What's new

Video/Tutorial - TriBorg Kombat Kast: The Cyber Initiative - Cyber Sub-Zero Konfirmed

Wow. Even though I don't care for Cyber Sub Zero at all, that reveal was hype.

Every part of Triborg looks great, though initial projections for me point to Cyrax being the strongest variation.

i hope it's name isnt triborg, or quadborg, or whatever the fuck stupid shit like that....I hope they come up with something else stupid.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I'm assuming you select Cyber Sub by choosing No Variation. I'm happy my two favorite robots are back! Cyrax and CSZ.

I'm assuming you select Cyber Sub by choosing No Variation. I'm happy my two favorite robots are back! Cyrax and CSZ.
Too lazy to boot system up and see myself but I don't think you can select no variation unless in practice mode. I assume its a simple input while selecting either Triborg variation not unlike human smoke from robot in mk3.

Dez bitch talking down on Lord Spawn. Hold up. *pulls up mamajeans*.. First off he was teased. Second off he's Lord Muthafuckin Spawn. Third off He is the only CHARACTER IN HISTORY TO DETHRONE GOD ANNNNNND SATAN! He is the literal definition of MKXs variation system. Fourth off He has the SWAGGIEST cape of ANY Superhero or villian. Fifth off you best watch yo mouth talkin bout Lord Spawn biioootch. Sixth off Because. Seventh off have you never seen the Spawnmovie as a kid or read the comics? Play the Game. Use him in SoulCal. Pfft kill yourself.

#LoveYa #BuffSpawn #4 robots #Don'tKillYourselfIWillNotTakeResposibilityForThatShit.
Lol thank you sir, I thought I was going to have to say it but then I seen your post. Faith in humanity restored...

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Too lazy to boot system up and see myself but I don't think you can select no variation unless in practice mode. I assume its a simple input while selecting either Triborg variation not unlike human smoke from robot in mk3.
You can select no variation without practice mode. On character select, you press up twice (which hides variation) and then press triangle I believe. When the game loads you'll be using a base character.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That Smoke's could string will do some amazing things for him.

get ready for some nasty setups into oh/low/invisibility out of that cloud.

Damn now that I know thats a thing I want to see someone go variation less in a tournament and win a game, would be such a pop off.

evolution07

That Smoke's could string will do some amazing things for him.

get ready for some nasty setups into oh/low/invisibility out of that cloud.
It's going to make smoke dangerous with his cloud, teleports, invisibility and the ability to appear in front or behind you. I love a mixup game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's going to make smoke dangerous with his cloud, teleports, invisibility and the ability to appear in front or behind you. I love a mixup game.
Yeah, the string itself its plus enough and also temporary hides smoke in the cloud allowing the smoke player to do a low combo starter, or a overhead starter.

The best part is that the string is special cancelable, so Smoke can cancel the could string into fully invincibility and apply a unseen overhead or low from there, he can also do cross ups, or crossup lows while at it.

My guess is, his basics BnBs will go around having his smoke bomb has a launcher, then his harpoon for the restand, and the cloud string to apply a mixup post restand, if they guess wrong (smoke has a fast overhead just as a fast low) he will be able to do it again.

So in terms of playstyle, he might be the up close with 50-50 mixup pressure, while sektor has a strong zoning into negating wakeups with his up missiles setups for continued pressure into his ex flame burner, and Cyrax is more of a (come at me bro) type of game with a lot of space control with his bombs, his neural will be insane.

Honestly i don't even want to think that cyrax is the strongest variation right now, of course its way too earlier to tell, but it felt like all 3 are pretty strong IMO.

Last edited:

evolution07

Yeah, the string itself its plus enough and also temporary hides smoke in the cloud allowing the smoke player to do a low combo starter, or a overhead starter.

The best part is that the string is special cancelable, so Smoke can cancel the could string into fully invincibility and apply a unseen overhead or low from there, he can also do cross ups, or crossup lows while at it.

My guess is, his basics BnBs will go around having his smoke bomb has a launcher, then his harpoon for the restand, and the cloud string to apply a mixup post restand, if they guess wrong (smoke has a fast overhead just as a fast low) he will be able to do it again.

So in terms of playstyle, he might be the up close with 50-50 mixup pressure, while sektor has a strong zoning into negating wakeups with his up missiles setups for continued pressure into his ex flame burner, and Cyrax is more of a (come at me bro) type of game with a lot of space control with his bombs, his neural will be insane.

Honestly i don't even want to think that cyrax is the strongest variation right now, of course its way too earlier to tell, but it felt like all 3 are pretty strong IMO.
by default i'm more of a zoner. when i first played street fighter back in the 90s i would use ken / ryu and just spam hadoukens lol. In MKX it's no different; I've been a kitana main from the start, she's basically my best character, but i have picked up others along the way such as Sonya that is more orientated to a rush-down style with 50/50s. IDK what it is about projectiles, but I seem to gravitate towards characters who have a strong use for them.

The cyborgs I think will fit my play style well since it will incorporate zoning, rushdown and 50/50s. Can't wait!