What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Just joined. I always wonder how do kitana players do instant air fan.I cant seem to do properly with my xbox one controller. For me i dont have the extra inputs, so they dont need to be clean

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Yes, this is fun! Unfortunately one of my training partners mains is Cassie cage, and after getting parried maybe 1 or 2 times, they'll just be conditioned to alway use their low starters. And hers is safe :-/ so it became a rather useless tool for me unless I was convinced she was going to poke. Again - all 3 variations are definitely viable now, but even with that threat of reversing her pokes, it wasn't enough to convince me to drop the great B3~footsie tool or the enhanced lift that her RS variation offers.

Also - can't beat that Ass brutality she gets!

Or maybe I'm just salty that the parry is crap compared to my beloved killer frosts parry :-P
If you're referring to Cassie's d/f1 (the gunshot) as her low starter than it isn't safe, unless something changed and I missed it. You should be able to combo with a 11 or her throat slice.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
i cant get the timing to get it low enough ;-;
Try tapping up, then quickly pressing D+F(almost as if pressing "diagonal", rather than trying to roll D to F) + 1. Works very reliably for me. I have less success doing it with a jump-forward or jump-backward, like Konqrr mentioned

armani

Noob
Hi! Just joined. I always wonder how do kitana players do instant air fan.I cant seem to do properly with my xbox one controller. For me i dont have the extra inputs, so they dont need to be clean
not sure if your familiar with tekken but I treat it like it's heihachi/kazuya's ewgf. the input for an ewgf is f,n,d,df+2.
in kitana's case I do u,d,df+1 and with practice it works.

so with my left thumb I lightly tap up. then I immediately press down and slide to forward. as I'm sliding from down to forward with my left thumb I press 1 with my right thumb. the quicker you do it, the lower your air fan will be.

imo I think it's easier to do it that way on the Xbox One Controller because of how rigid the directional pad is. I know in MK9 players were doing instant air fans by doing ub,df+1 and its damn near impossible for me to press up and back at the same time on the Xbox One Controller lmfao. maybe I just need to level up

edit: konqrr beat me to it lol

She gets much higher damage with out X-ray so it's kinda pointless. Max damage I've gotten is 50% off an air to air kick so that's sItuational. Off an air fan 45%. Jfk, air fan, f33, fan, f33 x-ray. It's around the low forties for a punish into X-ray.

EDIT: Sorry forgot fans aren't universal.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is there a universal BNB for her Xray?
Xray is really only useful in a few situations:

• Unbreakable damage
  • At the end of a match for chip as it does 9% by itself
  • By using it with a jk/jp at the end of a match as a 50/50 with b3 or from b3 itself
Is there a BnB? Nothing has really been established, but using it in those circumstances is typical.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
This is most likely old news, but I just noticed this, there is a 3 second cool down on Float after you throw a fan from Float.

Example, jump back float, throw Air fan, try to jump and float again right after.

Has anyone else noticed this, does this affect anyone else? I just thought I sucked, but its there. Haven't tried it with anything else such as glave or Ass.

Rean

Noob
i wanna discuss sonic vs reo play yesterday (not grandfinals)
http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/v/7352689 1:32:00

times sonic fox managed to break through reo block in this set: only 2 (b14 string when reo for some unknown reason decided not to block low). Could've been literally 0.
95% of sonic fox damage came from throws, punishes and armor-throughs

i think that match is the prime display of kitana obvious weakness. she just cant open people, at all. just dont play stupid and you'll be fine. Reo yolo'ed with some pokes/strings and paid 30-35% life each time. He could win this set f he was a bit more cautious.
As more people realize this, i think Kitana wont look as ridiculous to people, as she did yesterday. And will go down in relative strengths to other characters.

Not to diminish sonic fox amazing plays the entire day ofc, well deserved win.

Do you feel the same?

RexxyC

what's done is done

times sonic fox managed to break through reo block in this set: only 2 (b14 string when reo for some unknown reason decided not to block low). Could've been literally 0.

i think that match is the prime display of kitana obvious weakness. she just cant open people, at all. just dont play stupid and you'll be fine. Reo yolo'ed with some pokes/strings and paid 30-35% life each time. He could win this set f he was a bit more cautious.
As more people realize this, i think Kitana wont look as ridiculous to people, as she did yesterday. And will go down in relative strengths to other characters.

Do you feel the same?
I feel as if people are about to blow my character completely out of proportion and NRS's knee-jerk reaction is going to be damage nerfs. Then we'll be without damage and a way to open people up. Sonic Fox is simply a great player, if any of the people who are going to say she's op pick her up; they would realize that she's difficult to play with outside of Royal Storm zoning.

Kyle BB

"There is always hope"

Do you feel the same?
That was a weird match...I don't like it was there another one? Or is that the one that was suppost to be amazing......?
Don't get me wrong I'm thankful he uses Kitana (as a pocket character) but that just seemed like Reo was afraid of Kitana tbh...

edit: I missed the tourney and as soon as I saw sonic was mostly winning I assumed he would win.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I feel as if people are about to blow my character completely out of proportion and NRS's knee-jerk reaction is going to be damage nerfs. Then we'll be without damage and a way to open people up. Sonic Fox is simply a great player, if any of the people who are going to say she's op pick her up; they would realize that she's difficult to play with outside of Royal Storm zoning.
I was thinking the same thing. Even the float gimmicks couldn't help him. I appreciate the show he put on and love the fact that we saw a Kitana take a tournement but if the community call for nerfs and NRS action them then I will lose faith.

6ixty9

Noob
This might not be the place to ask... but while we're on the topic of Snoic Fox ....

Can someone give me some tips on how to connect the d1 after b14 xx EXGF?? I've literally spammed the button and tried it at various times and its as if the character is out of range. Just trying to mimmick what he did but cant figure it out.

I can land the full combo with a different starter (11xx EXGF or F2xx EX GF for example) but cant for the life of me get the d1 to even connect once after a b14 started. Am i missing something? Is it character specific? Does the first hit (the b1) need to be blocked or whiff'd or something??

Thanks!

Rean

Noob
try to walk forward a tiny step, it can be out of range
also you dont need it to hit as fast as you can, there is plenty of time to hit it. link is not tight

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I usually run forward then D1 (input FF block BEFORE you fully recover from ex fan, when u saw Kitana moves forward input D1)
But I think walk forward works too, Kitana walk speed is very good

6ixty9

Noob
I just spent about 20mins trying to get it to work... I must be doing it wrong?

If i hold forwards after i do EXGF, and i see her move in a fraction then d1 - its still too far away or he's hit the ground.

For a link that is supposedly not tight i feel like i shouldnt be having this much difficulty?

It definitely is b14 xx EXGF (move forward a fraction) d1?

MK Led

Umbasa
I just spent about 20mins trying to get it to work... I must be doing it wrong?

If i hold forwards after i do EXGF, and i see her move in a fraction then d1 - its still too far away or he's hit the ground.

For a link that is supposedly not tight i feel like i shouldnt be having this much difficulty?

It definitely is b14 xx EXGF (move forward a fraction) d1?
You probably just want to do a run cancel into the d1, moving forward works off some strings, but the RC seems far more consistent off the b14.

Leonardo

Up the Irons! \,,/
Guys... some people are reporting a Kitana Assassin bug after Predator's patch. Non-enhanced assassin strike (runs up opponent, stabs once for 12%) does the same animation and damage as the enhanced assassin impaled (stabs twice for 19%). Is true? Thanks.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Guys... some people are reporting a Kitana Assassin bug after Predator's patch. Non-enhanced assassin strike (runs up opponent, stabs once for 12%) does the same animation and damage as the enhanced assassin impaled (stabs twice for 19%). Is true? Thanks.
No

It'll only do the same animation if sharpen is activated other than being EX'd. Other than that, no

Crimea

Noob
It's true on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.