What's new

Kombat Kast 2

Plop

Noob
Imagine if the next Kombat Kast was like:

"TUNE IN THIS FRIDAY FOR OUR LONG AWAITED KOMBAT KAST ITS GONNA BE SICK!!.....

WE'LL BE LOOKING AT SUB-ZERO AND LIU KANG THIS WEEK!!!"

You'd be livid wouldn't you lol :laughing:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

lol .... that was pretty funny .... if that would might remotely happen, I cannot imagine the amount of (justified) hate feedback that would rise up around on all official MK channels in all social medias after that ......

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Yeah. But the thing is. The guy is the head of MK1 marketing AND the community manager at the same time lol. It's written in his profile. He was promoted at the end of last year to do everything at once and MK1 is his first game in this role.

Another proof that people here have no idea who is doing what.
And yes, the logic of appointing employees at WB is awful.

You won't believe it, but the second dude has exactly the same title. The only difference is that you don't see him on screen during Kombat Kasts. In NRS and WB, there are more than 5 employees that we see on the screen. Shocking, I know.
lol, ok. I’m well aware that there are more “5 employees” at NRS, but thanks for pointing that out. My point is that Tyler is our Adam Fletcher (the community manager for Diablo 4) and the level of engagement with the community is black and white. Marketing =/= community management, so the fact that someone I’ve never heard of is in charge of marketing makes no difference.

I’m also aware that it’s probably not Tyler’s fault that we don’t hear from him much, given that the corporate overlords control much of NRS nowadays. My point being, why does WB even bother having a community manager for NRS who doesn’t/isn’t allowed to engage with the fans?

xenogorgeous

lol, ok. I’m well aware that there are more “5 employees” at NRS, but thanks for pointing that out. My point is that Tyler is our Adam Fletcher (the community manager for Diablo 4) and the level of engagement with the community is black and white. Marketing =/= community management, so the fact that someone I’ve never heard of is in charge of marketing makes no difference.

I’m also aware that it’s probably not Tyler’s fault that we don’t hear from him much, given that the corporate overlords control much of NRS nowadays. My point being, why does WB even bother having a community manager for NRS who doesn’t/isn’t allowed to engage with the fans?

your statement is the very true ....

NRS created a job position that, in theory, would be very interesting and useful, but, in the practical field, end being totally worthless and irrelevant , and bring nothing of value, at least, to build up the hype level meter, and to convice you to buy or not the game .....

Instead, it is just confirm that , at each game, their marketing turn over and over , much worse , and that they don't give a fuck for the old school fanbase, and are aiming to the casual generation z or fanatic fanboys that suck their dicks and lick their boots on Twitter, so :p

So let it be written, so let it be done :p

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.

your statement is the very true ....

NRS created a job position that, in theory, would be very interesting and useful, but, in the practical field, end being totally worthless and irrelevant , and bring nothing of value, at least, to build up the hype level meter, and to convice you to buy or not the game .....

Instead, it is just confirm that , at each game, their marketing turn over and over , much worse , and that they don't give a fuck for the old school fanbase, and are aiming to the casual generation z or fanatic fanboys that suck their dicks and lick their boots on Twitter, so :p

So let it be written, so let it be done :p
It is what it is lol, I’m done arguing about it with people. I will forever wonder what the point of it is, though.

xenogorgeous

It is what it is lol, I’m done arguing about it with people. I will forever wonder what the point of it i, though.
yep .... what coud be ? what could attend to ?

money laundering ? ESG goals ? they are bored , with a lot of money, so, tried to create that for fun ? :laughing: :p

anyway, fuck that ...... let's see if they announce the fucking KK until the end of day, lol !

Probably had to reschedule it. No big deal.

I would certainly be confused by anyone in the Beta, The SGF Build and the EVO Build. But I could wait for any of the characters shown off in trailers.

We've only seen Mileena, Kung Lao and Raiden get their ass beat in trailers so it'd be nice to see what they can do.

xenogorgeous

This will be the SECOND week in a row that Boon lied about a KK.
Totally expected, but still totally ridiculous.
yep, and next week, will be the beta test period , so, they have the perfect excuse to :

1) having the KK, justifying that make more sense having it in the day before the beta test , bla bla bla, cause this enhance the hype, or bring more attention to the beta test itself, bla bla bla

or

2) not having the KK, due the beta test being the priority of the week; NRS is paying attention in the beta test statistics info, and will follow that until it ends, blabla bla, so, KK can be shown in the next week, after August 21

But, Gamescom will occur beggining on August 23th, so they can come with a 3rd scenario , where "having a KK near the Gamescom review ? No way !! The Gamescom cover is more important !" :D

So, will have only the last week of August, to have a 2nd KK so far , hehe

Ridiculous ..... :p

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This will be the SECOND week in a row that Boon lied about a KK.
Totally expected, but still totally ridiculous.
Eh. That, or was misinformed. Or was over-promised, under-delivered by the team responsible. Not out of the question that the big boss had been fed info that it would be coming soon then the team just didn't get it done in time. We also have all of Thursday and Friday remaining so who knows.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

I'd be more livid if it was just about towers or krypt or some shit lol

hmmm .... so , Kombat Kast tomorrow 10:00 AM PT

Covering Smoke, Ashrah and Geras

FInally at least, NRS !! :rolleyes:

I'm very curious to see the smoke one. His MK9 incarnation had mobility as one of his gimmicks, but it was mostly useless (teleporting across someone in a block button fighter is of little value). It looks like they've stuck with the idea of him being a slippery fighter and I want to see how they pull that off. Especially in wacky tag world power level.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
If Ferra is a kameo in KP1, then I hope Torr is in KP2. If her assists are being thrown around and stuff that would be cool, and Torr could have an extra assist move with her like pain and gain