What's new

Let's Talk About the Future Soundtrack

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Stepping back from all the gameplay, character, and community prediction threads, I'd like to discuss about how we all feel about the recent OSTs released by NRS in their past two games as well as what we'd like MKX's soundtrack sound like.

Personally, I like my games with a badass soundtrack. There's no better feeling when playing a game that has a soundtrack that compliments it gameplay so well you sit back and go "Fuck".

There's no worse feeling when you can only remember a couple of tracks, if any at all, from a soundtrack. Out of Injustice and MK9 combined, the only tracks I can remember are Rooftop Day and The Tower. Both of those tracks are from MK9. I can't remember a single one from Injustice. Literal snoozefests. These two games both have this type of orchestral-movie type music that puts me straight to sleep.

MK9 and Injustice Soundtracks:

Can MKX step away from this sound direction? I can't even begin to start to list all the great tracks from NRS's previous games. They can create some great soundtracks. What's going on here? It's Mortal Kombat for crying out loud. I want my grundge, techno, hardcore, and badass tracks back. Thoughts?

If you do like these soundtracks, let me know why.

McNasty

Moist.
when I think of MK sound its got massive drums/percussion, creepy squeels, and triumphant horns give it some modern low end bass and keep it simple and badass like they always have and it should rock!

Error

DF2+R2
Browsing through the tube I found this, it's actually a pretty sick idea combining slam with MK music.

LemyAddum

༄འ༌ཨ༌ཤ༌ས༌མ༌ཧ༎
There was something about Mk4's and MKM:SZ music, dark and mysterious oriental mysticism.

I ain't too keen on all the orchestrated stuff.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I'm not too familiar with MK's OSTs but I like the ambient sounds set for the stages in MK9.