What's new

Kombat league needs to be fixed

It’s absolutely ridiculous that you lose points at all. It makes it almost impossible to the highest ranks and unlock those gears and skins. A lot of us don’t have that kind of time to grind. They should at least make the kombat league gear and skins available in the store.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
The only thing that I really don't want is the points decay after some days of inactivity.
I reach Demi God and want to take a break, but I can't... and feel to be forced to play if I want to keep my rank.

Agilaz

It has begun
If you didn't lose points then it wouldn't be much of a league would it? Every yolo scrub that mashes buttons when they get hit would end up in Elder God based purely on how MUCH they play, not how WELL they play.

They already lowered the amount you lose, which is fine, it's all the change points needed. Now they only need to fix matchmaking, cause it makes no sense for someone in DG to be matched with masters, especially when there's already over a thousang players in DG. Like seriously, you couldn't find ANYBODY in my rank??

Zviko

Noob
If you didn't lose points then it wouldn't be much of a league would it? Every yolo scrub that mashes buttons when they get hit would end up in Elder God based purely on how MUCH they play, not how WELL they play.

They already lowered the amount you lose, which is fine, it's all the change points needed. Now they only need to fix matchmaking, cause it makes no sense for someone in DG to be matched with masters, especially when there's already over a thousang players in DG. Like seriously, you couldn't find ANYBODY in my rank??
Even if it finds someone way below your rank, they might actually be DG player or even higher. Which means you lose a lot more than you should've.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
The only thing that I really don't want is the points decay after some days of inactivity.
I reach Demi God and want to take a break, but I can't... and feel to be forced to play if I want to keep my rank.
I thought your rank for achievements stays at highest rank you ever reached regardless of point loss or decay?

The point decay IS way too much lmao

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The rewards are there for people who want them and will grind the league for them. They're 'exclusive' to the mode and if you think they should hand them out for free them what the heck is the point of even playing? If you don't have time, then tough luck buddy. Besides, NRS runs Krypt events where you can unlock KL gear like every other week.

I haven't played KL in months and I ain't missing vital parts of a game, it's just gear.

Bruh, how do the points and matchmaking even work? Last night I got paired with a guy who was a Demi God (I'm at Grandmaster), got 80 something points for winning (I would have only got 20-30) and had a 80 something percent chance of winning. The potential reward for whoever won was stacked waaaayyy in his favor, it makes no sense to me.

I understand why they lock some gear behind skill/grinding... but my frustration is why there are no other ways to get this gear for those who don’t have the time and/or skill.

Has anyone proven you can get to the top rank playing only five games a day? What about the minimum amount you would need to play?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
It exists how it exists. I just wish they went with a regular ranked mode instead of seasons of a month where I gotta climb back up each time. Just sit me in Gold Rank, and instead have the season rewards come from some KL currency I get from playing ranked instead of grinding up to the top each time.

Jbog

Noob
this game sucjs online period without a major overhaul of pokes and plus frames it will always suck. 7 frames should be punishable by a 6 on block but not with this game

It’s absolutely ridiculous that you lose points at all. It makes it almost impossible to the highest ranks and unlock those gears and skins.
I can accept losing points until I feel it's fair. But it's not. And I'm not talking about losing 5, 15 or 25 points. I'm talking about those fucking disgusting, annoying +10/-50 matches!

Bruh, how do the points and matchmaking even work? Last night I got paired with a guy who was a Demi God (I'm at Grandmaster), got 80 something points for winning (I would have only got 20-30) and had a 80 something percent chance of winning. The potential reward for whoever won was stacked waaaayyy in his favor, it makes no sense to me.
The idea is this: if you're Grandmaster and you play against a Demi God, it's 80-something for you (the lower ranked player) and it's 10-20 for the higher ranked player. I'm okay with this although it's based on the false assumption that the higher ranked player is always the more experienced and skilled one so the lower ranked is rewarded for the challenge.

What's fucking not okay is that you lose 50. -50 on an assumption that you fight the easy fight. So every damn late starter Demi God and God can wipe the floor with you, score big (+80-150 points) and YOU LOSE 50 fucking points!!! And even if you win, it's +15 for you, your next game is loss, -25, you win one for +40. then you lose a -50, you're next match is another +20. This is a Daily 5/5 session, +75 for 3 wins, -75 for 2 losses. You wasted an hour, you gained nothing but a stomach ache and it's the usual business on higher ranks.

Boon promised an improved matchmaking that gives you fair fights. Yet you matched with Apprentices when you're Warrior, Warriors when you're Grand Master. It means fucking nothing that you're Grand Master with 80/76 when you're up against a guy with 28/7. Why should I lose 50? Why am I even playing anyone outside MY RANK?

It should be always in you're rank, and it's either +50/-15 for both or if there's a detectable difference in win ratio then let it be +40/-20 for the favorite and +60/-10 for the underdog. That's what I'd call fair matchmaking. When I play a +20/-50 matchup, lose, then I'm paired with the same fucking guy 3 fights later and lose that -50 again, that's fucking bullshit in my book.

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DECLINE ALL OF THESE UNBALANCED MATCHUPS. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! Anyone who wants to play them, let them play it. Anyone who doesn't want this shit, let it be their choice. KL is a rage fest because it's full of random stuff and even the points system is disgusting and you're punished for everything.

• Did you choose your life and spent 72+ hours away for the game? -100 points.
  • You can't find anything but +20/-50 matchups all day? -80 points.
  • You're winning and your opponent pulls plug in the last second of Game 2? Big fucking 0 for your efforts. (I even lost points against pullers, what the actual f...?)
Ranked is the only thing I have any interest in this game and 80% of it is this stinking pile of shit called Kombat League with a week off between two seasons. I can't wait for The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima because hopefully those two games will keep me off of MK11 for a while.

God this rant felt good! Like the sigh of relief when a KL season is finally over...

Just don't worry about the points and play. I see so much salt from people over discord or online about losing a measly 50 points or the decay points send someone into a frenzy.

Seriously, just play the game with a learning mindset and you'll find yourself at DG in no time (seriously, anyone can get to DG). This even includes after taking a bunch of breaks and decaying 200 points or so.

I don't even know what to say to the comment about not losing any points ever. In what universe should you not lose points for losing? That makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
losing 50 points isnt a problem. you can get it right back in the next match. it use to be 150 points you'd lose. id love to see a wifi filter added :)

I can accept losing points until I feel it's fair. But it's not. And I'm not talking about losing 5, 15 or 25 points. I'm talking about those fucking disgusting, annoying +10/-50 matches!

The idea is this: if you're Grandmaster and you play against a Demi God, it's 80-something for you (the lower ranked player) and it's 10-20 for the higher ranked player. I'm okay with this although it's based on the false assumption that the higher ranked player is always the more experienced and skilled one so the lower ranked is rewarded for the challenge.

What's fucking not okay is that you lose 50. -50 on an assumption that you fight the easy fight. So every damn late starter Demi God and God can wipe the floor with you, score big (+80-150 points) and YOU LOSE 50 fucking points!!! And even if you win, it's +15 for you, your next game is loss, -25, you win one for +40. then you lose a -50, you're next match is another +20. This is a Daily 5/5 session, +75 for 3 wins, -75 for 2 losses. You wasted an hour, you gained nothing but a stomach ache and it's the usual business on higher ranks.

Boon promised an improved matchmaking that gives you fair fights. Yet you matched with Apprentices when you're Warrior, Warriors when you're Grand Master. It means fucking nothing that you're Grand Master with 80/76 when you're up against a guy with 28/7. Why should I lose 50? Why am I even playing anyone outside MY RANK?

It should be always in you're rank, and it's either +50/-15 for both or if there's a detectable difference in win ratio then let it be +40/-20 for the favorite and +60/-10 for the underdog. That's what I'd call fair matchmaking. When I play a +20/-50 matchup, lose, then I'm paired with the same fucking guy 3 fights later and lose that -50 again, that's fucking bullshit in my book.

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DECLINE ALL OF THESE UNBALANCED MATCHUPS. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! Anyone who wants to play them, let them play it. Anyone who doesn't want this shit, let it be their choice. KL is a rage fest because it's full of random stuff and even the points system is disgusting and you're punished for everything.

• Did you choose your life and spent 72+ hours away for the game? -100 points.
  • You can't find anything but +20/-50 matchups all day? -80 points.
  • You're winning and your opponent pulls plug in the last second of Game 2? Big fucking 0 for your efforts. (I even lost points against pullers, what the actual f...?)
Ranked is the only thing I have any interest in this game and 80% of it is this stinking pile of shit called Kombat League with a week off between two seasons. I can't wait for The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima because hopefully those two games will keep me off of MK11 for a while.

God this rant felt good! Like the sigh of relief when a KL season is finally over...
Hhahaha the rant was also informative so everyone wins. But yeah, I don't why I got penalised for losing an already mismatched matchup. I really like the idea of +50/-15 for both players if they're both the same rank, it'd make much more sense and keep things consistent.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Severe understatement, it's no wonder my Kombat League poll has 0 leading which I did not anticipate(I figured 1-4 would be leading) but 0 lol is in terms of enjoyment, fun to play etc. Let's just hope that NRS uses their brains in the future and does NOT hide skins, gear pieces behind ranked mode ever again. Literally the dumbest idea they've ever done and I'd gladly tell that to anyone of NRS's faces politely of course. Between that, the flawed point system, dealing with toxic aholes, cheaters, lag switchers, the fact that you lose points after 3 days of not playing(godforbid you have a life outside of MK) and the grinding length of this mode is just not worth playing it. They call it incentive, HA I call it a gimmick.