What's new

Launcher, followed by F22

Flagg

Noob
First of all, apologies if this is nothing new, and something that's already been uncovered by Pig, Glue or Altair.

I really need to get a camera to record this, but i'll explain it as best I can.

While in the lab, I was playing around thinking..."what else can this character do after a 211+2 or B31 launcher". Most people will follow up with his F14 or U4 into a bomb or a slide. Now the problem with U4 is if you miss, it takes you a while to recover, plus you've just dropped a potentially big combo. Sometimes a slide cancelled off the U4 can miss as well. The F14 is risky because if you miss, you will be punished hard, and if you do this in the corner, even if you connect the F14, the recovery is so slow that you can be punished, even on hit!

So I thought in a attempt to think outside the box, what else can he do.

Well, 211+2 dash, F22 seems to open up so many possibilities.

That alone will do about 18% but it's what you can do after, that matters.

For instance, you could extend the combo:

211+2, dash, F22, B22, Slide: 34%
This is fairly easy as you don't even have to dash after the F22.

211+2, dash, F22, half dash, F221: 27%
With this, you could add a slide on the end for 34%, or you could cancel the F221 into a medium bomb which will appear right underneath your opponent as they are getting up.

211+2, dash, F22, F22: 24%
What's particularly good about this, is by the time the second F22 hits, they are so close to the ground, that you dash after the last hit, you are right on top of them, and can keep piling on the pressure or bait a wake up. Better still, if you cancel a close bomb after the last hit, the both of you are standing right on top of the bomb. Now im not sure if they can tech roll yet (I would assume they would), but you could even add a slide after for 34% or a bomb to anticipate a tech roll followed by an attack. I'm particularly fond of this and i'm going to try this out on ranked or some friends and see how viable it is.

211+2, dash, F22, half dash, 111, slide: 30%
Considering this can be tricky combo, the last 1 can miss and it does less damage and gives you a few less options than the above stuff, this may not be worth thinking about, but it looks pretty nice none the less :p

Most of that works off of his B31 as well, and all the damage recorded, doesn't take into consideration a jp for extra 3% or if you do a 11 or 21 into ice first, then a combo.

With all these combos, timing is quite critical here. I was practising this on Smoke ( i always random select test dummies), so I have no idea what effect this might have on characters with different hitboxes.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
First of all, apologies if this is nothing new, and something that's already been uncovered by Pig, Glue or Altair.

I really need to get a camera to record this, but i'll explain it as best I can.

While in the lab, I was playing around thinking..."what else can this character do after a 211+2 or B31 launcher". Most people will follow up with his F14 or U4 into a bomb or a slide. Now the problem with U4 is if you miss, it takes you a while to recover, plus you've just dropped a potentially big combo. Sometimes a slide cancelled off the U4 can miss as well. The F14 is risky because if you miss, you will be punished hard, and if you do this in the corner, even if you connect the F14, the recovery is so slow that you can be punished, even on hit!

With this, you could add a slide on the end for 34%, or you could cancel the F221 into a medium bomb which will appear right underneath your opponent as they are getting up.

What's particularly good about this, is by the time the second F22 hits, they are so close to the ground, that you dash after the last hit, you are right on top of them, and can keep piling on the pressure or bait a wake up. Better still, if you cancel a close bomb after the last hit, the both of you are standing right on top of the bomb. Now im not sure if they can tech roll yet (I would assume they would), but you could even add a slide after for 34% or a bomb to anticipate a tech roll followed by an attack. I'm particularly fond of this and i'm going to try this out on ranked or some friends and see how viable it is.

Considering this can be tricky combo, the last 1 can miss and it does less damage and gives you a few less options than the above stuff, this may not be worth thinking about, but it looks pretty nice none the less :p

Most of that works off of his B31 as well, and all the damage recorded, doesn't take into consideration a jp for extra 3% or if you do a 11 or 21 into ice first, then a combo.

With all these combos, timing is quite critical here. I was practising this on Smoke ( i always random select test dummies), so I have no idea what effect this might have on characters with different hitboxes.
I did't try it yet, but usualy after b22 you can do ex freeze dash u4 canceled into mid bomb and then normal freeze for +8% if they try to jump or bomb catches them if they just block(you have time to block the wake up )

Ain't new. Thank you for playing though.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
What if (it's just a what if) you do this f22 after another launcher, because after 2,1,2+1 you can add another 2,1,2+1.
I am bored of my mostly used air kick, dive kick followup, and the U4 is too risky.
The double f22, and bomb seems to be a very good idea, what if you follow it with a 3,4? It can shut down a few wakeups.
Or if blocekd, the 2,1,2+1 is cool, since the bomb will hit and you can dash, 3,4 slide for another 31%.
Just theories, but you gave me the push i needed just now, thanks ^^

res0

Noob
i use this concept online, instead of u4 bomb i just do f221, slide, bomb, etc. it works well for me