What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've kept using the same/similar ones but I've stopped using the run,3~bo swat mid combo extender in my matches unless I want to go for the swaggy look or it's just casuals. It only ads 1-2% more damage now and is not worth the risk of input error in tournaments.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
The new meterless max damage combo midscreen is Starterxxbo swat, run, 34, instant divekick, 34xxbo swing : It does from 33% to 35% damage, 1% more than the double bo swat combos.

If you feel like spending meter jip, 221xxBoSpin, 34, instant divekick, 34xxboswing does 41% for one bar, not too bad

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Off topic but does anyone have a WB ID with all the mobile skins i can use to get the skins?
On X1, someone in the top 20 ranked had Hero in his GT. I just looked at his profile and everything unlocked.

GAV

they patched this glitch i'm pretty sure :\
It still happens occasionally when the GTs keep getting swapped.

It became an issue this past weekend in Delaware at a local tourney I was at.

GAV

So just keep trying random players till I get lucky ?
When GTs sign out on XB1 and another one signs in, it sometimes locks in the controls of the GT that signed out.

Clicking set to default and setting them manually negates this effect. If you don't click set to default, it may show the controls as what you want - but when you go into the match, you may see that the controls aren't what you expect.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So I found 2 new meterless bnbs, 1 midscreen and 1 corner for kung jin. The midscreen one is the same damage as the regular bnb mudscreen, but I think this one is easier to do. The one in the corner does more damage than our Meterless bnb we've been using

Midscreen- (starter) bo swat, u1 bo swat, run cancel ji divekick, step forward 34 bo spin- 31% (just did further testing, you can't do this combo if you start the combo with 111 or b214)

Corner- (starter) bo swat, 4 up arrow, 343 bo spin- 35-38%

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
So I found 2 new meterless bnbs, 1 midscreen and 1 corner for kung jin. The midscreen one is the same damage as the regular bnb mudscreen, but I think this one is easier to do. The one in the corner does more damage than our Meterless bnb we've been using

Midscreen- (starter) bo swat, u1 bo swat, run cancel ji divekick, step forward 34 bo spin- 31% (just did further testing, you can't do this combo if you start the combo with 111 or b214)

Corner- (starter) bo swat, 4 up arrow, 343 bo spin- 35-38%
The corner one is actually really nice, thanks for sharing!

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So I'm gonna start playing ancestral seriously. It's a lot different but his bnbs I just found are 3% less midscreen, but corner damage is the same damage or more than bojitsu.

Midscreen meterless- load stun arrow, (starter) low arrow, Load fire arrow dash forward njp, walk forward 34, ji divekick, 34 low arrow- 29-32%

Corner neterless- load stun arrow, (starter) low arrow, Load fire arrow njp, 4 up arrow, 343 low arrow- 35-38%

kevkopdx

Noob
ive switched to shaolin for fun... there are just two combos on the main page so here is an easier higher damage corner:
221~mb low chakram, nj2, j4 dive kick, 23~up kick d4 36%

and slightly less damage but easier midscreen:
221~low chakram, run~111~up kick d4 33%

im not great at optimizing combos but midscreen over head and low starters are:
b14~mb low chakram, run~ 221 up kick d4 29%
f24~mb low chakram, run~221 up kick d4 29%
or end either of these with 111 up kick d4 which is slightly easier for 28%

Last edited: