What's new

Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 12: Smarrgasm's List and The Rise of Catwoman

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
GGA 16 Bit MITDJT

Just kidding, I'm not looking start the whole "is Reptile viable" debate, but it's really not that ridiculous to suggest. Hell, he does better than most against Kenshi and Kabal.
In reality a lot of the characters you listed probably arent viable in a sense because they lose so bad to top tiers.

I think you can debate there being like 10 viable characters in MK, but the thing is if the game had continued and people get down Kabal's execution barriers then there would be less than 5 viable characters.

This is all pointless to argue though because the game is dead anyway.

coolwhip said:
Yeah, it's a huuuuuuge stretch.

Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, Freddy, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johnny Cage, Kitana, Jax, Scarlett, and Reptile are all viable. Plus, honestly, it would be an equally big stretch to flat out say Liu Kang and Shang are not viable for example. Nobody is saying MK is a balanced game but there's a difference between the low tiers being utter shit (which is true) and only having 6 viable characters (which is clearly not). It's true that the top 4-5 dominate the game, but that doesn't make the other characters not viable.
Then go ahead and run It by me again why ni one plays it? Why the balence is as unbearable as some top players would have everyone believe?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
GGA 16 Bit MITDJT

Just kidding, I'm not looking start the whole "is Reptile viable" debate, but it's really not that ridiculous to suggest. Hell, he does better than most against Kenshi and Kabal.
He does well against them, but gets his back blown out by Sonya, and possibly Freddy and Cyrax, and loses to a lot of others too.

IMO he's around 12th-15th and not a bad character at all but I don't think he's viable.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
AK Smarrgasm on blast for making no sense when talking about Killer Frost community. Killer Frost players saying how BA is unwinnable for KF and then after patch it becomes a 5-5, which baffles you. Well that baffles me too because our community never said this. Black Adam was a bad MU for KF pre-patch, BUT IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY was unwinnable and it was still not that bad IMO (4-6). A lot of what hurt KF in the MU which prevented her from moving on the screen against BA was patched out and I feel the MU should be considered even at this point. In no way did this just come out of left field like you are claiming. You are just taking everything that is said in KTP to heart.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
AK Smarrgasm on blast for making no sense when talking about Killer Frost community. Killer Frost players saying how BA is unwinnable for KF and then after patch it becomes a 5-5, which baffles you. Well that baffles me too because our community never said this. Black Adam was a bad MU for KF pre-patch, BUT IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY was unwinnable and it was still not that bad IMO. A lot of what hurt KF in the MU which prevented her from moving on the screen against BA was patched out and I feel the MU should be considered even at this point. In no way did this just come out of left field like you are claiming. You are just taking everything that is said in KTP to heart.
lol Black Adam unwinnable. Hahahahahahahahaha!
*wipes tear from eye*

Hah. ..heh he....hah hah *giggle* good times.....goood times...

RiBBz22

lol Black Adam unwinnable. Hahahahahahahahaha!
*wipes tear from eye*

Hah. ..heh he....hah hah *giggle* good times.....goood times...
I love seeing how impressionable some people are just by listening to KTP and not actually reading anything in our forum. It is annoying. I guess just keep staying salty about our character using that salt to keep freely spewing these lies about our community.

I will forever continue to call out this complete ignorance and misinformation every time I hear it on podcasts.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
AK Smarrgasm on blast for making no sense when talking about Killer Frost community. Killer Frost players saying how BA is unwinnable for KF and then after patch it becomes a 5-5, which baffles you. Well that baffles me too because our community never said this. Black Adam was a bad MU for KF pre-patch, BUT IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY was unwinnable and it was still not that bad IMO (4-6). A lot of what hurt KF in the MU which prevented her from moving on the screen against BA was patched out and I feel the MU should be considered even at this point. In no way did this just come out of left field like you are claiming. You are just taking everything that is said in KTP to heart.
I wasnt saying it was unwinnable if i used those words it was a poor choice. However, the MU was easily her worst one pre patch and i just dont think a few simple changes have affected how Black Adam approaches the MU against her. The lightning hitbox is the only thing that i see having any real effect and i dont think that it sways the MU to even. I just think Black Adam still wins against her and i thought it was silly to just call it 5-5 after the patch cause Black Adam got "normalized".

RiBBz22

I wasnt saying it was unwinnable if i used those words it was a poor choice. However, the MU was easily her worst one pre patch and i just dont think a few simple changes have affected how Black Adam approaches the MU against her. The lightning hitbox is the only thing that i see having any real effect and i dont think that it sways the MU to even. I just think Black Adam still wins against her and i thought it was silly to just call it 5-5 after the patch cause Black Adam got "normalized".
Hitbox on lightning was huge man, we did not just say he got normalized so it changed the MU number. BA's keep out was extremely effective as well as his run-away/air-mobility game (best part of his game against KF). The hitbox on lightning now gives the KF player a solid way to work their way in against Adam in a way that was really difficult before. With the increased punish window we can now jump lightning and punish it with iceberg into vortex which is a huge deal and affects the way the full screen game is played. Increased negative frames on dive kick can lead to 50-50 opportunities now if the dive kick is blocked and not spaced perfectly. These are all big deals. They don't change the way the BA player should play the MU, but that in no way means the MU has not been affected. There are two sides.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Hitbox on lightning was huge man, we did not just say he got normalized so it changed the MU number. BA's keep out was extremely effective as well as his run-away/air-mobility game (best part of his game against KF). The hitbox on lightning now gives the KF player a solid way to work their way in against Adam in a way that was really difficult before. With the increased punish window we can now jump lightning and punish it with iceberg into vortex which is a huge deal and affects the way the full screen game is played. Increased negative frames on dive kick can lead to 50-50 opportunities now if the dive kick is blocked and not spaced perfectly. These are all big deals. They don't change the way the BA player should play the MU, but that in no way means the MU has not been affected. There are two sides.
BA still controls the air game and MB divekick is still 100% of a threat. KF should have been jumping lightnings already before the patch so making it a little easier only helps people who didnt know how to fight Adam the best. You just simply cannot zone me and up close I have a better offense. The only hope just like before was to catch me in the vortex and never let me out. If i hit her once i can just turtle and slowly chip away just as always.