What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao Meterburn Glitch Solution

They don't have any say, the refs do. Thats the entire reason for the refs to be there, so the other player doesnt have to make a decision.
I agree, but the way I read the OP was that it was suggesting something similar to the way accidental pauses are frequently handled (the DQ being left up to the player), and I was attempting to point out why that doesn't work as well in practice as it sounds.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
You must have no clue about Kung Lao then. His wakeup tele is super punishable and doesnt really have many uses, his best wakeup is spin by far. The real problem is hat toss because that would be a viable option from fullscreen but you can't let people get a free bar of meter everytime they get knocked fullscreen.
Obviously wakeup spin is better than teleport, but I can already think of ways to abuse Kung Lao with the characters I play if the only option he has on wakeup is spin.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Obviously wakeup spin is better than teleport, but I can already think of ways to abuse Kung Lao with the characters I play if the only option he has on wakeup is spin.
He can also backdash or block like everyone else in the cast.

Plus he can still EX tele IIRC, because it doesnt give him a free bar. I may be wrong though.

Zoidberg747

I agree, but the way I read the OP was that it was suggesting something similar to the way accidental pauses are frequently handled (the DQ being left up to the player), and I was attempting to point out why that doesn't work as well in practice as it sounds.
Pauses arent left up to the player at majors, most of the time they lose the game and thats it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
He can also backdash or block like everyone else in the cast.

Plus he can still EX tele IIRC, because it doesnt give him a free bar. I may be wrong though.
He can EX tele, but if he has no bars, the regular tele will come out and grant him a free bar.

Zoidberg747

He can EX tele, but if he has no bars, the regular tele will come out and grant him a free bar.
So if he has no bar then he can just not do wakeup tele...

Cassie players had to relearn BnBs in like two days. KL players can learn not to wakeup tele or hat toss. Hell they'll probably be better for it.