What's new

Kano's knives should recover alot faster.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
hi everyone im new to this site and want to get really good with shnag tsung but dont know where to start and i looked on the guides but dont know what they mean for example st juggle starter or other stuff like HHM i dont know lol i need help and i dont know where to start with shang tsung any tips pointers or anything fromm anybody thanks xbox live gamertag is XxItSickxX
Check out the shang tsung forum. You can send me private messages if you'd like some pointers on the basics.

How do I take this shit down? I didn't even post it. -_-
This has to be my brother becuase he's been using kano since forever and he is super salty that he can't easymode me anymore.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
How do I take this shit down? I didn't even post it. -_-
This has to be my brother becuase he's been using kano since forever and he is super salty that he can't easymode me anymore.
Well as soon as someone says i dont know what im talking about they must be retarded or salty

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Doubt they will give his knives recovery back, esp with the double dashes being patch. I dont see how someone could get in through without the old double dash block.

To The sub player, You know you got extra frames on iceball right? It should be enough to get close and combo or slide. Not, that but the game feels more footsies oriented now, which sub d4 is really good.
At least Kano didn't have pushback on his knives like Freddy does. And Freddy has the same speed as pre patch Kano does. With the dash nerf, it'd be easier to get in on Kano than Freddy. (not to get off topic)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CptXecution said:
At least Kano didn't have pushback on his knives like Freddy does. And Freddy has the same speed as pre patch Kano does. With the dash nerf, it'd be easier to get in on Kano than Freddy. (not to get off topic)
That is why Kano has up ball. Freddy has nothing in comparison.

To get back on subject, Kano is fine. I feel like the current knife recovery is similar to the old knife recovery. The only thing NRS did not give Kano is his old up ball start up. Kano struggles a lot versus Kabal, and Sub Zero, but to a much lesser extent. Basically, if the Kabal player knows how to machine gun iaGBs, the fight is very difficult for Kano. In terms of numbers, the match up feels like 7:3 to me, which hurts Kano's tournament viability because you will encounter a great Kabal player at almost every major tournament nowdays.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Kano isnt a keep away character like your trying to say, he is a zoner.
Zoners and keep away characters are two diffrent things/ very diffrent.

Mod people please shut down this thread its really stupid

Loot

the special effects
Did I just step into a time machine, destination Kano forums about 2 and a half months ago?

Kano isnt a keep away character like your trying to say, he is a zoner.
Zoners and keep away characters are two diffrent things/ very diffrent.

Mod people please shut down this thread its really stupid
I agree thats why asked them too i didnt even start this thread, my [ban incoming] brother has been using my tym account.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
hi everyone im new to this site and want to get really good with shnag tsung but dont know where to start and i looked on the guides but dont know what they mean for example st juggle starter or other stuff like HHM i dont know lol i need help and i dont know where to start with shang tsung any tips pointers or anything fromm anybody thanks xbox live gamertag is XxItSickxX
Posting in the Shang Tsung forum would've been an awesome start.

I agree thats why asked them too i didnt even start this thread, my [ban incoming] brother has been using my tym account.
Dude, the Mortal Kombat community really needs to reign in the shenanigans of their [ban incoming] brothers. I bet yours gets on your PSN account and ragequits on everybody too.

Posting in the Shang Tsung forum would've been an awesome start.

Dude, the Mortal Kombat community really needs to reign in the shenanigans of their [ban incoming] brothers. I bet yours gets on your PSN account and ragequits on everybody too.
No he's just stupid. All I had to do was point out that there are other characters with projectiles like that and he was all oh. Now he uses freddy. Anyways how can I delete this obamination of a thread?

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I think you should be able to combo off of grounded enhanced knives like Kitana can do off of her enhanced fans.

cyke_out

Noob
Kano can combo off of his ex knife when his opponent is air borne, but being able to do it while they are grounded would be alot of fun, just imagine the combo-

b+1,1 ex knife, b+1,1, ex knife b+1,1 ex knife, b+1,1,2 dash, 2,1,2 dash, f+1,2 up ball.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Dude... I don't care about Kano's knives, but your brother really needs to play sub against someone who doesn't jumps into clones all the time, I still can't believe he thinks Ice Clone is comparable to Kano's pre-patch knives. He desperately needs to fight a few good players to see just how "cheesy" that move really is. I'd recommend a good Baraka, that would make him rage.

Plop

Noob
I think you should be able to combo off of grounded enhanced knives like Kitana can do off of her enhanced fans.
Its not a proper combo but what i do is

21, Ex Knives, f3b2, dash, 212, b12upball

The EX knives stuns them just enough to squeeze in a cheeky f3 and get another 31% combo. The 21exknives adds 18% onto that so we're looking at about 49%. 53% with a jip....Hang on, have i counted this right?? I've never actually thought about adding these numbers up before, it seems too good to be true!
Weather or not they can block low after the knives and fuck the 2nd part up i don't know. Noones caught me out with it yet and its kinda hard to test in practice mode.

Can anyone shed some more light on this?