What's new

Latest Ed Boon tweets might reveal future changes for Scorpion and possibly Batgirl

i think the fact that alot of people including myself arent use to the holding back to block system which is why people get caught in scorpions tele so much. yes people should be used to it by now but i for one will never like and never have liked holding back to block. im a spoiled gamer so holding the trigger is what im used to lol. and not only scorpion but alot of the other characters that have gotten unnescessary nerfs. i think for the people complaining about scorpions tele should practice on your blocking ans learning when to expect it.

it has severe problems. Lack of Anti-airs. Lack of real footsies. Abusable interactibles. Scorpion. Characters with severe problems that also have worse tools than most of the cast (Lobo, Bane).

It's still far better than MK9 in my opinion.
I agree and don't think this game will be looked at as a viable tourney game after 1 year. The balance issues are down right silly. The upper tiers are so brain dead and it's so easy to fix.
Everyone needs to be brought to about the GL, WW, GA, NW, DS, SIN, CW tier. The upper 6 need nerfs. The lower need buffs. MK suffered from severe balance issues, but it's neutral game was better than this and you had to think more than f23 breath.

Suggestions
Supes: Make Supes f2 high and his 3 on 223 faster. This creates more thinking using the character and gives him an unused mix up bc f23 breath is so brain dead. If you are thinking while using Supes you're playing him wrong.
Adam: Make BA's dive kick punishable on block unless MBed... we'll start from there.
Aqua: reduce chip on trident rush again and add 2.5 secs to trait cool down. The last patch just changed it by .5 secs.
Batgirl: Make her b2d3 way less advantageous... + 30 is stupid. + 6 maybe
Frost: make forward 3 slower
Bats: Batman is too safe... his dashing is too good, top 3 trait, 2 hit projectile (MB plus infinity), too good.

These characters don't require much thinking and are the best characters in the game.

Also, think about the offline community as well, who will continue to support this game when the rest move on to the next big game, and not just patch towards "balancing" for online.

jaym7018

Noob
Bit of an extreme comparison don't you think.

No i dont. Its crystal clear they ported a character from another game with no regard to how this game plays then just tacked on injustice things like ground bounce overheads a wall bounce b3 and a trait.

No i dont. Its crystal clear they ported a character from another game with no regard to how this game plays then just tacked on injustice things like ground bounce overheads a wall bounce b3 and a trait.
First of all SFxT is a tag game and SSFIV is one on one fighting game. Second the gameplay in my opinion feels more tuned with MK then SFxT compared to SSFIV. The combo system alone in SFxT would be an even more of an extreme if a character was directly ported from that game into SSFIV. SFxT is a lot more different than SSFIV then we would like to think.

Even throws work differently in SFxT compared to SSFIV AE.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I don't know why people are complaining. I use Scorpion and I find it easy to not get his with his teleport, just teleports when he teleports. What he does need are buffs. You should make all of his moves meter burnable, and give him a shoryuken that has armor. So you can't smack him out of his wake up. Maybe then will he be viable.

Aslo, a Hadouken that pushes you back would be nice.

jaym7018

Noob
First of all SFxT is a tag game and SSFIV is one on one fighting game. Second the gameplay in my opinion feels more tuned with MK then SFxT compared to SSFIV. The combo system alone in SFxT would be an even more of an extreme if a character was directly ported from that game into SSFIV. SFxT is a lot more different than SSFIV then we would like to think.

I realize all of that. And thats my point. Its like putting law in sf4 and all of a sudden ws have a character who can ground bounce and wall bounce into combos all while having the much easier advantage of more generous links and target combos. Same things with scorpion recovery frames that are all air born cross up teoeports unblockable projectile all in a game with terrible movement terrible anti airs and back to block.

August

yssalc sa lleh

I think the original point was that porting a character from one game to another without regards to the differences in their systems and general feel is disastrous. For example, Hsien-Ko was pretty good in the Darkstalkers series. In MvC3, she's absolutely dreadful, even though her moveset is intact. In DS, she's pretty mobile. In MvC3, her movement speed is glacial. She feels out of place with the rest of the cast, as does Scorpion in this game (beside the obvious reason of different universes).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This entire week the main topic on TYM was Scorpion's teleport, and no one talked about anything else, i'm tyred of this and i'm getting out.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't know why people are complaining. I use Scorpion and I find it easy to not get his with his teleport, just teleports when he teleports. What he does need are buffs. You should make all of his moves meter burnable, and give him a shoryuken that has armor. So you can't smack him out of his wake up. Maybe then will he be viable.

Aslo, a Hadouken that pushes you back would be nice.
Lol!! This is the best post in the thread.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Looks like the NRS crew is planning on some changes soon regarding the two latest DLC characters. Could it be a nerf to MB Teleport? Could it be that everyone else in the cast gets buffed?

Either way, it looks like NRS has noticed the dominance of Scorpion in particular in some matchups.

Lets see what these changes will be and more importantly when they will come.... before EVO? Before CEO?
The character has only been available for those who have the season pass and ALREADY changes re gonna be made.....

You know what, fuck it. Not gonna bother,

*walks away*

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
His teleport is fine. I found out Bane's jd3 makes his teleport whiff on wakeup and leads to a full combo if they don't use meter. I'm sure Doomsday and a few other characters are like that as well.

He's very meter intensive. So much so that he can't even clash if you get him low enough.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Ok let me get this straight. This guy goes on boon's twitter to complain that you can't duck the teleport like in MK9 when in this game ducking it blocks it... da fuck?

I realize all of that. And thats my point. Its like putting law in sf4 and all of a sudden ws have a character who can ground bounce and wall bounce into combos all while having the much easier advantage of more generous links and target combos. Same things with scorpion recovery frames that are all air born cross up teoeports unblockable projectile all in a game with terrible movement terrible anti airs and back to block.
That's why theres dashing in the game and jumping towards also gets around his unblockable projectile. Also like in most fighting games different characters have different movement and the same thing applies to ant airs. Remember Cody in SSFIV AE one of the main complaints Cody players have is he lacks a good ant air.

I think the original point was that porting a character from one game to another without regards to the differences in their systems and general feel is disastrous. For example, Hsien-Ko was pretty good in the Darkstalkers series. In MvC3, she's absolutely dreadful, even though her moveset is intact. In DS, she's pretty mobile. In MvC3, her movement speed is glacial. She feels out of place with the rest of the cast, as does Scorpion in this game (beside the obvious reason of different universes).
She might be dreadful but even then shes still not the worst character in UMvC3 just ask Ghost Rider.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
I swear to fucking god half the people that are complaining right now were bitching about Scorpion in another thread...when they say they may tweak him, you freak out over a patch...

Can we please stop being a joke of a community?
its gonna take years for that to happen. you gotta remember, this is still mostly an MK community and generally of the competitive MK players, they haven't been playing fighting games competitively for very long. they haven't had to deal with a decade of marvel 2 and 3rd strike...or 20 years of O.Sagat low fireballs. we're in an era where these things change on a whim the moment a large enough group of people who aren't capable of really trying to figure things out speak loudly. it upsets me too. i love NRS games but i will always look at them and this community as being second rate to the greater fighting game communities of capcom and namco. we just don't have enough experienced people here. its mostly a lot of immature kids trying to be big time when they can't handle big time yet. Harsh reality i know...i have to live with it too. i wish i could just be good at street fighter the way i am with mk9/igau so that i could just play the damn games with a smart and competitive community of people and not have to worry about how the game is changing every two weeks because a bunch of crybabies grew up not having to overcome obstacles and challenges in life.