General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn needs BUFFS

Do you think Kotal Kahn need buffs?

• Yes ASAP

• No, he is fine

• No way, he needs nerfs

Results are only viewable after voting.

regulas

Your Emporer
Definitely! I'm kind of wondering if blood totem disappearing when you get damaged is a bug as well. I can't understand why mechanically it works radically different from the other two totems.

Aside from it being bugged and being considered the weakest of the three variations. Its my favorite variation, because its so unique.
I think maybe it's meant primarily just to be a drain their meter move, with the healing aspects as a bonus if you can keep it up the whole duration? That being said the drain seems bugged anyway so it's not even that good at that.

I think maybe it's meant primarily just to be a drain their meter move, with the healing aspects as a bonus if you can keep it up the whole duration? That being said the drain seems bugged anyway so it's not even that good at that.
Well the thing is, everything it does is dependent upon how much damage you do. Blood totem does three things or at least its suppose to:

1. Drain the opponents meter with every attack you connect
2. Give you meter at the end of the duration
3. Give you health at the end of the duration

If you test it yourself, you'll see that if you drop blood totem and sit back and do nothing. Then you will get no health or meter. If you do one N1 attack. Then you will see that you gain a tiny bit of meter and health. But if you do a lot of damage then you will see you gain a large chunk of meter and health. From what I understand there is a cap to how much meter and health you can gain before it stops. But its all related to how much damage you do.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Blood God:
-Change the meter totem (db3, which is useless) to an armor totem. Allow Kotal one hit of armor after activation to last until he's hit or give him Jason armor and when the totem is depleted, he's open for full combo, keeping him high risk, high reward.
-Blood Sacrifice takes 5-7% from Kotal in this variation instead of 10% OR allow this variation to meter burn the move and gain 5 hits with a damage buff instead of 3.

if you want Blood Offering to do less damage in blood god, here's a tip, put on obsidian totem and get the damage boost for 6.6% instead of 10.......your welcome TYM.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
I think that people need to focus on buffs for kenshi, mileena, and kitana first. Mostly because they suck regardless of the variation chosen.

D. R.

Noob
if you want Blood Offering to do less damage in blood god, here's a tip, put on obsidian totem and get the damage boost for 6.6% instead of 10.......your welcome TYM.
*you're

Thank you captain obvious. Now here's a tip, if you're going to be a smartass, learn to spell. ;)

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Since we are making up buffs can I get a teleport that has 2 frames of recovery? His mobility is cheeks, its not like he has one of the fastest runs in the game, or forward walk speed, or phenomenal back dash. Or any options at all in sun god and blood god.

Can I get prepatch superman?

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
The only changes I think Kotal Kahn really need:

Universal:
  • Maybe make a few of his strings, specifically b122, and f1b2 slightly safe on block. Just my opinion.
Sun God:
  • MB db2: Should automatically do grab level 2 or 3, or at least do more damage. Currently there seems to be no reason to MB this move.
  • fdb1: Grant more meter, and slightly more health on MB
Blood God:
  • Fix Blood Totem so it does what it says and depletes the opponent's super meter on hit and DOESN'T go away if Kotal Kahn is hit.

Last edited:

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
The only changes I think Kotal Kahn really need:

Universal:
  • Maybe make a few of his strings, specifically b122, and f1b2 slightly safe on block. Just my opinion.
Sun God:
  • MB db2: Should automatically do grab level 2 or 3, or at least do more damage. Currently there seems to be no reason to MB this move.
  • fdb1: Grant more meter, and slightly more health on MB
Blood God:
  • Fix Blood Totem so it does what it says and depletes the opponent's super meter on hit and DOESN'T go away if Kotal Kahn is hit.
sun god MB df2 has armor, great for wake up and interrupting pressure

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
I believe Kotal isn't too bad. His War God is very solid and doesn't need any buffs. His other two variations may not be as strong, but the way I see things, it's a matter of how hard you want to work.

War God = Easy
Sun God = Medium
Blood God = Hard

All variations are viable imo, you'll just have to play smarter and have stronger footsies to use the weaker ones.

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
There are two things I wished would happen:

1) Consistent AA (Which he has now gotten with his d2 buffs)

2)A quick enough string to widen his punishing horizons. Nit even big damage, just something to wisen your opponent.

regulas

Your Emporer
I believe Kotal isn't too bad. His War God is very solid and doesn't need any buffs. His other two variations may not be as strong, but the way I see things, it's a matter of how hard you want to work.

War God = Easy
Sun God = Medium
Blood God = Hard

All variations are viable imo, you'll just have to play smarter and have stronger footsies to use the weaker ones.
Ya, War God is fine because he has tools. For the rest; it's long been proven in fighting games that high damage characters rarely ever place highly. A big part of the reason is that combo's mean "lower damage characters" actually deal just as much damage as a "high damage" character like Blood god, only they have a mountain of tools to boot. As they are now even though i love them and it makes for great training the other two just are not competitive viable. This is more of a design issue then a balance one though. If blood god got armor, or if Sun god got fast sun rays or anything else that would give them some extra tools to apply pressure or attacks they would be much better.

Also if you are slightly better then a player who is playing an easy char and your using a hard one, you will have a net result that is weaker then they are. For a Harder character to be balanced he actually needs to be slightly stronger then an easier character, because a player won't eb bringing out the maximum as often.

I say blood god is a lost cause but sun God should get
Faster recovery and start up on disk.
It would be nice if the overhead dual hammer fist would either juggle or stun for a block string.
Projectiles just need help in general, and yes that sun ray can be punished even after ending a combo with it!
War got needs that db3 faster too!

I think blood god is alright. But its hard too tell how good it is since blood totem is bugged. The only change I can think of that would be a good addition and logical, is sun/god ray benefit from crystal totem and blood sacrifice. Its kind of strange how it doesn't scale with damage modifiers.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've learned to low chip into his Sun Throw. It makes him a hassle without really having much of a need for anything else to work with. I just wish it was easier to punish neutral jumps and jumping away.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Kotal, as well as all the current so-called mid-tiers are fine.

The ones who need touching are characters who are eaily rewarded for very little effort. Whether those characters are the current so-called top-tier or not, IDC. If you get 40% off a safe 50/50 then either your damage needs nerfs or your frames do.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Id say give him some decent buffs to compete better.
Kotal is too cool of a character to be mid tier :/ hell it seems like i hit more Ferra Torrs than Kahns