What's new

Late Night Thoughts

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Ever spend the night just thinking about stuff? What it takes to be happy, self worth vs social worth, why can't cleaning tools be sexy, what if you're actually an old man who has been in a coma all his life and the life you have now was imagined to avoid the pain, and all in between.

I think about these some times. Do you? If so, why not talk about it here? I think it'd be nice to talk about these sort of questions that keep us up at night, whether they be hella serious or silly.

For instance, I'm thinking about dreams and how they might not be good or healthy for you. I don't know, I never have an answer by time I sleep >_>

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
For instance, I'm thinking about dreams and how they might not be good or healthy for you. I don't know, I never have an answer by time I sleep >_>
Because they happen during REM sleep and REM sleep is good for you, yes.

But on a philosophical level, I think they are, but it depends on what your dreams are usually like. They can make you feel warm and optimistic when you wake up, but they can also make you feel anxious or paranoid.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I actually think about stuff like that sometimes. We can never know for sure what reality is.
Exactly, in fact that's one of my greatest fears.

Because they happen during REM sleep and REM sleep is good for you, yes.

But on a philosophical level, I think they are, but it depends on what your dreams are usually like. They can make you feel warm and optimistic when you wake up, but they can also make you feel anxious or paranoid.
I was thinking more dreams for the future and stuff. If it's self dangering to chase a dream or if it's worth it to keep going for something you want. And also gauging what that worth is. If you find it's not worth it, you've ruined or at least lost so much of your life chasing soemthing empty.

Not a lot of people can say that they are who they wanted to be when they were kids or at least are on the path towards it (At least not the people I've talked to and I'm also not talking about dreams of becoming a power ranger or something >_>) So I wonder if chasing after it would be dangerous for you

Is there ever a true "beginning of time"? I think of it along the lines of this:

Beginning-------|-------Gap-------|-------Present, 2013

But what was there before the "beginning"? How could have time just "started"? I'm thinking like this:

--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------Beginning--------|--------|--------|-------Gap-------|-------Present, 2013

See that backwards: Play time in reverse. Sure there is that "beginning", but what was before that? Just nothing, then time began out of the void?

Thoughts and concepts like that amuse me.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Sometimes I wonder if I died and this is a type of afterlife. Like what if death is never known to the person that dies. Its an endless loop of different realities.

Yep I'm high.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I was thinking more dreams for the future and stuff. If it's self dangering to chase a dream or if it's worth it to keep going for something you want. And also gauging what that worth is. If you find it's not worth it, you've ruined or at least lost so much of your life chasing soemthing empty.

Not a lot of people can say that they are who they wanted to be when they were kids or at least are on the path towards it (At least not the people I've talked to and I'm also not talking about dreams of becoming a power ranger or something >_>) So I wonder if chasing after it would be dangerous for you
Oh lol I misunderstood what you were saying. It's a good thing. Goal-oriented behavior is very good for achieving success all around, but only when you have high a enough sense of self-efficacy.

I wouldn't say chasing a dream is worthless if things don't pan out. It can be dangerous though. There are millions of people who want to be a famous actor, musician, or athlete, but most of these people do not make it and can end up broke. So while it is dangerous, you have to accept the risk. If you can't, the dream isn't worth it.

See that backwards: Play time in reverse. Sure there is that "beginning", but what was before that? Just nothing, then time began out of the void?
Well that's where ideas of the big bang and stuff come in. Before our universe came into existence, whatever you could say contained what would become our universe would not be bound to the rules of our universe. Therefore time may only be a rule of our universe, or the answer to your question may be something we cannot comprehend.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
I hate being left alone with my mind, because my brain hates me. And puts me in stupid scenarios where I end up arguing with a made up person about cheese for 2 hours.

I think about how people take life for granted every day, sometimes when i'm doing something I think to myself that I can enjoy doing this for as long as I live, and how it makes me happy. I'm just happy to be alive. :)