What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldriken

I see a lot of people talking about Kung Jin but I'm not having trouble against him at all.

I may be playing bad ones, idk
I don't see what the problem could possibly be in the MU. :confused: What are they complaining about in regards to the MU?

If anyone should complain about a MU as a Kitana main, it should be about that asshole Liu Kang. -.-

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't see what the problem could possibly be in the MU. :confused: What are they complaining about in regards to the MU?

If anyone should complain about a MU as a Kitana main, it should be about that asshole Liu Kang. -.-
Liu kang is a douche lol

Also, again, it could just be me, but Ferra/Torr is hella tough

E

Eldriken

Liu kang is a douche lol

Also, again, it could just be me, but Ferra/Torr is hella tough
I agree with you on that as well. Ferra/Torr is such a pain in the ass. His j2 reaches fucking half screen, I swear to God.

Fighting Cybernetic Kano is a tough one.
Isn't that the variation Decay uses? He wants to play me later to try and get better at the MU. >_>

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What's difficult about it? I haven't played any Kano players yet, so I have no idea what he's like.
He's a bit like Kitana should be with mobility, rushdown and decent zoning. Haven't looked at his frame data yet but online he felt quite safe.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
How are people dealing with Goro once he inevitably gets in? Between armored Punchwalk and his 5 frame d1 and d3 it's like he doesn't have to respect anything we do.

E

Eldriken

How are people dealing with Goro once he inevitably gets in? Between armored Punchwalk and his 5 frame d1 and d3 it's like he doesn't have to respect anything we do.
Yeah...he's another pain in the ass. We can't even iAF him safely 'cause of EX Punchwalk. He's literally Doomsday 2.0 with that move, lol. A forward advancing armored special that is safe (not as safe as MB Venom, however) on block. It also has two hits of armor! I don't think any other EX specials have two hits of armor.

Why am I not using him again? :DOGE

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Learn the point where he uses the armour and then the joke's on him. That matchup is a 5-5 imo.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well Goro has no overhead so he has trouble opening you up as well. He's got to command grab. Unlike Injustice command grabs have a ton of whiff recovery so if you neutral jump out of a setup you can punish the whiff with a njp.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
So yeah.
Mournful.
Shadow kick is really good and Glaives are good zoning tools that's it.
She needs the Down input to make low glaive and the up input to go diagonal faster to control mid screen better.
F22 needs to be -7 or at least combo into fan toss mid screen.
Maybe NJP should have more range. It will make float more effective.
Maybe ex fan mid.

I'm fine with her not having mix ups if she's safe on something.
Like mileena is unsafe but she has 50/50s

Ardul

Noob
Hi, new here and new in MK. Many years playing Tekken at competitive level so at least I know how to use frame datas etc.
Now I had some problems with Sub Zero clones. Any way to punish that? Or simply deal with it?

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Has anyone figured out any new techs using float? On wakeup, njp will stuff most wakeup attempts it seems. They can of course armor through, but even then they have to guess which side for correct input. If they block, they can be frame-trapped or grabbed.

last night at GGA I met and got a signed picture of Katalin Zamiar. Pretty cool. :cool:
*jealous*

I have a video in the works for crossup insta-float. Only a proof of concept though. I'm not good enough to take it to a viable level yet, but hopefully someone can.

A little more than that. You can make inputs cross up and still be low enough to float cancel NJP into block/hit. What I haven't figured out is how d2 just doesn't blow it up (unless you float earlier i guess)?

It's a mindgame at best, a gimmick at worst. At least right now. Hopefully someone out there can break it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What I think Kitana needs is a fast, safe hitconfirmabe mid that leads to proper combo damage / pressure. Lao can punish -4f+ for 30%+ damage, I don't think having a 5f (0b) mid jab leading into her bnb is a lot to ask.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So i'm pretty sad. I was enjoying Kitana there for a while, but as time goes on and I fight Kung Jins and Erron Blacks it becomes painfully apparent that she is just not good. I can sit there and mash strings at their faces for days, I can knock them down and play guessing games; but in the end there's no way to open the opponent up for anything. It makes me sad.
It makes me EXTREMELY emo at how absolute trash she is in this game. I have and and few other Kitana's (who are all good players) who have actually stepped out of the lab to face other good players have learned just how unequiped she truly is.

NO one is scared of her zoning. Literally if the opponent is patient and doesn't jump her core strength is null and void.

Her block strings are a joke. Her pokes are even more laughable and F2 is shit in the neutral.

I knew it wasn't ME when I took my 2 day Dvorah and my 4 hour Cassie Cage out to face competent players I could actually play footsies, you know, because they have safe normals that advance them forward and have adequate pokes.

At this point, I could care less about lows and overheads...she needs safe, forward moving strings and/or a TRUE whiff punishing normals. I have won plenty of matches but only due to my natural talent and abilities....she as a character brings nothing to the table.

I never bitch about characters but anybody with a brain stem (who have fought other players and their characters) can see she is just simply unequiped. It's astonishing, really.

/emo rant. :(

Last edited:
Well, if anybody wants to see the most painful zoning game ever, here it is. My execution gets all fucked up and I start dropping things pretty badly because I was getting so flustered. But I can't get around this! This is like the 3rd time someone has pulled this shit. Even with Royal Storm the bullets hit before the reflect activate. I don't know how I managed to squeak out the win, thanks to the princess puff and Blanche for her sacrifice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.