What's new

General/Other - Reptile KP2 Reptile Changes?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Anyone who says nimble is fine obviously never played it.
Basilisk is 100% useless outside of combos.
In combos it adds barely 10% midscreen for 1 bar?

nimble is fine lol
I agree with you M.D

I mean i dont play nimble simply because of your reason lol. Like if i were to use it, j there should be more reason to use it outside of combos. which there is none, because the start up is too slow and i doesnt last long enough imo.
Uh guys, i've been able to get nimble activated 3-4 times a round, once you get momentum going against certain characters its a total shut down. The variation doesn't need any help. I'd rather it be a variation i pick in certain matchups than a variation i pick for every matchup, if it ever gets to that point it will already be too strong.

Nimble is a huge pain in the ass for half the cast.

Israel

Noob
Y
Uh guys, i've been able to get nimble activated 3-4 times a round, once you get momentum going against certain characters its a total shut down. The variation doesn't need any help. I'd rather it be a variation i pick in certain matchups than a variation i pick for every matchup, if it ever gets to that point it will already be too strong.

Nimble is a huge pain in the ass for half the cast.
Your the man.

Better than me for sure..
We need more people like you

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So you mean..activate it outside of a combo?
What do you do next, zone? Because everyone just stands there and blocks and the second I get close I always get armored and I can't block.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Anyone who says nimble is fine obviously never played it.
Basilisk is 100% useless outside of combos.
In combos it adds barely 10% midscreen for 1 bar?

nimble is fine lol
I think Nimble is fine. You burn the bar for extreme damage in the corner or corner carry and that's it. It kind of makes sense .-.

i fricken fraken love the lizard leave him alone. pre 9/1 deceptive baby! no i like deceptive now the way it is :) deceptive boys. Just nox gas staying on hit but realy he can stay the same. reptile is...the...shat. And i realy have to say if ya watch j360 and ofidyan's nimble guides really turned things around for me playing nimble. I could never activate it enough or i should say i use to rarely activate and then when i did i was so focused on the damn combos i just would not play him. combo of choice, 4 spit, full screen activate. and my absolutly favorite and away to get that good ole meterless is the Double Njp's to make it safe with alot of the cast. and i messed around with it sometimes it just takes a jump, a step back, a step foward to still keep it safe since you cant block. or even better to get some armor breaking. HAIL super lizard's @RM Cossner @OFIDYAN @G4S J360, chris G, @Milkman my main influences that make reptile so fun for me and keep me playing....Hailz

Last edited:

Israel

Noob
I think Nimble is fine. You burn the bar for extreme damage in the corner or corner carry and that's it. It kind of makes sense .-.
Yea but..wouldnt u want to be able to run all over the place outside of combos? How cool would it be to be able fight about 75% of the time under that mode? Lol but you guys are great tho, i just stick with noxious. I think its the most creative thing they gave him this game...So i stick with this. But Not really doing anything until the Acid Puddle gets the common sense fixing.

Syzoth

Yea but..wouldnt u want to be able to run all over the place outside of combos? How cool would it be to be able fight about 75% of the time under that mode? Lol but you guys are great tho, i just stick with noxious. I think its the most creative thing they gave him this game...So i stick with this. But Not really doing anything until the Acid Puddle gets the common sense fixing.
But that's not fair to the opponent. :confused: that's like suggesting any other crazy buff cause it'd be cool for your character. It would be. But other mains would be pissed lol

I use Noxious primarily. I'll switch to nimble/deceptive/variationless depending on my opponent.

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Don't see any reason for big buffs or either nerfs, Deceptive is 100% fine, maybe increase duration on Basilisk for 0.5-1.0 sec in Nimble, and being able to heal by b1 whiff for 1 tick of Gas(or for all damage that Gas dealt to opponent before, like recharge) or make EX version never ends on hit in Noxious. But more needed is fix some bugs like this:
...and other invisible balls)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
So you mean..activate it outside of a combo?
What do you do next, zone? Because everyone just stands there and blocks and the second I get close I always get armored and I can't block.
Blocking is the worst thing they can do

- f41 loop on block, if they have standing pokes that are slower than 6 frames and armored moves that get broken while in nimble. You can get an entire meter back from this, making the EX virtually meterless. (quan chi, takeda, Tremor)
- Go for a mixup on block, f41 slide, and f4slide is a mixup that either option converts into 30% easily even when done halfway through your basilisk activation.
- Zone and setup a forceball on screen to run in and get a mixup once the screen goes back to normal.
- Low punish a projectile that someone throws on screen with a slide and get a full combo

Granted some characters are really hard to control while in nimble, but thats why you can choose other variations. Half of the cast has issues fighting nimble and the other half can make it tough for nimble to work and require more reactions than anything else.

Syzoth

Blocking is the worst thing they can do

- f41 loop on block, if they have standing pokes that are slower than 6 frames and armored moves that get broken while in nimble. You can get an entire meter back from this, making the EX virtually meterless. (quan chi, takeda, Tremor)
- Go for a mixup on block, f41 slide, and f4slide is a mixup that either option converts into 30% easily even when done halfway through your basilisk activation.
- Zone and setup a forceball on screen to run in and get a mixup once the screen goes back to normal.
- Low punish a projectile that someone throws on screen with a slide and get a full combo

Granted some characters are really hard to control while in nimble, but thats why you can choose other variations. Half of the cast has issues fighting nimble and the other half can make it tough for nimble to work and require more reactions than anything else.
B1d4
F2
Are all positive on block. Use it to open your opponent up. B2 also might as well be safe. Ofcourse use your low poke and back dash to dodge counter pokes.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
May be asking for a lot here. But as someone who just started labbing reptile, I would love to see EX Klaw or both regular and EX Klaw be overhead. It would be much easier from a mix-up stand point. But with bf4 being an overhead I think it's asking for to much. Thoughts?

Syzoth

May be asking for a lot here. But as someone who just started labbing reptile, I would love to see EX Klaw or both regular and EX Klaw be overhead. It would be much easier from a mix-up stand point. But with bf4 being an overhead I think it's asking for to much. Thoughts?
Klaw already has its purpose my friend. You have an OH option, a low option, and a med meter building, chip damage, safe option. They won't change it and that's okay.

Wolverine32

Klaw already has its purpose my friend. You have an OH option, a low option, and a med meter building, chip damage, safe option. They won't change it and that's okay.
I know this is the probably the wrong thread to ask. But we're talking about his Klaw. I've seen Pig us the ex klaw to absolutly demolish jump ins a few times. Is that really timing specific? I was playing a kitana and in the corner her float into njp demolished it no matter the timing, I either ate the njp before it came out or it whiffed. Any suggestions? I don't like the idea of risking raw slide or wasting an ex slide just for corner escapes and anti-airs.

Syzoth

It's timing that you'll learn. You gotta do it right before they hit you.. especially kitana float. But it becomes muscle memory. I'm biased. 8k matches with Reptile. You can purposely whiff a far pounce to get out. You can whiff a dash if they are jumping. You can block it out. Breaker and immediately dash. Sweep low profiles alot of things and then you can dash over them while thy're down and switch them into the corner.

I thought about making a EXTREMELY extensive Reptile guide featuring all my tech but Im going to several regionals here soon and then hopefully to a major so I kinda want to keep bits to myself. Most of my tech is known but not well known. Regardless if you got Reptile based questions ask me in a PM or a forum I'm in. I'm happy to try to help.

Wolverine32

It's timing that you'll learn. You gotta do it right before they hit you.. especially kitana float. But it becomes muscle memory. I'm biased. 8k matches with Reptile. You can purposely whiff a far pounce to get out. You can whiff a dash if they are jumping. You can block it out. Breaker and immediately dash. Sweep low profiles alot of things and then you can dash over them while thy're down and switch them into the corner.

I thought about making a EXTREMELY extensive Reptile guide featuring all my tech but Im going to several regionals here soon and then hopefully to a major so I kinda want to keep bits to myself. Most of my tech is known but not well known. Regardless if you got Reptile based questions ask me in a PM or a forum I'm in. I'm happy to try to help.
Awesome man, I don't want you leaking anything so for sure man. If questions arise I definitely will. Thanks for the help, time to lab...

Israel

Noob
Would you guys like to see a buff for the ball floater? I think it should stay for atleast 5 more seconds. If the opponent back is against wall and u can manage to stop it right in front of him, u could throw out the Puddle (that needs fixing)...and stay at the distance where u can anti-air if they jump...and if their too afraid to move..go for b2 or b3.

Think it would make a great corner game for him. I would love to do this under noxious. We can do this now, but the current duration on it really just only gives you time enough to go for 1 50/50.

@Syzoth yea go wins some tournaments and back at us scrubs with the answers

Syzoth

Would you guys like to see a buff for the ball floater? I think it should stay for atleast 5 more seconds. If the opponent back is against wall and u can manage to stop it right in front of him, u could throw out the Puddle (that needs fixing)...and stay at the distance where u can anti-air if they jump...and if their too afraid to move..go for b2 or b3.

Think it would make a great corner game for him. I would love to do this under noxious. We can do this now, but the current duration on it really just only gives you time enough to go for 1 50/50.

@Syzoth yea go wins some tournaments and back at us scrubs with the answers
Lol if I do win though i'll shout out the homie to find Reptile's secret brutality;)

That puddle needs fixing REALLY bad.
I put the buffs I'd like Reptile to get on another thread somewhere but my requests regarding the Acid ball float was either make it cost a bar of stamina instead of meter or make it float for 2-3 seconds longer. Cause it stops so shortly you can't combo someone into it before it dissipates:(

It'd be nice if you could throw someone into a stopped acid ball for a free combo like sub zero and his clone lol
But I also requested ex spit (puddle) becomes practical.

Israel

Noob
Lol if I do win though i'll shout out the homie to find Reptile's secret brutality;)

That puddle needs fixing REALLY bad.
I put the buffs I'd like Reptile to get on another thread somewhere but my requests regarding the Acid ball float was either make it cost a bar of stamina instead of meter or make it float for 2-3 seconds longer. Cause it stops so shortly you can't combo someone into it before it dissipates:(

It'd be nice if you could throw someone into a stopped acid ball for a free combo like sub zero and his clone lol
But I also requested ex spit (puddle) becomes practical.
Sounds like a plan lol

and Hell i like ur suggestions better..lets hope for your suggestions on changes

Ive actually been using puddle more frequently and its fairly decent after example in the corner f412 bf2 14 ex spit and what I why I enjoy it cause if I can activate stink prior or after but dont have to but it is good for adding up pressure damage there is a nice puddle set up thread here by @G4S J360 not saying its perfect at all but ive found myself using it more when in nox and taking advantage of the lizards perfectness

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
My personal changes for reptile.

General:

-DF1 EX fixed to be a bit more consistent.
-B34 should be like -9 on block in exchange for B3 xx Fast Forceball and F3 xx Fast Forceball to combo midscreen or corner.
-Ex Forceball should be formed in front of reptile instead of behind him similar to mk9
-B1 eating projectiles would be amazing lmao.

Nimble:

-Recovery lowered a bit on regular basilisk

Deceptive:
-I don't think he should be able to grab after being +7 on F412 xx EX invis

Noxious:

Df1 and Forceballs cause ticks of noxious damage

Last edited: