What's new

Combo Video - Sun God Kotal kahn Sun God 43% No Meter

Why the fuck are you people going apeshit about him getting 43% using a damage buff and an unsafe launcher in the corner?

Who in here do you see losing their shits over this combo? I can definitely tell you it's not the people who are actually going to use Kotal Kahn in the long run.

The launcher came after a jip, but as stated earlier there are much better combos that he can do that have already been posted in this thread. The video in the OP is merely a taste of what lies ahead.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Ghawdleighke dmg. Kotal will be impressive once a pro picks him up and shows us his potential.

lol what the
havent seen a kotal player online though so far
he doesnt seem like a popular character to pick up
but now I am scared lol

BRUTALITY

Banned
Cool stuff, but it is frustrating to see peoples reaction. I personally feel like the words OP buff nerf under powered and probably plenty other terms should be banned from all MKX discussion for 6 months at least ,or maybe just until after EVO.
I know it won't happen but I can dream.
ur right he should b normalized.

I have a 60% 1 meter with blood + totem. I've never had the occasion to use it against good players (they just play defensively or outzone you or break your combo). Trust me, he has weaknesses. He doesn't have good zoning, and his mixups are not that great (except in war god).
so I take it his aztec shield isnt good against zoning? that was one of the reasons I wanted to try him

damn I thought that thing worked on projectiles, is he fast enough to deal with pressure? im worried hell be too slow and get locked up by scorpion/kung lao type shenanigans

regulas

Your Emporer
Don't be getting to crazy with the blood. It deals what like 10% to yourself and how much dmg do you get from it? 15% total (50%+ on three hits, odds are 10-15% average?), so you r only really getting like 5% of advantage.

Also you need some way to actually activate the blood buff, and consider that if it's the first three hits if you do anything like poke or jab or heck if they just block your string then your probably going to end up doing little to no damage from it and just loosing out.

Honestly I see the buff more as a chip-out tool then a combo tool. If they are low you use it and then just hit them with heavy block tools or throws or sweeps so the added chip is enough to finish them.

ahg1992

Noob
I think the self-damage would be decent as a combo ender of any sequence where the opponent has no/low meter or in a combo that ends in the corner.
The run-in/corner game could get real nasty with Kotal when he has his buff on.

Also, any word on if obsidian totem mitigates the self-damage from the buff?
Using it mid-combo when you know you're going to end in self-damage for a setup at the end could be pretty cool if it does, depending on how much it reduces.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Why the fuck are you people going apeshit about him getting 43% using a damage buff and an unsafe launcher in the corner?
If he can get that damage buff off amongst all the other crazy shit some of the characters in this game are capable of I say let him have the 43%. Look at how punishable his moves seem.. And slow on start up to boot.