What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
How would that be dumb? Those changes wouldn't change her up drastically and wouldn't make her so good she jumps to top

She has no low to compensate for it. F2 is already slow and unsafe as it is. Making it an overhead would do nothing but make her worse because everyone would look out for it, and its very easy to block.

Now, if they made it an OH AND faster, then she can hang.

She needs more than just a mere OH tho

She has no low to compensate for it. F2 is already slow and unsafe as it is. Making it an overhead would do nothing but make her worse because everyone would look out for it, and its very easy to block.

Then make f112's second hit overhead then she has two mixup based strings. I get she's zone heavy and I like that about her but gimping her offensive capabilities does not equate to balance.

The Magician

According to my sources...
Then make f112's second hit overhead then she has two mixup based strings. I get she's zone heavy and I like that about her but gimping her offensive capabilities does not equate to balance.
F2 isn't a very good starter for anything anyways. I usually just ignore that attack

Riyo

Noob
Personally, we should stop focusing on the ones that shes currently lacking and give her something that already benefits to her style of play.

Mid fans pls.

F2 isn't a very good starter for anything anyways. I usually just ignore that attack
I do too but I believe in fair, if I ever ask for buffs I try to be reasonable with what I'm asking in the whole scope of things. F2 is not a good starter at all I totally agree but it being an overhead gives it a purpose. It's up to the player to use it properly.

Personally, we should stop focusing on the ones that shes currently lacking and give her something that already benefits to her style of play.

Mid fans pls.
I would love a mid fan. If she had a mid fan then she'd have reason to be lacking in other areas.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
If y'all wants a 50/50(WHICH SHE DOESNT NEED) make b12 OH. b14(low)/b12(oh) BUT SHE DOESNT NEED IT.

Here's how I see it.
Defensive buffs or "offensive" buffs.

They could make her non existent up close game stronger and give her 50/50s and a safe f22. And make ex assassin strike cancelable like scorps tele

Or

They could give her a faster reflect (10f) and a faster parry (7f) reduce Ass recovery and ex one like mk9s. Make db2 6f. And make fans mid.

Or they could be reasonable and make

F22 combo into fans. Make fans -6. Parry and reflect 11 frames. Staff grab OH. Reduce recovery on EX ass.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Thank God you said this because I saw your post on the previous page saying the OH would be "dumb" and I was ready to come in here and serve you some sass. ;)

From day 1, Wild and I have been saying F2 looks as though and should function as an OH. However the reach is deceptively short and it's too slow. If they were to speed it up, give it longer range and make it an OH...BAM, she would be able to play footsies and start whiff punishing pokes etc, etc, like the majority of the cast.

I do too but I believe in fair, if I ever ask for buffs I try to be reasonable with what I'm asking in the whole scope of things. F2 is not a good starter at all I totally agree but it being an overhead gives it a purpose. It's up to the player to use it properly.

I would love a mid fan. If she had a mid fan then she'd have reason to be lacking in other areas.
Yes this.

People need to stop saying that if she were to get an OH or a low STARTER, she'd suddenly become this beast of mix up character or full on rushdown. Lol, she will never be Cassie or Erron and that's totally fine nor what we want or need.

Look at Cibernetic Kano (whom I think is a fantastically designed character), he has a fast mid hitting projectile, safe strings for defense, some nice mids, and a low starter that he can stagger. Yet no one considers HIM rushdown. He is a perfectly balanced zoner. The reason people think Kitana's zoning is good is due to her ability to convert off of an air fan.

If we were to get mid hitting fans I think the balance for exchange would be to take a damage nerf to air fan coversions, which would be acceptable IMO.

Or...

Give her SAFETY and some range, the ability to stagger, and give her that F2 OH for some whiff punishing. I mean...her ground game is so damn lacking that her zoning just doesn't cut it. Cassie's B1 is the best whiff punishing normal in the game, she needs something similar.

The Magician

Thank God you said this because I saw your post on the previous page saying the OH would be "dumb" and I was ready to come in here and serve you some sass. ;)

From day 1, Wild and I have been saying F2 looks as though and should function as an OH. However the reach is deceptively short and it's too slow. If they were to speed it up, give it longer range and make it an OH...BAM, she would be able to play footsies and start whiff punishing pokes etc, etc, like the majority of the cast.

Yes this.

People need to stop saying that if she were to get an OH or a low STARTER, she'd suddenly become this beast of mix up character or full on rushdown. Lol, she will never be Cassie or Erron and that's totally fine nor what we want or need.

Look at Cibernetic Kano (whom I think is a fantastically designed character), he has a fast mid hitting projectile, safe strings for defense, some nice mids, and a low starter that he can stagger. Yet no one considers HIM rushdown. He is a perfectly balanced zoner. The reason people think Kitana's zoning is good is due to her ability to convert off of an air fan.

If we were to get mid hitting fans I think the balance for exchange would be to take a damage nerf to air fan coversions, which would be acceptable IMO.

Or...

Give her SAFETY and some range, the ability to stagger, and give her that F2 OH for some whiff punishing. I mean...her ground game is so damn lacking that her zoning just doesn't cut it. Cassie's B1 is the best whiff punishing normal in the game, she needs something similar.
If she had her low fan poke like in MK9 that would be pretty cool.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Making Fans on block less so she can use them without being full combo punished in blockstrings (when opponent can't duck them in transition from crouch block to crouch), she would benefit greatly.

Yes this.

Or...

I knew someone had to get what I was saying lol

The Magician

Making Fans on block less so she can use them without being full combo punished in blockstrings (when opponent can't duck them in transition from crouch block to crouch), she would benefit greatly.
Making fans -5 on block or -6 would make f112 fan safe which would be awesome

Flux

Fair is overrated
Mid fan would be sick. Would give people a real reason to feel like they have to jump at you, and make air fan/jiP that much scarier. It might be too much with her current damage output.

Riyo

Noob
So Kitana's 1 is now 8f. How do you guys feel about the change?

...unless it was 8f to begin with.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Thebuffs I want (besides the less recovery on ass and faster parry startup) is for MB fans to be uninterrupted and plus so at least we can pressure while getting good chip and for shadow kick to be mid in Mournful. B2 as a combo starter would us all happy too.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Yeah I just checked that and was about to edit my post. I also see throws are now 10 frames. What was the point of updating the frame data or was it just incorrect to begin with?
It was incorrect to begin with. Expect more things to change as patches continue to roll in.

It was incorrect to begin with. Expect more things to change as patches continue to roll in.
I find it funny that the frame data was wrong to begin with. It was that same frame data that I used to come up with the infinite and almost a day and half later I find out all that data was wrong anyways lol

The Magician

It's good, but still gets outranged by a ton of other characters' d1 and d4 moves.
Not at my PS4 right now but I think b4 can get full combo punished, whenever I whiff a b4 my brother sometimes gets his 42% BnB with D'Vorah if I'm close enough. I'm probably mistaken here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.