What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
...What? I don't understand what you mean. You can't do the same thing with EX hat spin because the moves are not comparable.

EX spin in Buzz Saw is used to combo punish things and anti-air because it's so fast and covers a great distance. It's 7 frames and that is much faster than any of Kung Lao's other combo starters.

EX hat spin in tempest is not a punisher and it is not used during combos, it is used for block pressure and frame traps.

One is a fast punisher and the other is used for pressure. You can't compare them when deciding on which variation to use because they fulfil completely different roles.
what moves do you need to punish with exspin that you cant catch with b321 or f2?

STK

Sounds like the few quick strings that everyone has. Like raidens b32 hold. Exspin in tempest can punish that right?

If you guys want to benefit more from playing lao just stick to buzzsaw and tempest. Play hattrick on the side for fun and you might still find something good. It is actually kinda greedy to ask for more stuff after what they did with tempest. All I think should happen is that 11212, b12 and 112124 dont whiff randomly against certain characters anymore and that would be a fix other charavters have this problem too and shouldnt get punished for strings whiffing randomly

ZOMBIE

SoCal Player/ Member of EXiLE
hey guys finally found the lao thread if anyone wants to play or lab lao out with me add me on psn KHTC_ZOMBIE heres a vid i made of some buzzsaw stuff i found the second combo is an otg they are forced to block they cannot wake up at all , tech roll , or delayed wakeup into wakeup, they can only block heres the link

STK

hey guys finally found the lao thread if anyone wants to play or lab lao out with me add me on psn KHTC_ZOMBIE heres a vid i made of some buzzsaw stuff i found the second combo is an otg they are forced to block they cannot wake up at all , tech roll , or delayed wakeup into wakeup, they can only block heres the link
can you post this combo with exslide as a wake up. im curious to see if you can wake up out of it since you have to hit the ground.

STK

^never mind you can. but you have enough time to block the slide because the armor is used up by the hat. So you either chose to block the slide or go for the 11 combo. So Buzzsaw is really "Hat Trick" because of the low hat set up it yeals and Tempest is for damage. Ok. I guess the actual "hat trick" variation is KL's unbreakable. lol Ill give Buzzsaw a go then.

I will be testing this stuff more extensively on wakeup but the b321 ex low hat ender in the corner could be good. @coolwhip @A F0xy Grampa

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Cool stuff will check it out. Nice channel so far BTW

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
It's quite good. I use this occasionally. The only problem is you can't get a normal out in time in order to stuff armored wake-ups.
The way you get an anti wakeup ex low hat is the other half of my doomsday earthshaker set up, so if the opponent respects you enough to get the ex low hat out, and you hit them with F4, then let the ex hat go and B321, you'll get a low launching armour breaking string that does about 4-5% chip.

If they block the F4 you still have the hat to make you safe/advantage

It's quite good. I use this occasionally. The only problem is you can't get a normal out in time in order to stuff armored wake-ups.
It otg's right? Have you tried following it up with a crossover jump 2 into tele2?, it makes people block low and stay still which could be an opportunity to do it. I cant test it now I rarely have access to my ps4 during the weekends but if you can block an ex ice slide on time I assume you can block 90% of the wakeups in this game on time so it can also be used for baiting. The setup doesn't sacrifice any damage either and maybe we can use this combo into ex low hat midscreen and follow up with the f4 setup I just told you about.

The way you get an anti wakeup ex low hat is the other half of my doomsday earthshaker set up, so if the opponent respects you enough to get the ex low hat out, and you hit them with F4, then let the ex hat go and B321, you'll get a low launching armour breaking string that does about 4-5% chip.

Maybe we can do spin jk dk, b321 ex low hat with f4 setup midscreen. It gives us more advantage and makes it harder for the opponent to just run away. Maybe just a setup to go for when you have a lot of meter and can afford to spend it.

Guys what is the timing for the 11212 combo... Can't seem to make it after the 11. And how to you exactly do the brutality with the 15 1's or 2's?

Last edited:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Guys what is the timing for the 11212 combo... Can't seem to make it after the 11. And how to you exactly do the brutality with the 15 1's or 2's?
you need to input 212 before the animation of 11 completes. And for that brutality I mash both 1 and 2 for the whole animation of the throw and it comes out

ZOMBIE

SoCal Player/ Member of EXiLE
alrighty guys i didi more testing on that buzz saw lao setup and turns out you can armor wake up out of it depending on the start up of you wake up i know for sure lao and subby can wake up out with armor if not they are forced to hold that

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

whats the first half? And also can you still get this setup by ending with b321~ex lowhat?

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Can somebody help me?

1) what is the best punisher for Buzzsaw/Tempest Kung Lao?
2) is it possible to punish Raiden f12 and shoker? According to frame data, I can, but online I never punish them
3) is there any way to fight against armored Sorcerer Quan Chi? Seems that I can't do anything because he protect himself

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Can somebody help me?

1) what is the best punisher for Buzzsaw/Tempest Kung Lao?
2) is it possible to punish Raiden f12 and shoker? According to frame data, I can, but online I never punish them
3) is there any way to fight against armored Sorcerer Quan Chi? Seems that I can't do anything because he protect himself
I believe his fastest punisher is ex spin.
I believe raidens f12 is -3 so no one can punish it.
If sorcerer Quan chi is the one with the armor shield you can do ex dive kick or ex spin in buzzsaw/ hat trick if you catch them pushing buttons