Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
i know ppl are overhyped and so, but lets say...

1,1,4 still whiffs, even on male.

War god still have all the gaps, but they fix the the armor spam on block, this is a huge buff for us.

I still cant parry string reliable, and its still not a good wakeup movie, but can work against zooners, but some projectiles like shinok gun or jax rockets, sometimes its dificult, especially online.

i dont know, maybe im doing the art of parry wrong

im not downplaying, they gave us some good stuff (f12 safe and better airgrab).

the parry sounds like athe classic parry for me

I still prefer war god too

peace
totally agree..

I hope, that on some day Sun God and Blood God will be equal to War God (at least (!!!)).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
"hard knockdown" change on swordquake for wargod does not feel very hard. I mean df2 chop is hard knockdown and they are on the ground for a fair little bit, swordquake is maybe half that.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
i know ppl are overhyped and so, but lets say...

1,1,4 still whiffs, even on male.

War god still have all the gaps, but they fix the the armor spam on block, this is a huge buff for us.

I still cant parry string reliable, and its still not a good wakeup movie, but can work against zooners, but some projectiles like shinok gun or jax rockets, sometimes its dificult, especially online.

i dont know, maybe im doing the art of parry wrong

im not downplaying, they gave us some good stuff (f12 safe and better airgrab).

the parry sounds like athe classic parry for me

I still prefer war god too

peace
His main gap is gone. His best string now has an uninterruptable option. The OH is guaranteed and they can armor the low.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Jesus Christ. Sun God gets two grab buffs after f34 and nothing in the game can punish him for doing it. Which means you have a free level 3 loaded for hitting it once.

EDIT: Discovered if they use a super long ranged special move after tech rolling they can punish. But only a few characters can do this.

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Ugh playing against a Quan chi who knows oh sword is punishable by rune just makes me wanna put a bullet in my head.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Jesus Christ. Sun God gets two grab buffs after f34 and nothing in the game can punish him for doing it. Which means you have a free level 3 loaded for hitting it once.

EDIT: Discovered if they use a super long ranged special move after tech rolling they can punish. But only a few characters can do this.
Not if people techroll. It may only work on certain characters.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Not if people techroll. It may only work on certain characters.
Yeah that's what the edit was for. Only characters with very long reaching and fast specials or teleports can punish it since the tech roll rolls them very far away and late. This is totally legit against many characters.

Redux

Ex Phase
starting to get into sun god and I'm wondering if there's any players to watch that I can find sets of on youtube or twitch?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
So, yesterday I was messing around with Kotal Kahn (BG) new buffs from the latest patch and I was wondering, do anybody do: HKD, EX Sunray, B1 tick-throw and meter-burn it to do a standing reset?

It would seem to do a lot of chip damage while keeping up the pressure against your opponent, don't know how useful isbut maybe if you use it against characterswith weak poking or armor options...

So I was in the lab trying to do some frame traps with Kotal but they don't seem to be working. With the opponent blocking in the corner I thought you could do b122, mb df3, RC, 114 df1 rinse and repeat as long as you still have meter but I find I can still poke out of the pressure between the RC and 114. I'm using a 6 frame d1 to poke out.

Now is this because 1 in the 114 string is a high so the d1 causes the first hit to whiff or is it because I'm not doing the RC into 114 fast enough OR is it because this is not a true frame trap? @Qwark28 @Pnut @LeeVanDam @STB Hellbringer @Rampage254

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So I was in the lab trying to do some frame traps with Kotal but they don't seem to be working. With the opponent blocking in the corner I thought you could do b122, mb df3, RC, 114 df1 rinse and repeat as long as you still have meter but I find I can still poke out of the pressure between the RC and 114. I'm using a 6 frame d1 to poke out.

Now is this because 1 in the 114 string is a high so the d1 causes the first hit to whiff or is it because I'm not doing the RC into 114 fast enough OR is it because this is not a true frame trap? @Qwark28 @Pnut @LeeVanDam @STB Hellbringer @Rampage254
Not fast enough.

Sunstone into 114 is a frametrap even midscreen if done fast enough. You can't loop b122 sunstone because you can poke it on reaction.

Not fast enough.

Sunstone into 114 is a frametrap even midscreen if done fast enough. You can't loop b122 sunstone because you can poke it on reaction.
Ok, that's what I figured. I really wish it was a true frametrap. It would add some ridiculous pressure scenarios to Kotal

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
So, yesterday I was messing around with Kotal Kahn (BG) new buffs from the latest patch and I was wondering, do anybody do: HKD, EX Sunray, B1 tick-throw and meter-burn it to do a standing reset?

It would seem to do a lot of chip damage while keeping up the pressure against your opponent, don't know how useful isbut maybe if you use it against characterswith weak poking or armor options...
Sun light has a full second of recovery ... good luck

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
The problem is that you won't be at advantage after the Ray to do the B1. Also, besides perhaps throw, BG doesn't have any mixups after a MB throw.

Jeffrey Wolf

There are a few safe Sun Ray setups, but there's usually something better you can be doing with that advantage. For example, finishing the 114 combo for more damage, running up and pressuring your opponent, throwing your sword in WG, getting a stack in SG, summoning a totem with BG, etc.

Ray can be useful now and then (e.g. getting the first hit, killing a near death opponent, and in some corner setups), but, as mentioned, it's a move you need to be very careful about throwing out. Otherwise, you're going to eat a big punish.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Sun Ray is built for closing out matches. It's not at all built for combos or pressure or anything except trying to get in unbreakable damage and finalize a round or match.

Jeffrey Wolf

In case you're curious, F34 and B122, on hit, both lead to safe Offering/Ray setups, which can be good when you don't have meter to spare with BG and SG.