What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao Recap w/ Maximilian, "Lao's variants may be the biggest in the game" according to Boon

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
F U Cunt Lao

Words can't express how much i HATE this jerk ..and now with the new moves and 3 variations its just great...as if he wasnt OP enough

Thanks alot netherrealm for putting him and kano..the 2 most annoying bastards in the game again...who's next ? Noob? Kabal? very dissapointing character reveals lately -____________-not even looking forward anymore to the others

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Max was one of the first people to actually play MKX.
And one of the last to play MK9 :|
Oh and don't forget that while he was one of the first to play Smash 4 he was COMPLETELY off base with it too.

He's clickbait these days. I fully expect old Capcom titles, KI, Ultra SF4 and SF5 to get almost all his coverage time over this on his channel. I've stated more than once my mixed feeling on Max these days. He's pushing quantity over quality these days. He only supports the series he personally grew up on and is a fan of...the rest becomes quick casual matches for him and that's about as much as he'll care...just something to fill his time and get him clicks until something Capcom comes out.

Last edited:

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
Oh and don't forget that while he was one of the first to play Smash 4 he was COMPLETELY off base with it too.

He's clickbait these days. I fully expect old Capcom titles, KI, Ultra SF4 and SF5 to get almost all his coverage time over this on his channel. I've stated more than once my mixed feeling on Max these days. He's pushing quantity over quality these days. He only supports the series he personally grew up on and is a fan of...the rest becomes quick casual matches for him and that's about as much as he'll care...just something to fill his time and get him clicks until something Capcom comes out.

Wait, are you saying he's clickbait because he doesn't play EVERY fighting game at a high level on his channel, or because he plays the games HE likes on HIS channel?... how dare he not play the games you like, over the ones he likes :DOGE.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Whatever all i said is theyre the 2 most annoying in MK, thats MY opinion
He might not be OP again (wich i doubt) but he sure as hell will be annoying again, cause he always was
Shoulda just stayed dead
I hated Kano too but then I learn how to punish upball on block....

shaowebb

Wait, are you saying he's clickbait because he doesn't play EVERY fighting game at a high level on his channel, or because he plays the games HE likes on HIS channel?... how dare he not play the games you like, over the ones he likes :DOGE.
No I'm saying he's clickbait because he will make vids just to repost whatever news someone here or on Neogaf breaks . Also I'm saying he's clickbait because if it isn't a Capcom fighter (or KI) and he covers it he still tries to act like he knows whats up and people take his word for it but he isn't an expert on many of the games he's tried to act like he was. Just watch his Project M stuff and his vids on Smash 4 prelaunch. Tried to talk frames and claim Bayonetta was supposed to be in due to poses Zero Suit uses that PREDATE Bayonetta 1 ever being made.

He also used to be on top of whatever glitches were found and tourney drama that was up back during Marvel...he really didn't seem to know any of that stuff or come up with it or cover it outside of that game. He really just stopped creating new content with primers altogether for games other than Marvel and just filmed himself hanging out trying to be funny...except without the Doom character to be the funny guy he doesn't really have the same magic.

Thats why he's clickbait. He can't get enough hits just playing what he likes to make a living anymore and he doesn't put the same effort into real tutorials and information to level his community like he used to either... so he just reposts stuff from forums as vids and plays everything and puts on a front of knowledge thats supposed to carry over due to his capcom fundamentals to fake being credible on games where such fundamentals don't apply. I still can't fathom why he's gonna cover Guilty Gear and not Blaz Blue or Skullgirls.

I supported him in the beginning...but I don't support his quantity over quality thing now. He got famous for being really informative and for leveling the community in a fun manner. Now he's just a repost of a repost and half informed opinions on fighters that aren't made by Capcom.

Last edited:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Good shit...
I like Max, he frequently says he is not an expert and is just a dude who likes and plays fighting games and really either way over the last 6 months his top 3 viewed vids are MKX one with over 1 million... so of course he is going to cover the shit out of this game which whatever you think of him means more eyes on the game...
More word of mouth more of other communities stumbling across something cool more $ for NRS...more support and dlc... So its all good in my view...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
How do you know he will be "OP" in this brand new game? Jin was beyond OP in Tekken 4, and then mid tier at best in Tekken 5. That's one of a hundred examples. It's impossible to know who will be good and who won't be at this stage.

Also, I'm sure you'll be the ecstatic if a character you want to play is revealed, posting about how "you can't wait to get your hands on your new main" so please.

That Kung Lao.
To be fair, Kung Lao has never been bad in any game he's been in.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To be fair, Kung Lao has never been bad in any game he's been in.
Some characters are really hard to be "bad" based on their design. Kung Lao, Kabal, and HSmoke for instance are characters that may never be "low tier" unless they are intentionally made to be.

orochiDragon

No I'm saying he's clickbait because he will make vids just to repost whatever news someone here or on Neogaf breaks . Also I'm saying he's clickbait because if it isn't a Capcom fighter (or KI) and he covers it he still tries to act like he knows whats up and people take his word for it but he isn't an expert on many of the games he's tried to act like he was. Just watch his Project M stuff and his vids on Smash 4 prelaunch. Tried to talk frames and claim Bayonetta was supposed to be in due to poses Zero Suit uses that PREDATE Bayonetta 1 ever being made.

He also used to be on top of whatever glitches were found and tourney drama that was up back during Marvel...he really didn't seem to know any of that stuff or come up with it or cover it outside of that game. He really just stopped creating new content with primers altogether for games other than Marvel and just filmed himself hanging out trying to be funny...except without the Doom character to be the funny guy he doesn't really have the same magic.

Thats why he's clickbait. He can't get enough hits just playing what he likes to make a living anymore and he doesn't put the same effort into real tutorials and information to level his community like he used to either... so he just reposts stuff from forums as vids and plays everything and puts on a front of knowledge thats supposed to carry over due to his capcom fundamentals to fake being credible on games where such fundamentals don't apply. I still can't fathom why he's gonna cover Guilty Gear and not Blaz Blue or Skullgirls.

I supported him in the beginning...but I don't support his quantity over quality thing now. He got famous for being really informative and for leveling the community in a fun manner. Now he's just a repost of a repost and half informed opinions on fighters that aren't made by Capcom.

If everyone at your place of employment asked you to take a pay cut simply because they like it, would you? ( fuck no) The man has to eat. He covers fighting games period, because he loves them. Yes he has to do what gets views, so he tries to cover everything while still playing his main game (marvel). You should link me to your super awesome YouTube channel that gets tons of views, never changes the quality, covers every game at a high level, and never gets old. Bro, if you want high level NRS games, find them. Stop complaining and do better than him with your channel ( or at least watch someone else that has what you like). Not talking shit, just saying.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

He's doing assist me for Smash Bros, everything MKX has been covered on his channel, and he tries his hardest to bring NEW people into games. Even if he doesnt have masterful knowledge at all games, he knows fighting games fundamentally enough to explain whats going on to New players. U gotta think, not all people visit sites like TYM, reddit, srk or neogaf.. so YouTube is the only source of news for them. dont be upset because he posts up news with his opinion on it.

shaowebb

If everyone at your place of employment asked you to take a pay cut simply because they like it, would you? ( fuck no) The man has to eat. He covers fighting games period, because he loves them. Yes he has to do what gets views, so he tries to cover everything while still playing his main game (marvel). You should link me to your super awesome YouTube channel that gets tons of views, never changes the quality, covers every game at a high level, and never gets old. Bro, if you want high level NRS games, find them. Stop complaining and do better than him with your channel ( or at least watch someone else that has what you like). Not talking shit, just saying.
Adding "just saying" doesn't exactly not make that shit talking. :/
It kind of reminds me of the old Kurt Angle "where are your gold medals?" comeback...if you taste a mediocre pizza from a place you used to enjoy you don't need to be a world class chef to say its not as good as it used to be.
that aside though I'll explain again what it is that sticks out to me about max's channel that made me stop following.

It just really bothered me that he came close to hurting Smash Bros before it released with some of the false things he said because he really didn't understand the fundamentals of that game. I also don't like how he's down on anime fighters. I respect he has to eat, but he definitely isn't making the same kind of vids he used to and he definitely has covered things in the past for hits, tried to sound informed, and been completely off base to those tuning in. I can feel this way and not have to out do him for saying it. He doesn't post the same kind of breakdowns he used to. It just is what it is. He plays certain things. He covers certain things. He only posts deep stuff on very certain things and occassionally he has been very wrong on things that he wasn't into but was covering anyway for hits. That last part anyone can see me not having to respect.

If its capcom or KI I'll trust him implicitly. Outside of that I know it is what it is...clickbait to stay afloat. Its just business to cover hot products for clicks and its the business he now has to be a part of.

I will say this though and feel free to fire away at me for this. I think he needs to drop that one friend of his from the channel who does the Iwata impression. The Iwata impressions and his other impressions are funny, but when he's allowed to speak out of character and just be himself he comes across as a real skeeze to me. Everything is like a Beavis and Butthead "boobs" or nyur hur hur moment or something that reminds me of a whiny desktop developer saying something is worse than it is because the version he imagined is better.

Like what you want, but there are many reasons I stopped following the channel.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If everyone at your place of employment asked you to take a pay cut simply because they like it, would you? ( fuck no) The man has to eat.
He probably has a job. You can run a youtube channel and hold a decent part(or full) time job. This excuse doesnt make any sense, if he wants to increase his viewers he is probably doing so out of desire, not necessity.

shaowebb

He probably has a job. You can run a youtube channel and hold a decent part(or full) time job. This excuse doesnt make any sense, if he wants to increase his viewers he is probably doing so out of desire, not necessity.
I actually think orochidragon may be right though...I recall him mentioning doing this full time now. He does in fact have to eat and if I am remembering correctly that this is his job now he has a very valid point. I do respect he has to eat and as such he needs to cover everything...he just needs to be more careful than he was with Smash at E3 is all or it hurts his reputation and potentially the rep of other games.

To be fair I haven't heard of him being severely off base since then except with his take on Zelda (which he admits is NOT his forte or his normal style of games). My opinion of the other guy stands though. I think he could lead to drama like with Smash (because he was a big part of that) and I think he may eventually say something too offensive to slide.

shaowebb

... we've derailed hard. Lets go ahead and save Max opinions for some other thread though. Go ahead and debate Kung Lao's style variants. We are each allowed to prefer whatever channels we want for this game and thats not the point of this thread.

Lets get back to Kung Lao.

Last edited:

orochiDragon

Adding "just saying" doesn't exactly not make that shit talking. :/
It kind of reminds me of the old Kurt Angle "where are your gold medals?" comeback...if you taste a mediocre pizza from a place you used to enjoy you don't need to be a world class chef to say its not as good as it used to be.
that aside though I'll explain again what it is that sticks out to me about max's channel that made me stop following.

It just really bothered me that he came close to hurting Smash Bros before it released with some of the false things he said because he really didn't understand the fundamentals of that game. I also don't like how he's down on anime fighters. I respect he has to eat, but he definitely isn't making the same kind of vids he used to and he definitely has covered things in the past for hits, tried to sound informed, and been completely off base to those tuning in. I can feel this way and not have to out do him for saying it. He doesn't post the same kind of breakdowns he used to. It just is what it is. He plays certain things. He covers certain things. He only posts deep stuff on very certain things and occassionally he has been very wrong on things that he wasn't into but was covering anyway for hits. That last part anyone can see me not having to respect.

If its capcom or KI I'll trust him implicitly. Outside of that I know it is what it is...clickbait to stay afloat. Its just business to cover hot products for clicks and its the business he now has to be a part of.

I will say this though and feel free to fire away at me for this. I think he needs to drop that one friend of his from the channel who does the Iwata impression. The Iwata impressions and his other impressions are funny, but when he's allowed to speak out of character and just be himself he comes across as a real skeeze to me. Everything is like a Beavis and Butthead "boobs" or nyur hur hur moment or something that reminds me of a whiny desktop developer saying something is worse than it is because the version he imagined is better.

Like what you want, but there are many reasons I stopped following the channel.

Before we put this train back on the rails, I completely agree with most of what you said. I don't really watch him for the most of the stuff you mentioned. I hate when people spread misinformation about games they really don't play, so I agree he should not cover it if it might damage the scene. Much respect for actually giving well thought out points during our little debate ( too many dude bros online I guess lol)

More to the point, I think the tempest version is going to be murder. You know they won't make him bad, but even if they nerf him the hat "shield" is gonna be hell.

trufenix

bye felicia
I love that "willingness to play mk9" is the barometer for whose allowed to be hype about mkx. If more PLs and REOs and CDjrs and Tom Bradys and Pigs and Bits and whoever else professionally pumped up our game the way "outsiders" like Max and Sabin do, people wouldn't flock to them so much. But no, all our guys are two busy beefing on twitter, whining about nerfs, and complaining about being slandered by either the devs other players TOs or both.

So, he should fully support everything, but also only put out quality content at what you deem a reasonable frequency? He should also play games with shitty online or that he doesn't like just to keep up his fgc cred? Jesus, have you been to youtube or twitch in the past two years? Quality control is gone. Max is just the most successful player in a broken game.

shaowebb

I'm really imagining the potential of Hat Trick the most, but yeah hat "shield" holds a lot of interest for me. I wanna see how well it does. I just keep thinking of the stunts you can do with a hat you can recall at any time to either interrupt momentum, setup mixups, or to extend combos. Man does that ever sound like a pressure cooker to face. I've faced a similar returning projectile mechanic in several games and it was a pain to handle. Reaaaaaaally ruined jump ins.