What's new

Lao'S Jumps

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I mean if they're doing huge punishable jump ins from Max range that you can antiair anyway.

If they read it you guna eat that divekick
You can snipe that divekick out of a backdash this is why I said "try it".
Jumping up and divekicking is like twice the frames it takes for you to backdash and block.
You're not going to do it on reaction right away but it's worth practicing because it's hilarious and it works every time once you get the timing down. Lao jumping around like a tard and gets rolled on.

Fun fact, you can literally backdash out of teleport shenanigans as well except for the horizontal air roll thing but that does chip at best

Wigy

There it is...
You can snipe that divekick out of a backdash this is why I said "try it".
Jumping up and divekicking is like twice the frames it takes for you to backdash and block.
You're not going to do it on reaction right away but it's worth practicing because it's hilarious and it works every time once you get the timing down. Lao jumping around like a tard and gets rolled on.

Fun fact, you can literally backdash out of teleport shenanigans as well except for the horizontal air roll thing but that does chip at best
By the time you react to a jump he's already in the air, his j2 starts up in 6f and has very good range.

His jk is also good and he can whiff those into dk.

Backdashing a close jump on reaction is not going to go well. Unless you're somehow playing Catwoman lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
By the time you react to a jump he's already in the air, his j2 starts up in 6f and has very good range.

His jk is also good and he can whiff those into dk.

Backdashing a close jump on reaction is not going to go well. Unless you're somehow playing Catwoman lol.
True, wasn't talking about a close jump. I'm blessed that Jade's d2 handles that range.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
you don't anti air it... you block, that's how. If Lao is close to you and tries to crossup or neutral jumps to close to you then you can smash him with D2 options. However, if you're talking a full screen, mid screen jumping Lao.... you don't punish it, his Dive kick is likely to eat you for lunch if you try to anti air in those ranges

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Idk, maybe you can air to air those medium jump-ins don't let him gain dominance in the air anyway. Let him jump like a clown when full screen, just let him come to you.