What's new

Legacy Season II Impressions

Espio

Kokomo
I generally liked it and the fact that they made little quotes and references to the game with some characters.

Stryker, Mileena, Kenshi and Liu Kang <3.

Liu Kang that's actually interesting? It was nice to see him in a different role. The series did something awesome to actually make Mileena believable, her Tarkatan features aren't always apparent which I thought was brilliant and they got her personality down nicely.

Cage was super lame though, I miss the other one ;__;.

It was meh for me. I enjoyed the hell out of it though, I just had higher expectations.

One thing they did perfect though is Kenshi, seriously apart from Shang not making him blind they made him amazing. His character was spot on

Also why the fuck didn't they use Matt Mullins for Cage, and the old actors for Stryker and Raiden? I felt like they fit the roles better then the s2 ones.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Cage was hella lame but lbsh, he had some classic lines.

"Fuck that!"
"That's for the glasses bitch!"

But in general, it was....OK. Even tho the first one was much better, I actually enjoyed this season and the ending makes me hype for season three.

Kenshi DEFINITELY stole the show tho with Kang right behind him.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Honestly I loved the hell out of season 2. Yes I had my issues, but overall it delivered (IMO) and tied into season 1 wonderfully.

Cons:
  1. Subzero's costume
  2. Why was Kenshi a 1199 Ronin? Is he an immortal now?
  3. No backstory for Stryker.
  4. The swearing was a bit much.
  5. Need more Raiden
  6. Need more Shang Tsung
  7. Not enough...I just wanted more...of everything. Ending on a cliff hanger was kind of a dick move.
Pros:
  1. I loved how Sub and Scorp's story tied together with season 1, and how they brought in Kuai, but the fight scene was not enough...regardless of the Fatality. And though both Sub's are dead now, it is an interesting premise that begs the question of where they go now.
  2. The Liu Kang / Kung Lao relationship was great, and very different from what we've seen. I like Liu as a bad guy, and Kung as the strict and rigid leader of the White Lotus.
  3. Kenshi was awesome!; though I couldn't NOT see the Power Ranger who played him. And the way they tied Ermac into his story was great...though I sort of saw it coming. Ermac, though not red, was cool IMO.
  4. Kitana being conflicted and thus turning on the bad guys, though accurate and predictable since it was canon to the OG story, was great to finally see acted out. The Fatality was great!
  5. Johnny Cage made me laugh multiple times, even though Johnny Rico is to old to play Cage IMO. Him being a pussy kind of fit...LOL!
  6. Shang convincing Liu to switch sides, even though it was just a conversation, was epic in my opinion. Him relating to Liu, and being able to actually see/feel what Shang was saying through Liu's perspective was a high point for me.
Like I said up front, MKL2 was great. Can't wait for an actual movie, or just season 3.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't know why you guys are liking Liu "Cage #2" Kang. He's a fucking monk. Earthrealm's champion. Why make him go all Max Payne/Chris Redfield/every other Cliché'd veteran?

And IMO Season 1 had much better fight scenes. CGI was better there too. I guess I just expected too much. Nothing will ever beat the Cyrax/sektor vs Hydra fight in Season 1.

Big Frog

Noob
Didn't really enjoy it, but my only real complaint is what they did with Ermac. I was really excited to see him get some attention.

Ermac is my all time fav char, and they dropped the ball IMO. It felt too much like they were trying to be like the original MK movie with Scorpion and his Lair. I don't like his outfit and that you see his whole face. And what's up with the Reptile-ish/Scorpion spear snake thing coming out of his hands? The gravity choke thing was cool, but at least give me a better fucking slam!! I wanted to see Kenshi really get slammed hard into the ground.

Justice

Noob
I liked it. The only real problem I had with it was the absolutely moronic finish to the Kitana/Mileena fight. Like seriously, if someone is standing on your fingers, you're not gonna cut the foot off at the ankle with your steel fan?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
there is only two bad things about this, which are:
Way to bloody short
Fillers covering time to broadcast what is actually happening.

The fight scenes were good, effects were also good, stop whining like you could have done better about it...

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Raidens episode in legacy season 1 was really an amazing video, season 2 didn't have anything that compared to that. However I do like what they have done, and unless their budget increased 100-fold, they did the best possible live action MK they could have done.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
If the series does not expressly feature the MK2 cast and cameo the UMK3 cast - it's not a real MK series.

I liked the younger Shang. Unpopular opinion. I know.
No Kano.
No Jax.
No Sonya.
Stryker recast was shit.
Johnny Cage recast was shit.
Where's Cyrax?
Where's Smoke?
Where's Noob?
Goro?
Reptile?
Baraka?
Angsty, shitty Liu Kang. Proof that no matter how great a performance you put on, you can't out act a shitty script. This isn't the 90s anymore. Grimdark is bullshit. Your fiance got merked. Big fucking deal. Suck it up, pussy.

There's more I took issue with, but fuck it.

zaf

professor
I like the new ermac. It is definitely a change from his norm, where he is a combination of all of edenia's souls. How he is a demon that guards a sword in stone is pretty bad ass. He is set up like a trap for some people by shao kahn for easy souls I can imagine. With this new ermac, the costume is fitting I find. It would not make sense for a ninja or ninja costume wearing warrior to guard a sword in a cave. A more demonic / putrid costume like the one used is very fitting.

But like I said in a status earlier today, just like MK9.... Kenshi beats ermac lol...

I love the shang tsung monologue. It was done perfectly. Shang trying to connect with Liu kang to get him to side with them was a really different take on the MK world. It kind of reminds me of the movie Equilibrium with Christian Bale. In the sense that Sean Bean is Shang and Liu kang is Christian bale. Early in the beginning Christian Bale was all about order and just following what you were told for that was the "perfect ideal"... But after a tragedy Liu and christian bale both started to doubt the ideal system and do what they felt they needed to. It kind of feels like an emotion vs logistic debate. Where we can definitely live a logical way of life with a lack of emotion, but having emotions is what makes us human.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i like how kenshi owned ermac with shoulder charge, but was disappointed about johnny cage being a pussy and didn't even f3 him ONCE!!! also the best actor was lui kang by far, kenshi second, everyone else beside shang was meh.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I just want to know why they killed off both Sub-Zeros... bugs the shit out of me.
I was thinking that too. Why does Sub-Zero ALWAYS die? In all of the promos and trailers for MK9 too.

Scorpion too popular, I guess.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
was pretty damn awesome to see the host of Iron Chef America as Kung lao.

They hire Mark Dacascos and they don't even bother to give him a fucking fight scene?

That was some bullshit.

I guess at least we got to see him do katas.