What's new

Latest Mortal Kombat 11 'leak': tag mode, full roster, DLC and more

Gamer68

Fujin!
Not only does it piggyback off of recent leaks and tag-team has already been de-confirmed, but the roster makes no sense:
  • All parent characters are in except Jax? Really?
  • Why is Cyrax there but not Sektor? It's happened before but I don't think anyone was digging it.
  • D'Vorah is completely missing, even though she did a lot in the MKX story and is one of Ed's favorite new characters.
  • I really like Bo', but why would he along with Daegon be added over other 3D characters like Sareena, Reiko, Havik, etc. Or even Li Mei, which for some reason is DLC instead of base-game.
  • Literally Nimbus Terrafaux as one of the few DLC.
  • Speaking of DLC, I don't think that any DLC from NRS games has ever been leaked through a text post or anything like that, they have only leaked because people found their coding in the game or something. How does this guy know literally every detail about the game including the DLC line-up that is probably being kept very tight under wraps?
  • Also, if they are going to do popular klassic characters as DLC (Nightwolf, Ermac), then I think they would do Noob Saibot and/or Jade instead because those were voted as the most popular male and female characters on Ed Boon's Twitter. They usually try to get in a highly requested character as DLC to entice people into buying, so doing one of those would make sense.
  • Diederik is apparently Kano's son, but I'm pretty sure he already had a name which is Dominic. Maybe his new name is a code name or something, but Diederik is a real Dutch/Scandinavian name so I don't about that.
  • 33 characters? I don't think it's impossible because I do feel we will be getting more characters this time around, but I think 30 characters in the base game seems more likely.
  • Probably other things I'm not thinking about.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Oh yeah, another thing: He details the DLC and new modes and stuff, but no mention on anything about the Battle Passes?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
'Rumored' by whom? People with no actual connection to NRS? He's been in a few bullshit 'leaks', but there is no other reason to assume he's in the game. That's speculation, not rumors.
A lot of the leaks have been pretty legit so far. I believe a lot of it. And I'm referring to the very first bit of rumored info that came out shortly after INJ2's release. It mentioned Daegon being playable.

Look, I don't want him in the game, but when he's revealed people are going to be eating crow.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
A lot of the leaks have been pretty legit so far. I believe a lot of it. And I'm referring to the very first bit of rumored info that came out shortly after INJ2's release. It mentioned Daegon being playable.

Look, I don't want him in the game, but when he's revealed people are going to be eating crow.
None of the leaks have been pretty legit so far. I have a whole post about this, if you're interested! They've each had a few lucky educated guesses.

Daegon could be in this game, for sure, I'd just be surprised.

I think people underestimate how popular Bo' Rai Cho is, he's one of the best received 3d era characters. I definitely think he's more popular then Tanya.
For many, many years, BRC was one of the examples constantly held up as a reason why the 3D era was bad. It's certainly possible nostalgia has changed that assessment, but if so it's a relatively recent phenomenon.

Yeah. I pointed this on @ImperatrixSindel 's main leak thread too. She said it's a reach, but she really wants tag back, so she's biased :p
However, the only other reasons to explain that would be either because you can't have players control individual chars on the tag, which I find weird, but it's not impossible;
OR the "1-2 players" info is wrong either by mistake/default placeholder or on purpose to throw people off which is also unlikely, because every company should want the info to be representative of the final product to the customers.
I think 1-2 players is just the default notation for a fighting game, and it isn't something we should put a lot of stock in. I can't find a listing for MK9 to compare -- the MK9 listing in the PS3 Store doesn't give any player number notation at all.

Diederik is apparently Kano's son, but I'm pretty sure he already had a name which is Dominic. Maybe his new name is a code name or something, but Diederik is a real Dutch/Scandinavian name so I don't about that.
The name 'Dominic' just comes from another one of these alleged leaks. Kano's son hasn't been given a name in any official source, as he only exists (unnamed) in Kano's MKX ladder ending.

Last edited:

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Bo' Rai Cho is king!
Taking this "leak" in, others have mentioned that some of the information that we currently know makes this horseshit. That roster looked like a dream at first glance, but upon further analysis it falls down.

No D'Vorah. D'Vorah may not be the most popular of the new characters, but seems to me to be the most unique. D'Vorah skittered away at the end of MKX. She has to be stirring the pot in some way in the upcoming game.
Sonya, Johnny, and Cassie. With his current state at the end of MKX, it would make sense for him to sit this one out (with him coming back as Old Man Cage later in another game). Sonya and Kenshi being kidnapped sets up intrigue for a few chapters in the future story mode. I would expect one or both of them to sit this one out, do to being dead or some shit. The whole family being in feels weird.
Daegon. Daegon is a character that is hinged on taking out everyone in his family to be number one. It would make sense for some force, i.e. his brother, Taven, to be in to have the ability to stop him.
Tag Mode. Genuinely fabricated. Unless it is with only yourself, and no one else can couch co-op alongside.
Nimbus. :DOGE
Li Mei. She seems to be someone they would implement in the new game.
Other than that, the rest seems to piggyback off of other leaks. and that is my summation.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The name 'Dominic' just comes from another one of these alleged leaks. Kano's son hasn't been given a name in any official source, as he only exists (unnamed) in Kano's MKX ladder ending.
Ah, I thought that an NRS dev mentioned his name or something because a lot of people were saying it like it was fact.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
For many, many years, BRC was one of the examples constantly held up as a reason why the 3D era was bad. It's certainly possible nostalgia has changed that assessment, but if so it's a relatively recent phenomenon
I would call that a loud minority. He's been playable in every MK game (sans MK9) since Deadly Alliance and even made it into Puzzle Kombat.

I obviously mean in a post MKx tribog world. The borgs will forever be links from now on.. is what I am saying.
Nrs only did that as fan service DLC. That had no bearing on the lore or story. We cant talk about what they would and wouldn't do post mkx as we have no evidence as to their plans ahead. We can only go off previous titles at this particular time.

Daegon without Taven makes ZERO sense.

D'vora not in game but Ed's new favorite

No Havik, Nitara and Lei Mai as DLC

Tremor and Tanya deserve there stories to be flushed out more.

No mention of what the hell the Battlepass is
Daegon was awake several years before taven so..

Ed loves ferra/torr as well and they wont be in.

I agree on tremor and tanya but oh well.

I agree on havik.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Nrs only did that as fan service DLC. That had no bearing on the lore or story. We cant talk about what they would and wouldn't do post mkx as we have no evidence as to their plans ahead. We can only go off previous titles at this particular time.
sure we can. We know there will be a variation system, we know there will be a cosmetics system... we can assume from that with near certainty that there will only be one Borg, and you use those systems to turn it into one of the 4.... or it will not be in it at all.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Ah, I thought that an NRS dev mentioned his name or something because a lot of people were saying it like it was fact.
Nah, it's just from the first prominent 'leak', from about a year ago -- the one I called the Salina/Dominic Leak, because it named two alleged new characters: dream goddess Salina and Kano's son Dominic.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
sure we can. We know there will be a variation system, we know there will be a cosmetics system... we can assume from that with near certainty that there will only be one Borg, and you use those systems to turn it into one of the 4.... or it will not be in it at all.
I hope this doesn't happen, but I know there is a big possibility this will be the way the handle cyborgs from now on. I would rather have Cyrax, or whichever cyborg they choose (It should be Cyrax, he needz it), and have them expand their moves with the variations, and then we get the other cyborgs in other games or as DLC. Imagine the uproar there would be if NRS decided Chameleon and Khameleon were going to be in te roster replacing all ninjas because you can build the one you want though variations. I just feel it is a cheap move, but also think you might be right.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Lol

Knew this shit was fake the moment I read "Daegon"

fuckin hell dude get better bait next time.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Die Derek..
Derek Kirtzic confirmed!!!
Either that or Tyler got to name a character and he chose revenge for all those ass whoopings he received in the Kombat Kast and the Watchtower

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyrax. Kahn. Saibot.

I am going to spend this entire game's life cycle swinging my hammer from the shadows, and making the masses' lives trying to keep up a living, breathing, cybernetic hell.
And if he doesn't, well...more than one way to skin some cats.

Four more months.

Time to come home to roost and revolt.

#EatThePatriarchy
#AngelmanForPresident