What's new

Question - Bojutsu KJs top 5 worst match ups?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
My synopsis

Tempest Lao beats Bojutsu but even with ShaoJin. Shaolin out zones him and you can react to tele free.

Boneshaper wins 4-6 vs all KJ variations (Ancestral may go even now that low arrow is supposed to low profile but fuck Ancestral)

Tanya and ShaoJin is 4.5-5.5 in Tanya's favor. But that has nothing to do with ShaoJin's inabilities...its just Tanya and she's dumb.

I still think a Heavy Weapons Jax is a problem for BoJintsu but idk about ShaoJin.

I can see HQT beating BoJintsu but Shaolin probably more even given mb up kick...it'd be like 4.5-5.5 HQT favor imho
You don't get annoyed AF with online MOS players?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
You don't get annoyed AF with online MOS players?
No lol at first yeah but you just have to play slower. I think Bojutsu does better because the chakram makes you wanna zone but you don't wanna trade projectiles. Ermac has real issues with pressure. He has a wake-up option but everybody does. His pokes suck

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
No lol at first yeah but you just have to play slower. I think Bojutsu does better because the chakram makes you wanna zone but you don't wanna trade projectiles. Ermac has real issues with pressure. He has a wake-up option but everybody does. His pokes suck
yeah, you are definitely right re trading projectiles. He basically nullifies any KJ zoning. I also get hit a lot by that idiotic move where he smashes his own stupid head into the ground :mad::mad:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I used to be skeptical, but since the damage buffs, yeah, I'll concede that Ninjutsu Scorp regulates him pretty damn hard.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I used to be skeptical, but since the damage buffs, yeah, I'll concede that Ninjutsu Scorp regulates him pretty damn hard.
I don't know, I always feel that matchups against any scorp variation are just chalk full of punish opportunities.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't know, I always feel that matchups against any scorp variation are just chalk full of punish opportunities.
Only if he gives them to you, and he certainly doesn't need to in Ninjutsu.

Granted, I'm speaking on behalf on Bojutsu, I don't think Shaolin remedies anything for the matchup, not sure about Ancestral.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Why is Lao so difficult for KJ? I main tempest Lao and I don't have an especially easy time fighting KJ.
Kung Lao can EX spin to full Combo punish F24 on block. So Kung Jin can basically never use his overhead, Kung Lao just blocks low until he sees the overhead and reacts to it blocks it then takes 37% from Kung Jin.

Also Kung Jins jumps attacks are some of his biggest strengths and he can't use them against Kung Lao because EX spin.

Plus Kung Lao wins the zoning war. His hats take more damage then Kung Jins arrows. So whether up close or far away, Kung Lao basically wins every aspect of the match

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Kung Lao can EX spin to full Combo punish F24 on block. So Kung Jin can basically never use his overhead, Kung Lao just blocks low until he sees the overhead and reacts to it blocks it then takes 37% from Kung Jin.

Also Kung Jins jumps attacks are some of his biggest strengths and he can't use them against Kung Lao because EX spin.

Plus Kung Lao wins the zoning war. His hats take more damage then Kung Jins arrows. So whether up close or far away, Kung Lao basically wins every aspect of the match
Thief!

you broke into my brain and stole my thoughts :DOGE

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
If he gets in and I have no meter I'm kinda screwed though.
Why? You can react to Kung Jins mixups, just block low until you see the overhead. All of Kung Jins strings are - on block, as soon as Kung Jin touches you once his pressure is over, it's Shinnok's turn to attack. If Kung Jin throws you his pressure is over. Shinnok's 7 frame low outclasses all of Kung Jins's quicker normals.

You're not screwed at all lol