What's new

KIT2016 Top 32/8 Set!

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
So Tanya has officially won a major. No more "but she hasn't won a major yet!". Now can we finally get this character some more nerfs plz?!?!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
3 eu and one brazil got to top 8 and foxy had to go up and kick out madzin.. so they eliminated themselves. Wait until evo when a good chunk of internationals come out. Besides the entire US vs argument is just stoooopid in every way. Saying internationals suck because of this showing is like saying all Yomi sucks as there was only slayer in top 8..

BUT..

How was that scar v sonic match... whoever says this game has no hype is just wrong ieveryday.
No EU made it to top 8. 1 Brazilian and 2 canadians made it but no EU players.

3 eu and one brazil got to top 8 and foxy had to go up and kick out madzin.. so they eliminated themselves. Wait until evo when a good chunk of internationals come out. Besides the entire US vs argument is just stoooopid in every way. Saying internationals suck because of this showing is like saying all Yomi sucks as there was only slayer in top 8..

BUT..

How was that scar v sonic match... whoever says this game has no hype is just wrong ieveryday.
Wut? Foxy was eliminated by VMan.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Don't worry guys, NRS has this covered. KP2 will have at least 3/4 S+ characters who will be able to steal tournaments for years to come! J/K... But not really.

In all seriousness, as much as I hate Tanya and hope that she gets nerfed into oblivion, SonicFox's skill and composure is what carried him to victory. He is a winner and winners will find a way to win.

With that being said, nerf Tanya into oblivion. #TakedaNation

lol... I said.. "3 eu <in the entire competition> and 1 Brazil in top 8" and "saying internationals suck because of this showing is like saying all Yomi sucks as there was only slayer in top 8"

we clear now : ) ? haha

Don't worry guys, NRS has this covered. KP2 will have at least 3/4 S+ characters who will be able to steal tournaments for years to come! J/K... But not really.

In all seriousness, as much as I hate Tanya and hope that she gets nerfed into oblivion, SonicFox's skill and composure is what carried him to victory. He is a winner and winners will find a way to win.

With that being said, nerf Tanya into oblivion. #TakedaNation
true dat.. also tanya was such a great choice... you saw why he picked her and it wasn't tier crap scrubs talk about... it was simply the teleporting to escape 'naids. such a great and clever counter pick.

Scar is getting a lot of love.. but can we talk about Mr Lightsaber? wtf... THE most aggressive MKx i have seen and that as you know is a super high bar to jump over.

But where was the safe A+ Mileena?
Probably because of the crappy and negative attitude the Mileena community at large has.

**edit**
holy crap, I just posted this, went back to the main page, and this thread has been bumped with Mileena player sarcastic remarks about how bad she is because she wasn't in top 8...

Like, I know there are some super solid Mileena players out there, but c'mon, this is ridiculous.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
this is crazy can we talk about the winner getting some love. there were other people who played tanya and didnt make it nearly as far. you guys are asking him to lose. he played well with both characters but switched when he needed to and scar couldnt adapt fast enough

The thing is, EVERYONE knows Tanya is op. Everybody. Yes, it was strategic in some way for sonic fox to pick tanya, but his picking tanya basically said "he's beating me so I'm just going to pick a half broken character and win." In my opinion, scar was the better player tonight, fox just won. And before anyone says that doesn't make sense, yes it does.

I still give fox much respect, because he did win, but if everyone did what he did mk x wouldn't be playable.. think about it. If every pro player had a pocket tanya for whenever they were losing just because tanya is half broken the game would be shit

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
The thing is, EVERYONE knows Tanya is op. Everybody. Yes, it was strategic in some way for sonic fox to pick tanya, but his picking tanya basically said "he's beating me so I'm just going to pick a half broken character and win." In my opinion, scar was the better player tonight, fox just won. And before anyone says that doesn't make sense, yes it does.
no sonic was clearly the better player. hes the one who sent him to losers in the first place. and what do you mean half broken character, the top ten are all half broken characters. that is what make them top

no sonic was clearly the better player. hes the one who sent him to losers in the first place. and what do you mean half broken character, the top ten are all half broken characters. that is what make them top
More specifically, the better player in Sonya vs cassie. Obviously he won with tanya. And no, obviously there are tiers, but I don't think all characters in the top 10 are as messed up as tonya

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
More specifically, the better player in Sonya vs cassie. Obviously he won with tanya. And no, obviously there are tiers, but I don't think all characters in the top 10 are as messed up as tonya
not all but i would say half at least and yeah i would have to agree with your first point

not all but i would say half at least and yeah i would have to agree with your first point
Yes I'm not downplaying sonic fox at all, he is definitely the king of mk x right now. But I just keep replaying it in my head... he was LOSING to scar, and thought "oh shit, I cant beat him by adapting with this character, so I'll just pick tanya". And some people might say picking another character IS adapting, but the people who play mk aren't stupid, and know that tanya is op, so that was a major deciding factor for fox. But again, I'm not saying fox didn't deserve the win, the way he won it was more of a "win in any means necessary, even cheap" and scars was more like "I lost last time, so I need to adapt, and if I can't I'm not the better player, and if I can I am"

How often in Killter Instinct, Street Fighter, even marvel do players who are getting beat switch to a pocket character that runs a train? Just curious. Be specific if possible, cause I see this all the time in MK.

Yes I'm not downplaying sonic fox at all, he is definitely the king of mk x right now. But I just keep replaying it in my head... he was LOSING to scar, and thought "oh shit, I cant beat him by adapting with this character, so I'll just pick tanya". And some people might say picking another character IS adapting, but the people who play mk aren't stupid, and know that tanya is op, so that was a major deciding factor for fox. But again, I'm not saying fox didn't deserve the win, the way he won it was more of a "win in any means necessary, even cheap" and scars was more like "I lost last time, so I need to adapt, and if I can't I'm not the better player, and if I can I am"
you seriously think that the best mkx player have your way of thinking and mentality? smh

Tweedy

Noob

BUT..

I think the reality is that the top 45-50 players at each major are just so good, that anyone can lose at any point. There are some players who have been or are now a slight cut above the rest, allowing them to make top 8 every time(Sonic/Slayer), but for the most part anyone can win/lose.

This became obvious to me during the Brady vs Sonic FT13. You can point out the score all you want; Brady was in there for most of the set. He didn't even make it out of pools.

The competition is lit right now. Nobody is safe, besides probably Sonic lol.

My 2 cents.