What's new

Konquer menu guy (Who is he?)

Lun

proud TERF!
I think he's supposed to embody the vain, prissy prettyboy archetype, like all those guys you see on the front covers of trashy romance novels. Like Vega in SF.

So yeah, not too far off from genderswapped Kitana.
I disagree because if he really were like that, I'd find him creative!

This would be such a unique way to introduce a brand new ninja. Not that it would make sense but still. I wouldn’t be mad at it, given he has something to offer.

I have given it some thought that this if he’s an NPC. The in-game reason he never becomes playable or in lore is because after you collect everything, Shang takes his soul. Then their explanation is, don’t worry about that guy. His soul was taken and he’s gone af. Then his name doesn’t really matter.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
In my head canon it is Rain (I just wrote Smoke... I really want Smoke in MK11), who is on Shang Tsungs island to obtain more power and destroy all of his enemies to become the one true ruler of Outworld, as well as all the other realms.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'll say it again. He brings NOTHING NEW to the table. The farts and pukes of Bo'Rai Cho? They bring something new.

But it's a lost cause. The masses want cool&edgy characters who are 2cool4skool; they don't really appreciate designs. I mean, MK11 Noob Saibot looks like an intentional joke character to me, but some people take this superdark darkest emo self-stabbing skull-wearing shadow death metal vocalist..... as a serious cool guy.
I'm sorry darling, but you just have a very sucky taste, if you don't like Rain, ok, but Noob Saibot in mk11? I'm just glad I have a very different taste than you have! :-S

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I disagree because if he really were like that, I'd find him creative!
It doesn't matter if you and I agree or not, the point is the character's potential. You're like that gal telling Tremor fans Tremor sucks (before MKX) while the Tremor fans are saying "nonono just imagine what he WOULD be like if he was done seriously."

But anyway I'm just going off the best argument I've heard. I'll let Rain fans speak for themselves.

Reactions: Zev

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
As for the topic, if this is a younger/different incarnation of a returning character, in theory he could be Kenshi before he was blinded? Although Shang actually did outright introduce himself to him so that wouldn't really match up.

Either way, I hope there's plenty of interesting plot twists to come from this mode however it progresses.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I don't understand why many people seem to want Rain. He brings nothing new to the table.
Edenian royalty? We already have Kitana. Ninja warrior? We have plenty. Weather powers? Hello Raiden and Fujin. Watery powers? Sub-Zero and Frost.

He's useless. Heck, Jacqui brings more new stuff to the fighting table than him.
Not a fan of him myself. I only played him in MK9 if I wanted to troll my friend by splashing him with the lame Dan Hibiki Gadoken Watergun to the face, lol. Apparently alot of people on the forums REALLY REALLY like the color purple, lol. The most outspoken one (Cyrus) usually cites the list of Weather powers, purple, him being the only cool (subjectively) male Edenian, and also being kind of a narcisist. In actual canon he is more frequently described as arrogant but also cowardly. To me, he's like Starscream from Transformers or similar characters. EXTREMELY over-entitled and believes power and command should be his by birthright but if challenged/insulted will usually just betray who ever is near him just to save his own skin. Pairing him with Tanya was a great touch as they are BOTH that same exact character type and will ultimately betray each other over and over to get ahead because they both believe they are entitled to it because of who their daddies are (a god for Rain, a royal ambassador for Tanya).

Cassie Cyrus

It is funny, as I'm the most outspoken one, Rain isn't even in my own top 5 characters lol!

I just want him for the conversations, intro's and story potential this character has, and I really like characters which I haven't seen a while, like Fujin, Rain, Reiko and Havik.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
It is funny, as I'm the most outspoken one, Rain isn't even in my own top 5 characters lol!

I just want him for the conversations, intro's and story potential this character has, and I really like characters which I haven't seen a while, like Fujin, Rain, Reiko and Havik.
It may be funny as hell but at least on this board it's true. The other board I look at that you left awhile ago has more Rain fans that post a ton but never really do him favors as they sound just as over entitled as Rain and Tanya do. No surprise alot of Rain fans are also Tanya fans, lol. I mean they obviously have a type. Maybe they relate to cowardly traitors who constantly whine "Give me power! I deserve it! Do you KNOW who I am? Who my daddy is?" They are the Karens of MK and they want to see the manager NOW!

P.s. NO offense towards Rain fans who are not self-entitled bitches. I'm sorry that you are so outnumbered and the others are ruining your shot at seeing your fav in a serious role or roster.

Cassie Cyrus

I love backstabbing characters though, Tanya is actually in my top 5 characters of all time for this reason, also I mostly like Edenians, I don't even know why, I like them all spare for Taven and Daegon.

But my ultimate favorite character is Mileena, as she was the reason I started to love Mortal Kombat, Sektor, D'Vorah, Noob Saibot and Tanya aren't far behind though.

Yes, I'm a sucker for both Mileena and D'Vorah, I don't care that D'Vorah killed Mileena, that is NRS doing, not the character lol

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I love backstabbing characters though, Tanya is actually in my top 5 characters of all time for this reason, also I mostly like Edenians, I don't even know why, I like them all spare for Taven and Daegon.

But my ultimate favorite character is Mileena, as she was the reason I started to love Mortal Kombat, Sektor, D'Vorah, Noob Saibot and Tanya aren't far behind though.

Yes, I'm a sucker for both Mileena and D'Vorah, I don't care that D'Vorah killed Mileena, that is NRS doing, not the character lol
You like all of the Edenians besides Taven and Daegon because while the others are all awesome or at least decent, Taven and Daegon were both shameful disappointments to their family and realm and were hopefully forced to commit Seppuku (Hara Kiri if you must be vulgar).

Mileena is cool and I hope she's at LEAST DLC just to have the Klassic Kunoichi Triad back in the game together. I personally love Kitana more and Mileena is to her what Scorpion and Sub are to each other. 'Course in the new story snippets shown maybe Scorp and Sub are finally teaming up and being more like Kitana/Jade, lol. I DEFINITELY developed a thing for ninja-babes with fan weapons as I also play Mai Shiranui in FF/KOF. I'm free to Ghost Rider/Spawn/Kratos archetypes because of my love for Scorpion and I'm free to fan weilding Kunoichi because of Kitana, lmao. Mileena is up there though. I need her, Reptile, and Smoke as Klassic DLC to complete the MK1-2 roster. Noob and Shang made me giddy. I don't get giddy.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
It may be funny as hell but at least on this board it's true. The other board I look at that you left awhile ago has more Rain fans that post a ton but never really do him favors as they sound just as over entitled as Rain and Tanya do. No surprise alot of Rain fans are also Tanya fans, lol. I mean they obviously have a type. Maybe they relate to cowardly traitors who constantly whine "Give me power! I deserve it! Do you KNOW who I am? Who my daddy is?" They are the Karens of MK and they want to see the manager NOW!

P.s. NO offense towards Rain fans who are not self-entitled bitches. I'm sorry that you are so outnumbered and the others are ruining your shot at seeing your fav in a serious role or roster.
As a non self entitled bitch fan like myself. I see WAY more people bitch about Rain fans or hate on the thought of Rain being in the game than actually Rain fans being annoying or toxic. Rain IS the most teased character over the last 8 years. It only makes sense for people to want to play as him or THINK he'll actually be put in the game. The only time Rain fans even talk most the time is either cus someone teased/hinted him or someone is bashing him.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
As a non self entitled bitch fan like myself. I see WAY more people bitch about Rain fans or hate on the thought of Rain being in the game than actually Rain fans being annoying or toxic. Rain IS the most teased character over the last 8 years. It only makes sense for people to want to play as him or THINK he'll actually be put in the game. The only time Rain fans even talk most the time is either cus someone teased/hinted him or someone is bashing him.
Fair 'nough. If Rain were in I wouldn't be screaming wasted spot. I'd feel that way more about Shinnok, lol. He's tried being end boss twice now and fell flat both times for me. He's just NOT a replacement for Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn (and now we have both!). Hopefully Kronika is badass and not boring and lame like Shinnok.

Cassie Cyrus

You like all of the Edenians besides Taven and Daegon because while the others are all awesome or at least decent, Taven and Daegon were both shameful disappointments to their family and realm and were hopefully forced to commit Seppuku (Hara Kiri if you must be vulgar).

Mileena is cool and I hope she's at LEAST DLC just to have the Klassic Kunoichi Triad back in the game together. I personally love Kitana more and Mileena is to her what Scorpion and Sub are to each other. 'Course in the new story snippets shown maybe Scorp and Sub are finally teaming up and being more like Kitana/Jade, lol. I DEFINITELY developed a thing for ninja-babes with fan weapons as I also play Mai Shiranui in FF/KOF. I'm free to Ghost Rider/Spawn/Kratos archetypes because of my love for Scorpion and I'm free to fan weilding Kunoichi because of Kitana, lmao. Mileena is up there though. I need her, Reptile, and Smoke as Klassic DLC to complete the MK1-2 roster. Noob and Shang made me giddy. I don't get giddy.
I like Kitana just as much, MK9 just put a very bad taste in my mouth for Kitana... THey really destroyed her, MKX made her somewhat better again (the non revenant version though, I don't like Kitana evil)

I always loved Kitana's weapons, I was obsessed with them back in the 90ties, the most original weapons of all, I also loved her kiss of death fatality lol.

I first saw Mileena's MK2 fatality when I was young, so I thought ALL the masked-ninja-like characters had strange looks underneath their masks, I thought Kitana was like a very old grandma underneath her mask when I was a kid, because she was 10.000 years old lol. At that time it seemed the pixels were just not as good lol, so it appeared to be an old woman underneath the mask.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Fair 'nough. If Rain were in I wouldn't be screaming wasted spot. I'd feel that way more about Shinnok, lol. He's tried being end boss twice now and fell flat both times for me. He's just NOT a replacement for Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn (and now we have both!). Hopefully Kronika is badass and not boring and lame like Shinnok.
I thought MKX did a lot to redeem Shinnok. For the first time he seemed like a credible threat, especially with Tory Baker's voice acting. Troy was brilliant in that game. The range! The depth!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I like Kitana just as much, MK9 just put a very bad taste in my mouth for Kitana... THey really destroyed her, MKX made her somewhat better again (the non revenant version though, I don't like Kitana evil)

I always loved Kitana's weapons, I was obsessed with them back in the 90ties, the most original weapons of all, I also loved her kiss of death fatality lol.

I first saw Mileena's MK2 fatality when I was young, so I thought ALL the masked-ninja-like characters had strange looks underneath their masks, I thought Kitana was like a very old grandma underneath her mask when I was a kid, because she was 10.000 years old lol. At that time it seemed the pixels were just not as good lol, so it appeared to be an old woman underneath the mask.
Yeah I've disliked the "princess first, kunoichi second" approach they've taken since Deadly Alliance. In MK2-4, she was a "princess" the way you would describe an Amazon/Spartan warrior queen. The Princess of Murdering your face without mercy. Now she loses EVERY battle and is simply the damsel in distress.

pure.Wasted

I suspect that's actually one of the reasons NRS is reluctant to make him playable.

They (correctly?) predict that a lot of people saying they want him, have no intention of sinking any meaningful playtime into him.

pure.Wasted

Now she loses EVERY battle and is simply the damsel in distress.
Not... really?

Kitana had a chapter in MK9 where she kicked ass, same as Jade, Smoke, Kung Lao, Johnny, Jax, Sonya, Scorpion, and most other good guys. And more than Mileena. Yeah she got rescued by her friend at one point, but so did Jax and Sonya and no one holds it against them.

In MKX, yeah, she was a jobber who only lost fights, but so were Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Smoke, Sindel. She was in excellent company. Nobody walked away from MKX thinking "wow Kitana obviously sucks." It just wasn't her time to shine.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Hopefully it's the Kollector. Would make that dumb ass name make sense since he's the guy ur using to build ur in-game Kollection. He can get corrupted throughout the journey or something and end up looking like what we've seen.
The Kollector was my first thought as well. He is definitely a younger version of someone we know/heard of, or he's a brand new character that I think will be fleshed out as you go throughout the Krypt. I don't think he's just some random avatar, lore wise.

Lun

proud TERF!
It doesn't matter if you and I agree or not, the point is the character's potential. You're like that gal telling Tremor fans Tremor sucks (before MKX) while the Tremor fans are saying "nonono just imagine what he WOULD be like if he was done seriously."

Sure, but then we have characters like Johnny Cage or Shang Tsung who have been "done right" since their first game.

Not that I don't agree, Rain can be improved. But I think it'll end up a Noob Saibot situation: sure, I like MK11 Noob more than his previous versions, but he still didn't suddenly become one of my most favorites.

Lun

proud TERF!
I suspect that's actually one of the reasons NRS is reluctant to make him playable.

They (correctly?) predict that a lot of people saying they want him, have no intention of sinking any meaningful playtime into him.
This, too. It's one of those meme-gone-wild situations when likely 90% of the people clamoring for Rain aren't gonna main him or anything.