What's new

Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 12: Smarrgasm's List and The Rise of Catwoman

Oh my god. How long is it going to take for everyone to realize that Flash can only do so much? He's such a 2 dimensional character. Dash into d12 is ridiculous? What game are you playing?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
You said the same before UFGT IIRC

I enjoy watchinh flash so hopefullt you back up your talk this time.
lol i went all the way to chicago to play and i said this? you don't even know what tournaments i have been to, yet you come here and say i say this before every tournament............................... such logic. i don't have a problem with what you said, i under performed at SJ and i ran into the best batman player and a GL player in tournament and those are the two worst MU's for flash and i didn't work on them like i should have before going. plus controller issues but whatever its all excuses, this time i have no excuses i have a hitbox, i had more than enough time to go through every MU. i still got top 24 @ SJ but thats not enough.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
dribirut

I did this constantly on rebelo and reo and did it well

Im not bragging at all, im just telling you if a zod player doesnt do it he'll get fucked up in the MU

pherleece

Woolay
AK Pig Of The Hut

Don't know why I cant tag playing 2 win but when we was naming his NEC predictions he said Chris G and someone reminded him that Chris doesn't play the game at all so he removed him from the list. About 2 weeks ago I played Chris G online and he BODIED me with scorpion. I didn't think it was really him so i tweeted him and he confirmed it was him.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut

Don't know why I cant tag playing 2 win but when we was naming his NEC predictions he said Chris G and someone reminded him that Chris doesn't play the game at all so he removed him from the list. About 2 weeks ago I played Chris G online and he BODIED me with scorpion. I didn't think it was really him so i tweeted him and he confirmed it was him.
lol nice

General M2Dave
Why is Killer Instinct's character roster even brought into question? SSF4AE, Marvel, MK9....these games really only have an average of 6 VIABLE characters. As long as the balance is taken care of in KI, who gives a shit? And the viability in Injustice is a pretty moot point, considering it's becoming one of the most controversial fighting games in the community.

4x4lo8o

Noob
EMPEROR_THEO
You mentioned Ares being underrated, but you and Tom both admitted he couldn't really handle either of your mains and never got around to discussion what strengths you think he does have. Ares also does really poorly against other high tier characters like Batman, MMH, and Black Adam. What match ups do you think he does do well in, or what are Ares players not doing?

Also, is WNF running Injustice on Xbox 360 now or was that a one time thing? If it is me and some Arizona guys will probably drive down there for one soon, PS3 was the only thing keeping us away

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A few suggested topics for the next Kryptonite Council Podcast:

- is Pig quitting Injustice? If so, why?
- top five TYM members who do nothing but theory fight
- top five TYM members masquerading as high level players

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
General M2Dave
Why is Killer Instinct's character roster even brought into question? SSF4AE, Marvel, MK9....these games really only have an average of 6 VIABLE characters. As long as the balance is taken care of in KI, who gives a shit? And the viability in Injustice is a pretty moot point, considering it's becoming one of the most controversial fighting games in the community.
There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy mor than 6 viable characters in Capcom games.

The only game that would apply to currently is MK9, and even then that is honestly a stretch.

There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy mor than 6 viable characters in Capcom games.

The only game that would apply to currently is MK9, and even then that is honestly a stretch.
That's funny...for the most part I see the same teams getting played in marvel, and while there are those occasional specialsts in sf4 like rog and xen, I see a shit ton of akumas and cammys.

coolwhip

Noob

Yeah, it's a huuuuuuge stretch.

Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, Freddy, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johnny Cage, Kitana, Jax, Scarlett, and Reptile are all viable. Plus, honestly, it would be an equally big stretch to flat out say Liu Kang and Shang are not viable for example. Nobody is saying MK is a balanced game but there's a difference between the low tiers being utter shit (which is true) and only having 6 viable characters (which is clearly not). It's true that the top 4-5 dominate the game, but that doesn't make the other characters not viable.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That's funny...for the most part I see the same teams getting played in marvel, and while there are those occasional specialsts in sf4 like rog and xen, I see a shit ton of akumas and cammys.
Marvel you could maybe make the argument but there is a shit ton of character diversity in SF. EVO had like 9 characters in top 8 and the game has been out for years.