frame starter)
124~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
124~bf4, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, dash, db2, ji212~db4
124~bf1(ex), 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
124~bf1(ex), 43~db3, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji13~db4

(9 frame starter; slightly further reach)
214, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
214, K+u, db2, ji134~bf1(ex), ji134~db4
214, K+u, db2, b34~db3, K+u, db2, ji212~db4

(12 frame mid)
b2~bf1(ex), 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
b2~bf1(ex), b34~db3, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji13~db4

(10 frame starter)
4312~bf4, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, dash, db2, ji212~db4
4312~bf1(ex), 43~db4, K+u, db2, ji134~db4

(17 frame mid)
b34~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
b34~bf4, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, dash, db2, ji212~db4

(Low starter)
f4~bf1(ex), 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
f4~bf1(ex), 43~bf4, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji13~db4

(Long distance punish)
bf4, K+u, ji134~db4
bf4, K+u, ji134~bf1(ex), ji134~db4
bf4, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4

(7 frame punish; very tight timing)
db3(ex), k+u, ji134~db4
db3(ex), k+u, 43~db3, k+u, db2, ji134~db4

(Overhead)
(instant air)db4(ex), K+u, j134~db4
(instant air)db4(ex), K+u, 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4

(Anti-air)
1, 43~db3, K+u, db2, ji134~db4
1, 43~bf4, K+u, 43~db3, K+u, dash, db2, ji212~db4

Corner:
(7 frame starter)
124~bf1, d1~bf4, K, db2, ji134~db4
124~bf4, K, db2, ji134~bf1(ex), ji13~db4
124~bf1(ex) backdash~43~bf4, K, db2, ji134~db4
124~bf1(ex), backdash~43~bf4, K, db2, 43~bf4, K, j13~db4

(9 frame starter; slightly further reach)
214, K, db2, ji134~db4

(10 frame starter)
4312~bf4, K, db2, ji134~bf1(ex), ji13~db4
4312~bf1(ex) backdash~43~bf4, K, db2, ji134~db4
4312~bf1(ex), backdash~43~bf4, K, db2, 43~bf4, K, j13~db4

(Low starter)
f4~bf1(ex) backdash~43~bf4, K, db2, ji134~db4
f4~bf1(ex), backdash~43~bf4, K, db2, 43~bf4, K, j13~db4

(Overhead starter)
(instant air)db4(ex), K, j134~db4
(instant air)db4(ex), K, 43~bf4, db2, ji134~db4

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So, does Li Mei need Kameo in order to deal damage?
She needs either Kameo, lantern, or meter.

She hits 35% as standard with 1 bar no Kameo. Off her low she’ll hit 40%, and more in the corner.
if you have a lantern set up, she’ll hit 35-40%.

With kameos, she hits 40-50%, but depends on the Kameo.

She’s definitely a character that gains a lot from the Kameo system.

Kung Lao, Scorpion, Cyrax, and Sub Zero seem to be the mains ones atm, but she’s great with basically everyone tbh.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
She needs either Kameo, lantern, or meter.

She hits 35% as standard with 1 bar no Kameo. Off her low she’ll hit 40%, and more in the corner.
if you have a lantern set up, she’ll hit 35-40%.

With kameos, she hits 40-50%, but depends on the Kameo.

She’s definitely a character that gains a lot from the Kameo system.

Kung Lao, Scorpion, Cyrax, and Sub Zero seem to be the mains ones atm, but she’s great with basically everyone tbh.
I primarily use Goro who works rather well as long as people aren't ducking him. If they are ducking him I'll switch to Sektor and I have success there. Currently stuck at Demi God. I'd probably be getting my way out of there but everyone I match up with is at Grandmaster.

I also usually only hit 35%(ish) from her low because I don't commit to the f34, I go f3 EX Nova blast.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I primarily use Goro who works rather well as long as people aren't ducking him. If they are ducking him I'll switch to Sektor and I have success there. Currently stuck at Demi God. I'd probably be getting my way out of there but everyone I match up with is at Grandmaster.

I also usually only hit 35%(ish) from her low because I don't commit to the f34, I go f3 EX Nova blast.
With scorpion you still get 40-50% off the low f4~bf1(ex)

f4~bf1(ex), b34~db2, u+k, db2, db2, ji13~db4

You get high 30s low 40s with Lao for similar:
f4~bf1(ex), f+k, b3~db2, ji134~db4

Sub can also get decent damage but I haven’t tested him out too much. I’m pretty sure you can re-freeze after bf1(ex) and get a lantern setup which you can knock them into.

rifraf

Noob
51% from the fastest special in the game(Idk if actually true). Technically, as fast as most characters' d1's. Maybe the super humans amongst us can actually utilise it in an actual game :laughing:

Syzoth

Aight gents, I'm having some issues coming up with Li Mei/Cyrax combos midscreen, corner is beyond good. Can anyone help me out?
I cannot. I have not used Cyrax. I imagine you could combo off of her throw though, perhaps end in db3 and see if you can vertical chopper off of that?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I cannot. I have not used Cyrax. I imagine you could combo off of her throw though, perhaps end in db3 and see if you can vertical chopper off of that?
Throw combo is technically possible, but quite challenging. Essentially you just get a bf4 as additional damage but the timing is really strict

In the corner, you can combo off basically anything that you can with scorp launch.

Mid screen you can get some decent damage, but combo-ing from iadb4 is inconsistent.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
So we all know that online makes kombos a little more difficult to connect.

What is everyone's main BnB combos for online? By that I mean which one are you using that you connect 90% of the time. All kombos great and small welcome :D

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So we all know that online makes kombos a little more difficult to connect.

What is everyone's main BnB combos for online? By that I mean which one are you using that you connect 90% of the time. All kombos great and small welcome :D
Most of her combos aren’t too high execution. Mostly her standard combos are the ones I do online.

I haven't seen much for fatal blow combos for our girl here so I spent some time figuring some out. Haven't attempted online yet.
Here's some inputs.

0 bar 0 kameo
(very basic so short n sweet)
12 / 21 / 43 / b3/ f4 / 4312(3rd hit)
Cancel any into fatal blow.

1 bar 0 kameo
(Starter) ~bf1(ex), 3~fatal blow

I've only worked on scorpion kameo so far but he's a favorite right? The video is a quick demo since the combos are practically all the same.

Scorpion kameo, 1 bar.
(Starter)~bf1(ex), (small step fwd) 43~db3 + uk, db2, fwd dash, db2, fatal blow.

124~bf1(ex), 3~db3+uk, db2, db2, fatal blow

The 124 starters gave me a hard time but it's do-able. Might have to play around with walks and dashes to land everything.

Last edited:

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor

Syzoth

I hate that Li Mei doesn't get her gaps, whiffing issues, or just general adjustments in these patches.