What's new

Tech - Kotal Kahn KotalKahn sun tech patched

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
I posted one sentence below that from my experience any non-war god variation doesn't have time to set up sun ray and get a meaty normal out before getting hit by a wakeup.
Wrong if u watch the video where the tech was discover u would see he sets up with f1 b2 to sun ray which is waaaaay more enough time for d1 even back 1 4 to ex sundisk which takes alot of damage

Mrfinesse28

This was a hidden nerf for sure ...how do u focus on needing that but not fixing the brutality with the sun or the fact BG has no armor moves smh

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wrong if u watch the video where the tech was discover u would see he sets up with f1 b2 to sun ray which is waaaaay more enough time for d1 even back 1 4 to ex sundisk which takes alot of damage
If you watch the video and understand how his juggles work, you would see that EX overhead sword strike juggles the opponent much higher than any other normal or special move he has. Without that high juggle that is exclusive to EX OSS you can't do the F1B2 ray high enough to get a meaty in.

Did you actually test this or are you just going off from watching one specific setup and assuming it works for every other variation?

Lanqu

Noob
Damn, I've jut implemented into my play and my KK just've started to be dangerous in the corner... and here we go, throw the tech out.
Dont wanna play this game anymore =(

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
If you watch the video and understand how his juggles work, you would see that EX overhead sword strike juggles the opponent much higher than any other normal or special move he has. Without that high juggle that is exclusive to EX OSS you can't do the F1B2 ray high enough to get a meaty in.

Did you actually test this or are you just going off from watching one specific setup and assuming it works for every other variation?

..... I don't get it. If the other variations couldn't use it to do anything to begin with, then how is this a nerf to them at all?

Mrfinesse28

The reason I posed this forum was because I've been using it against ppl to stuff wake ups and I do play with all variations of kk...that's why its such a big deal to me that was kk best option to get big damage in BG n sun because he has no overhead conversions in those variations....I don't need the sun tech for war god cause my war god is a beast

Mrfinesse28

..... I don't get it. If the other variations couldn't use it to do anything to begin with, then how is this a nerf to them at all?
Cause he don't play BG apparently war god never needed the tech only sungod n BG...it was a tech all variations could use IFK what he talking about ....smh

I GOT HANDS

So safe to say, it was a silly interaction and it's a good thing it was removed from the game. Anyone downplaying and saying it was un-useable, but at the same time complaining that it got removed, you can't have it both ways.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you tech rolled and woke up with a wakeup attack, as you should, you stuffed KK's meaties before they even came out unless you were playing against war god who can juggle high enough to get a meaty out.

What Finesse is doing is setups vs people who have no idea that they must tech roll, judging from how he didn't reply or understand my posts on whether he actually tested his setups or plays knowledgeable competition considering I ask him one thing and he replies with completely random things.

So no, nothing is "safe to say". This tech was absolutely needed for war god so he can stand a chance in some matchups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The reason I posed this forum was because I've been using it against ppl to stuff wake ups and I do play with all variations of kk...that's why its such a big deal to me that was kk best option to get big damage in BG n sun because he has no overhead conversions in those variations....I don't need the sun tech for war god cause my war god is a beast
Cause he don't play BG apparently war god never needed the tech only sungod n BG...it was a tech all variations could use IFK what he talking about ....smh
You didn't even answer my questions.

Did you find a setup to use this in non-war god variations? What is it? You're just replying randomly to imaginary questions instead of what I'm actually asking you...

I GOT HANDS

If it can be tech rolled, then how does he NEED it for some match ups, considering according to you it should never work anyway? And how is it that he needs it for these match ups and others don't? And what match ups ARE these?

Until you start talking in specifics instead of just hand-waving with very broad statements but no real supporting statements, I'm going to go ahead and chalk this one up as "silly interaction that only KK mains are sorry to see go"

I GOT HANDS

Might as well remove all oki from this game if you think this is silly.
If you can't see the difference between this and regular Oki then you have tunnel vision. Name a character that could do something similar to this.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If it can be tech rolled, then how does he NEED it for some match ups, considering according to you it should never work anyway? And how is it that he needs it for these match ups and others don't? And what match ups ARE these?

Until you start talking in specifics instead of just hand-waving with very broad statements but no real supporting statements, I'm going to go ahead and chalk this one up as "silly interaction that only KK mains are sorry to see go"
So you're telling me an anti-wakeup setup in which you're forced to block is a "silly interaction". MKX is your first fighting game I assume.

I explained it a thousand times, NON war god variations COULDN'T do this. War god himself could. This setup was useful against pretty much the whole cast so that they don't have wakeup armour and you pressure them for free at the cost of 2 bars and dropping your combo's damage.

I GOT HANDS

So you're telling me an anti-wakeup setup in which you're forced to block is a "silly interaction". MKX is your first fighting game I assume.
Sure, first fighter other than MvC, SFxT, SFIV, MK9 & Injustice, so I guess that proves that making assumptions on something you could have no possible idea about is a pretty bad way to drive a point. Irrelevant to that, how are other games all with vastly different characters and mechanics at all relevant to what is and isn't silly in MKX? This seems like the typical fallback for someone who is running out of ways to support a weak argument, there is absolutely no need for these misplaced personal digs bro, just asking you to explain your statements here, I'm willing to be swayed, but I'm having to fight to get them out of you and every single post you make is just convincing me more and more that itself just salt that your tech was justifiably removed and nothing else.

I explained it a thousand times, NON war god variations COULDN'T do this. War god himself could.
And are you just going to keep saying it? because I've never said otherwise.

This setup was useful against pretty much the whole cast so that they don't have wakeup armour and you pressure them for free at the cost of 2 bars and dropping your combo's damage.

Like, you just said it was needed for WG in specific match ups. When I asked you for an explanation, (you know to possibly convince someone of your point of view) you say "well it's useful against the entire cast". No shit it is, and it's a silly interaction in all of them, wand hen I mentioned this originally your response was that the balance of certain match ups depended on it, so what are these specific match ups where KK needs it to compete? WG vs who? Or are you going back on this statement and saying it's needed against the entire cast now? And also going back on the other statement, that it only works on people who don't know to tech roll against it? You are all over the place on this one and seem to be saying whatever you can pull out to defend this, I just want some supporting specifics instead of sweeping statements bro

I am open-minded to seeing things another way from someone who knows the character better than me, but you're doing a terrible job of convincing me otherwise, or anything but main-bias

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If it can be tech rolled, then how does he NEED it for some match ups, considering according to you it should never work anyway?
This is what I was referring to.
Sure, first fighter other than MvC, SFxT, SFIV, MK9 & Injustice, so I don't think you have a clue here. No need for the misplaced personal digs bro, just asking you to explain your statements here, I'm willing to be swayed, but every single post you make is just convincing me more and more that is salt that your tech was justifiably removed and nothing else.

And are you just going to keep saying it? because I've never said otherwise.

Like, you just said it was needed for WG in specific match ups. When I asked you for an explanation, (you know to possibly convince someone of your point of view) you say "well it's useful against the entire cast". No shit it is, and it's a silly interaction in all of them, wand hen I mentioned this originally your response was that the balance of certain match ups depended on it, so what are these specific match ups where KK needs it to compete? WG vs who? Or are you going back on this statement and saying it's needed against the entire cast now? And also going back on the other statement, that it only works on people who don't know to tech roll against it? You are all over the place on this one and seem to be saying whatever you can pull out to defend this, I just want some supporting specifics instead of sweeping statements bro

I am open-minded to seeing things another way from someone who knows the character better than me, but you're doing a terrible job of convincing me otherwise, or anything but main-bias
I assumed this was your first fighting game because it baffles me that you'd call an oki setup a "silly interaction" and not understand how it helps him in every single matchup considering it entirely forgoes the opponent's wakeups considering you've played so many other games supposedly.

It doesn't take much thought, the matchup in which he needs it are the matchups in which he struggles, goro, quan, KL etc.

War god's setup is legit. Blood and Sun god do not have this setup unless the opponent is ignorantly not tech rolling and allowing this gimmick to fly. War god is the only one who can have his opponents tech roll and still get it going. This is literally the 4th time I have to repeat this doesn't work in "NON war god" variations.

Mrfinesse28

You didn't even answer my questions.

Did you find a setup to use this in non-war god variations? What is it? You're just replying randomly to imaginary questions instead of what I'm actually asking you...
BG stands for blood god...I clearly said "I have been using this tech" I found plenty of set ups for the tech in sun and blood god...it is not exclusive to war god....does that answer ur question

I GOT HANDS

This is what I was referring to.

I assumed this was your first fighting game because it baffles me that you'd call an oki setup a "silly interaction" and not understand how it helps him in every single matchup considering it entirely forgoes the opponent's wakeups considering you've played so many other games supposedly.
I'm sorry so what is it that I'm saying here that is making you think that I don't understand that it helps him, in every single match up? That's exactly what I'm saying,and it's a tool that I don't think KK should have in any of his variations, I think there should be at least OPTIONS, especially if you have a meter stored for it without it being thrown away for nothing because of a meterless ridiculous Oki, and judging by this change and a few others in the patch, apparently NRS thinks so too. I'm not sure what quality interactions you are getting from any other fighting games that did otherwise and had the same or even similar gameplay focus and execution that this has, so since you mentioned other games, care to provide me with any sort of specific here as to a good example of a quality interaction that I should know of from playing other games that should have made it so obvious to me that that Kotals is a good thing?

War god's setup is legit. Blood and Sun god do not have this setup unless the opponent is ignorantly not tech rolling and allowing this gimmick to fly. War god is the only one who can have his opponents tech roll and still get it going.

This is literally the 4th time I have to repeat this doesn't work in "NON war god" variations.
Sigh. And I guess I'll just repeat once again, that I have literally not once said otherwise. Here I'll quote what I just said in my last post "And are you just going to keep saying it? because I've never said otherwise." On top of this, nothing I've said makes any difference if it applies to Kotal as a whole, or just War God, it's silly regardless, and I'm literally clueless to why you keep adamantly stating that this is War God specific like it makes it any better.

Inb4 your next response mentions that it's specific to War God. Thanks Qwark, we got it.

Mrfinesse28

If you tech rolled and woke up with a wakeup attack, as you should, you stuffed KK's meaties before they even came out unless you were playing against war god who can juggle high enough to get a meaty out.

What Finesse is doing is setups vs people who have no idea that they must tech roll, judging from how he didn't reply or understand my posts on whether he actually tested his setups or plays knowledgeable competition considering I ask him one thing and he replies with completely random things.

So no, nothing is "safe to say". This tech was absolutely needed for war god so he can stand a chance in some matchups.
Yea n tech roll wouldn't help either in so ur obviously missing the point...I would love to play u since ur so knowledgeable XBL mefinesse28 I'll be home around 7

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm sorry so what is it that I'm saying here that is making you think that I don't understand that it helps him, in every single match up? That's exactly what I'm saying,and it's a tool that I don't think KK should have in any of his variations, I think there should be at least OPTIONS, especially if you have a meter stored for it without it being thrown away for nothing because of a meterless ridiculous Oki, and judging by this change and a few others in the patch, apparently NRS thinks so too. I'm not sure what quality interactions you are getting from any other fighting games that did otherwise and had the same or even similar gameplay focus and execution that this has, so since you mentioned other games, care to provide me with any sort of specific here as to a good example of a quality interaction that I should know of from playing other games that should have made it so obvious to me that that Kotals is a good thing?

Sigh. And I guess I'll just repeat once again, that I have literally not once said otherwise. Here I'll quote what I just said in my last post "And are you just going to keep saying it? because I've never said otherwise." On top of this, nothing I've said makes any difference if it applies to Kotal as a whole, or just War God, it's silly regardless, and I'm literally clueless to why you keep adamantly stating that this is War God specific like it makes it any better.

Inb4 your next response mentions that it's specific to War God. Thanks Qwark, we got it.
God forbid he spends 2 bars to make his opponent block for 8 seconds.

With your logic you would call joker's 100% inescapable reset a silly interaction even though he's one of the worst in the game.