What's new

Tech - Ancestral kung jin vortex

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
its not this in particular, its that he has this, on top of having: some of the best range, air control and safe/hitconfirmable 50/50's in the game. Also he isn't very execution heavy and compared to the rest of the cast has very easy high damage combos.
[downlplay] nuh-uh [/downplay]

EOTL

Pure vortex in Ancestral is garbage. you 50/50 for 17% when you could hit once in bojutsu for 36% without needing a stun arrow first. Even in ancestral you're giving up 8-14% depeding in your ender to try and land 17% slightly easier. The standing reset ender is only worth it off of divekick or njp combos where you have a chance to do a chunk of damage before landing the stun arrow.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
its not this in particular, its that he has this, on top of having: some of the best range, air control and safe/hitconfirmable 50/50's in the game. Also he isn't very execution heavy and compared to the rest of the cast has very easy high damage combos.
Ancestral does not have high damaging combos. Your optimal midscreen combos are in the low 30s. More often than not for a full combo you'll be doing 27-29%, and if you don't have a stun arrow stocked you're lucky to get around 20% for a typical punish.

The reason people were calling this find OP at the start of the thread is because this was before people realised Ancestral was meh. This variation is perfectly fine, and in fact if they nerf Bojutsu they need to be careful not to completely ruin some of the things you mentioned (50/50s, range, etc) because these tools are universal the other two variations would get unfairly nerfed as a result.

(unless you were only talking about Bojutsu when you said easy high damaging combos, in which case ignore everything I just said)

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Ancestral does not have high damaging combos. Your optimal midscreen combos are in the low 30s. More often than not for a full combo you'll be doing 27-29%, and if you don't have a stun arrow stocked you're lucky to get around 20% for a typical punish.

The reason people were calling this find OP at the start of the thread is because this was before people realised Ancestral was meh. This variation is perfectly fine, and in fact if they nerf Bojutsu they need to be careful not to completely ruin some of the things you mentioned (50/50s, range, etc) because these tools are universal the other two variations would get unfairly nerfed as a result.

(unless you were only talking about Bojutsu when you said easy high damaging combos, in which case ignore everything I just said)
I was:DOGE

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Pure vortex in Ancestral is garbage. you 50/50 for 17% when you could hit once in bojutsu for 36% without needing a stun arrow first. Even in ancestral you're giving up 8-14% depeding in your ender to try and land 17% slightly easier. The standing reset ender is only worth it off of divekick or njp combos where you have a chance to do a chunk of damage before landing the stun arrow.
That's the thing though, each variation offers something another one lacks. If I want an easier time winning and easy damage, Bojutsu is the choice as well as rushing down, combos etc

However, if I want to zone ancestral is the best variation. Both styles have their own vortex's, even Shaolin has one as someone in here mentioned.