What's new

KIT Forever King wins Mortal Kombat X at Yomi Gaming's Atlanta Kombat Arena (5/12/15)!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
The king has reclaimed his throne in the midst of a battlefield decorated by a seemingly endless storm of arrows! After Slayer...well..."slew" the former champion in Loser's Finals, he and Forever King met in Grand Finals for a rematch consisting of Kung Jin mirrors. Slayer very nearly succeeded in turning the tides of battle, but Forever King's victory destroyed the possibility of a bracket reset. Once again, the throne of Atlanta belongs to this almighty king.

AKA Week 4 Grand Finals.png
Bracket link: http://challonge.com/mkx51215

Once again, the king's streak begins its heartbeat. Will it continue next week, or will another of our warriors overpower his dominance? Tune in to our stream next Tuesday for the continuation of the Atlanta Kombat Arena!

We also would like to wish YOMI ExcitedBeast a Happy Birthday this week! The celebration is featured in the Loser's Finals match between Slayer and Michaelangelo, found in the playlist below. We of the FGC are like a family, and occasions such as this capture the greatest nature of our bond as players.

Playlist for Atlanta Kombat Arena #4 is now available.

The two fight videos below serve as a preview to this week's playlist, just in case you need some persuasion to checking out the whole list for yourself. :)

Winner's Bracket, Round 1 - Pig of the Hut (Kenshi) vs. YOMI RM Glass Sword (Scorpion)

Winner's Bracket, Round 1 - YOMI SLAYER (Kung Jin) vs. YOMI ATL Clint the Beast (Sub-Zero)

Any and all questions regarding Yomi Gaming may be forwarded to myself or @YOMI Reno_Racks by private message.

Our awesome gaming lounge for competitive fighting game players can be found at the address below. We are open all day every Tuesday for casuals to ensure you get the sufficient practice for the tournaments. Also, as of this week we host Capcom/Anime events every Monday for Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Feel free to come and try your hand!

643 Shelton Ave SW
Atlanta, GA, 30310

Do not forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow our Twitch so that you don't miss out! We make it a point to release playlists of tournaments that happen every week, so you will never be too many steps behind. We thank you graciously for watching and supporting our work.

YouTube channel for Yomi Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsOf2h9Fl8_-j8cGNEUsbFg

Twitch channel for Yomi Gaming - www.twitch.tv/yomi_gaming

I just wanted to say that Im a newbie and I watched the end of that stream and I was impressed at the great sportsmanship everyone showed. I remember Pig playing King and giving each other tips on how to beat their own character. "You can block that" etc. It was really great.

When I play online I get sooooo many nasty emails that all say "You suck", "Trash" or "F-G" that made me think most the players are so nasty, so it was just awesome to see the successful players have such respect for each other.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Glass Sword may have beat King of the Hut's Kenshi, but he showed an extreme lack of match up knowledge in the fight. Both from trying to zone Kenshi, and from not realizing that an easy punish to Kenshi's teleport is to teleport himself into a full combo.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Glass Sword may have beat King of the Hut's Kenshi, but he showed an extreme lack of match up knowledge in the fight. Both from trying to zone Kenshi, and from not realizing that an easy punish to Kenshi's teleport is to teleport himself into a full combo.
@Pig Of The Hut @FOREVER KING

Apparently you guys have fused to form King of the Hut, DBZ style. LOL.

In any case, lack of match-up knowledge or no, a win is a win. @YG RM Glass Sword is a whore with training mode, so trust me...he'll be even better equipped for next week, as will Pig.

I just wanted to say that Im a newbie and I watched the end of that stream and I was impressed at the great sportsmanship everyone showed. I remember Pig playing King and giving each other tips on how to beat their own character. "You can block that" etc. It was really great.

When I play online I get sooooo many nasty emails that all say "You suck", "Trash" or "F-G" that made me think most the players are so nasty, so it was just awesome to see the successful players have such respect for each other.

Its pretty much like that all night at yomi. Blow ups arent fun. Better for everyone to level up and have good matches

BloodyNights

In it right now actually.
Good stuff, improving constantly is the way to go. Sorry if I sounded too critical, I just looked at my post again and saw that I probably sounded harsh. It's not like even I know the match up of every character, and every variation especially with the game only being out for about a month. So I shouldn't judge, all we can hope to do is level up, and blow up whatever beats us in the future.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Good stuff, improving constantly is the way to go. Sorry if I sounded too critical, I just looked at my post again and saw that I probably sounded harsh. It's not like even I know the match up of every character, and every variation especially with the game only being out for about a month. So I shouldn't judge, all we can hope to do is level up, and blow up whatever beats us in the future.
Nah, it was correct. I did not know that, because of Scorpion's hitbox, he can not neutral jump punch Kenshi when he teleports (as this is what everyone told me to do) I realized during the match that I had to change up tactics to jump back kick which works really consistently.
I played a set with Pig before hand which was the first time I had ever played against a Possessed Kenshi. I did find what you said was correct, but my timing was not tight enough to teleport with the right timing (I was sometimes teleporting too early or too late). I was not confident in the technique when I went into the match, so I tried what everyone told me to do neutral jump punch.
Also, I was perhaps a little over cautious (the zoning), because my previous run-ins with Pig (using Balanced) he beat me because he armored very often during my pressure. I was trying to bait it out.

BloodyNights

Nah, it was correct. I did not know that, because of Scorpion's hitbox, he can not neutral jump punch Kenshi when he teleports (as this is what everyone told me to do) I realized during the match that I had to change up tactics to jump back kick which works really consistently.
I played a set with Pig before hand which was the first time I had ever played against a Possessed Kenshi. I did find what you said was correct, but my timing was not tight enough to teleport with the right timing (I was sometimes teleporting too early or too late). I was not confident in the technique when I went into the match, so I tried what everyone told me to do neutral jump punch.
Also, I was perhaps a little over cautious (the zoning), because my previous run-ins with Pig (using Balanced) he beat me because he armored very often during my pressure. I was trying to bait it out.
Someone told you to neutral jump punch? Maybe it would work with a different character can't see it ever working with Scorpion's NJP as it's pretty slow. Jump Back 3 is good, and teleport works for me consistently, I also use this on Goro's teleport as well since it doesn't matter where he lands it's a guaranteed punish. It might take more match familiarity though to know the exact timing. And yeah Balanced Kenshi can be a pain to deal with when you want to go ham. Luckily despite it's retarded push back, Scorpion gets to punish as long as it's not blocked from max range with BF4, or F3>DB4. Running 11 might work as well depending on distance.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Someone told you to neutral jump punch? Maybe it would work with a different character can't see it ever working with Scorpion's NJP as it's pretty slow. Jump Back 3 is good, and teleport works for me consistently, I also use this on Goro's teleport as well since it doesn't matter where he lands it's a guaranteed punish. It might take more match familiarity though to know the exact timing. And yeah Balanced Kenshi can be a pain to deal with when you want to go ham. Luckily despite it's retarded push back, Scorpion gets to punish as long as it's not blocked from max range with BF4, or F3>DB4. Running 11 might work as well depending on distance.
Apparently Kitana can NJP Kenshi free when he teleports. Trepound sold it to me as universal tech. Thanks for the advice I did not know balenced was just as unsafe to Scorpion as Possessed is.

BloodyNights

Apparently Kitana can NJP Kenshi free when he teleports. Trepound sold it to me as universal tech. Thanks for the advice I did not know balenced was just as unsafe to Scorpion as Possessed is.
Kitana's NJP starts up in 7 frames and has a weird hurtbox/hitbox, Scorpion's starts up in 11 frames and doesn't have a weird hurtbox/hitbox, Kenshi's NJP which is what he will be doing out of it is also 11 frames, but you'll be moving up to meet him, while he will be hitting it as soon as he teleports. So unless you were already neutral jumping and hitting NJP when he decides to teleport, the best you can hope for is a trade. If you got the balls...and some high level "yomi"...you can actually run under him and get a full combo with 214. But you might run too fast and Kenshi will switch sides on throwing out the NJP lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This just in

KENSHI IS GARBAGE - he shouldnt be beating anyone. Hes the most depressing character ive ever played who couldnt be further from viable than stryker in MK9

Not planning on playing this game past evo, and only that because ive been financially committed since evo

BloodyNights

This just in

KENSHI IS GARBAGE - he shouldnt be beating anyone. Hes the most depressing character ive ever played who couldnt be further from viable than stryker in MK9

Not planning on playing this game past evo, and only that because ive been financially committed since evo
Stryker was op in MK9....the silly peons just didn't know about dat Police Brutality....:D

BloodyNights

He was bottom 5
I know, I was joking lol didn't help that he was a middle aged white cop who was incredibly boring in a game filled with cyborgs, Ninjas, more ninjas, and some random special forces, and sorcerers and what not.

So if he had any tech no one studied him hard enough to find it...doubt he'd ever get above bottom 10 though lol

This just in

I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off that my favorite character might be the worst in the game :(

WATCHD0G

Noob
This just in

No pig don't leave us:(....think about the armory