What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Coming Soon? Maximilian's Video About MKX's Future DLC

The real question is, why are people so bloody pissed over a 5 minute video that no one forced them to watch...
Because it's information that everyone knew already, so why is it front paged? The only interesting thing about it is that Ed retweeted it which could have easily went into the Ed twitter watch thread or whatever. Nothing special about it
The key point here is Boon tweeting it, not the video itself. That part is exciting.

(SINDEL KONFIRMED???!!??)
cyseksmoktorax confirmed

Put it this way, I knew the full roster of MKX back in February this year because of close sources I know of in the gaming industry and will tell you now. There is no extra DLC, KP2 or whatever you wanna call it planned.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Max is so behind I don't even know why he tries to post MKX videos. (Or anything not 3S/KI related but meh I'll leave that out.)

We had videos two months ago rumoring about these characters being playable in the future. Here's what pisses me off. Lately, his clickbait material for vids have increased. He obviously gets his sources from other people because they have it out earlier than he does, and right now he's doing a "Predator Tribute" on his channel.

So, a guest character meant more to you than the original cast of the game. Great. You know, I don't really know how to feel about that. I mean, that is HIS prerogative. But I see him get all this donation money and I feel like with a job at IG why does he even need that much. I'm happy he at least donates some of it to people who need it.

As for this being a front page thing, it's likely due to the fact Boon RTed it, the only important thing tbh. I wouldn't of even watched it had he not, only that it confirmed what I thought at launch date if they do make a KP2.

If they don't, wasted opportunity because that might be the only thing that keeps MKX afloat until IGAU 2 before numbers dwindle to the usual suspects who play NRS no matter what. (As in most of you guys on here.)

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Put it this way, I knew the full roster of MKX back in February this year because of close sources I know of in the gaming industry and will tell you now. There is no extra DLC, KP2 or whatever you wanna call it planned.
Oh, I'm sure it wasn't planned. But I'm pretty sure it's coming.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Whether this was known or not is fucking irrelevant, people. Some people aren't up to speed on this type of thing. Stop being assholes.
Oh so you mean the casuals.

Tbh I have to say: He is really good at educating casuals on some things. That's about it. However, most casual MK fans knew about this even before Max made the vid. No one's surprised here. (I would hope.)

I wouldn't even take a dig at Max for making the vid. I take digs at him for other things, but hey. You're right. Casual fan #264 probably wasn't aware so this vid had to exist instead of giving someone else the credit and promoting their vid.

Again the only reason this is news is because Boon. (And the fact Max is so heavily tied into the FGC despite doing nothing of note recently aside from working at IG so of course he would get RTed after meeting the NRS devs awhile back.)

Not arguing, obviously you have a point, but there's a reason to dislike this for me.

MORDECA1

Noob
Why Spawn? What's so great about Spawn?

I love Michael Jai White, but that movie was a piece of crap.
Yeah lol. I know its silly because I have never been particularly interested in comics either. But I clearly remember the first time I saw the character, I think he is legit the coolest comic book character ever drawn. And on top of always loving the way the character looks, i think he fits in great.

I am not a long time fighting game player. I can understand where some of you hardcore people are coming from with not wanting the guest characters. But I really want Spawn.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yeah lol. I know its silly because I have never been particularly interested in comics either. But I clearly remember the first time I saw the character, I think he is legit the coolest comic book character ever drawn. And on top of always loving the way the character looks, i think he fits in great.

I am not a long time fighting game player. I can understand where some of you hardcore people are coming from with not wanting the guest characters. But I really want Spawn.
You're certainly in the minority here.

Spawn getting in would piss most real fans off.

MORDECA1

Noob
Oh so you mean the casuals.

Tbh I have to say: He is really good at educating casuals on some things. That's about it. However, most casual MK fans knew about this even before Max made the vid. No one's surprised here. (I would hope.)

I wouldn't even take a dig at Max for making the vid. I take digs at him for other things, but hey. You're right. Casual fan #264 probably wasn't aware so this vid had to exist instead of giving someone else the credit and promoting their vid.

Again the only reason this is news is because Boon. (And the fact Max is so heavily tied into the FGC despite doing nothing of note recently aside from working at IG so of course he would get RTed after meeting the NRS devs awhile back.)

Not arguing, obviously you have a point, but there's a reason to dislike this for me.
You really have a poor understanding of how this stuff works. Casuals make up the vast majority. That is what will get viewers. So your remark about how - maybe probably a casual fan #264 didn't know what Max posted - doesn't make any sense does it? A LOT of people don't know about it, in fact probably most. But most of them don't hang out on these forums, so it has given you a warped view where you and other hardcore players are the norm.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
So Maximilian has said even what the casuals of GameFAQs have been saying for two-three months on speculation of a second kombat pack. Good on him for getting noticed though I guess.

MORDECA1

Noob
You're certainly in the minority here.

Spawn getting in would piss most real fans off.
Yeah, that is why i have to post that I want Spawn in the game so much. To fight back!
But I don't know if I am in the minority elsewhere, know what I mean? You think if we could poll all MKX players that most would prefer to have 4 MKX lore characters? Or would they prefer 3 and Spawn?

I really don't know.