What's new

Kano's knives should recover alot faster.

Ok, so an attempt to fix this dumb thread. Kano's knives are fine the way they are. However I am sure people feel that Kano should have his old knives. I neither agree nor disagree, and feel that if the knives were too be changed back that as long as kano was balanced properly around them that would be fine. This thread is now to discuss or complain about those knives. Unless the mods want to delete this.

Please keep in mind my brother sometimes gets on here and shitposts everywhere so I intend on fixing his crap. (and trying to keep him off my account)

No, his knives are fine, that's why kano had "balls"
The knives were better they made him actually fun to play. Now hes a crappy generic character. Before he was a zoning badass who controlled space like a champ. Now he's just so generic. I would trade armour on kanoball and the safeness of upball for those freaking knives back. This guy used to be Guile on steroids now he's just so generic. He's still a good and viable character but those knives just made him awesome, Sub-Zero can cheese with ice clones all day long (I would know I main him now ever sense kano got ruined) but Kano can't have fast recovery on knives. I blame online scrubs.

They were stupid broken safe before and now they are fair.
I understand that, but thats what made kano, his playstyle was centered around his knives. I think they should make all the balls unsafe, and remove all the armour and shit, that should be sufficent to make him fair. It ruined him. What if they nerfed sub zeros ice clone but gave him 55% meterless midscreen bnbs? It would ruin him.

No use crying over what you want, just use what you're given.
As it goes Kano Knives is still one of the best projectiles, but instead of playing a game 70% zoning 30% upclose it's now more like 70% upclose 30% zoning.

Error

DF2+R2
I can only lol at this thread:
"My character doesn't have a fast projectile, he's boring now."

To the above posst I am not saying that these things aren't true or that Kano was/is a bad character. I just really like abusing kanos knives the same way I can abuse Guile's sonic boom it was fun, and if implemented properly wouldn't be op (SEE: ice clone). I am not really complaining persay, it just feels like he's really different now, I like the old strategy he felt more complete.

In short: He's not bad I simply feel that he should have been built around his exploitable projectile.

You should feel lucky with what he has, low, overhead starters, above average zoning, just practice with him and you'll be fine.

You should feel lucky with what he has, low, overhead starters, above average zoning, just practice with him and you'll be fine.
I know that, I do fine with kano, I just really liked how fun the knives were to abuse, sometimes abusing shit is pretty fun and if the character is designed to be fair and abusable well its fucking fun. Can you honestly say that gimmicks aren't fun? I keep using Sub for an example with ice clone being so cheesey but people are just going to jump all over the fact that he's arguably S tier. Thats not the point I would use him even if was the worst in the game because of just how fun ice clone is. I don't care about how good a character is I am more interested in being able to use them to there fullest potential and that fits my playstyle. Kano is no longer that guy and I am sad because I found him extremely fun.

I personally think subzero is adequate, not that good though.

But I truly believe it's just me, because when I use subzero I feel SO SLOW, that's why I choose to main only female characters in this game because they tend to be fast moving, fast gameplay, and I enjoy watching them too =]

I personally think subzero is adequate, not that good though.

But I truly believe it's just me, because when I use subzero I feel SO SLOW, that's why I choose to main only female characters in this game because they tend to be fast moving, fast gameplay, and I enjoy watching them too =]
Wut? You simple boy?

Creepy00

Noob
Doubt they will give his knives recovery back, esp with the double dashes being patch. I dont see how someone could get in through without the old double dash block.

To The sub player, You know you got extra frames on iceball right? It should be enough to get close and combo or slide. Not, that but the game feels more footsies oriented now, which sub d4 is really good.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Skirt STOP

Do you know how long alot of us kano mainers have been fighting his shitty-ness for? He had ex moves with no point to them, really shitty knives, inconsistent combos and crappy damage. I used to troll every thread about him because all i saw was KANOS BROKEN KANOS BROKEN even though he blew. Finally NRS woke the fuck up and realized this and sent a patch in which his 2,1,2 has a better hitbox, his EX knives recover faster (meaning combo usage), and his EX ball has armor (pretty broken enough) so why are you crying at all?

cyke_out

Noob
This is my favorite version of Kano, the only thing I could ever possible want would be armor on ex choke, but that is just wishful thinking.

Kano is really good now.

I actually used to feel kinda like Skirt does. The fact that he could pull off an SF2-style gameplan with knives and upball was what drew me to him in the first place.

Once I learned the game better and got a better feel for footsies and AA, I started having fun with Kano again. That's most likely what's needed here.

Faster knife, though it's sorely needed against Kabal, would make him dumb against a good chunk of the cast and not even do much about the Sub matchup. Definitely a bad tradeoff.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Honestly it seems like Kano has been changed for the better.. Don't really see the point of this thread -___-

Skirt STOP

Do you know how long alot of us kano mainers have been fighting his shitty-ness for? He had ex moves with no point to them, really shitty knives, inconsistent combos and crappy damage. I used to troll every thread about him because all i saw was KANOS BROKEN KANOS BROKEN even though he blew. Finally NRS woke the fuck up and realized this and sent a patch in which his 2,1,2 has a better hitbox, his EX knives recover faster (meaning combo usage), and his EX ball has armor (pretty broken enough) so why are you crying at all?
You have no idea what your talking about, Kano is very great now I know that. But before when he had the old knives, that was when he was S-Tier and arguably top 3. I am not talking about his tier though, I dont care whether or not he was bad. I just liked the way he played when his knives recovered faster he was like Guile from street fighter. It's not a matter of win or lose, I can still win with him and I do. It is simply that I thought he was more fun when his whole character was built around his knives. Throw knives and react accordingly with one of your balls to get in and pressure then go back to zoning. Add that too his great corner game now and he would be a great very complete feeling character. I am not saying he shouldn't have drawbacks though, he just should have had unsafe upball and no armour on ex ball.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This thread sucks so hard I came four times before I even managed to hit the reply button.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I don't understand... if you want to play Guile from Street Fighter, put in your Street Fighter disc. Kano has tons of awesome shit in this game. You're basically arguing to dumb him down and take away all of the work NRS has done to make him an interesting character because you're only interested in doing 2 inputs for the entire match.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Kano is actually a well functioning character at the moment, the hitbox improvement was tremendous as is the ability to combo with EX knives. You need to work on his choke frametraps and pokes; he's a good character as he stands - which took NRS plenty of revisions to finally get right.

hi everyone im new to this site and want to get really good with shnag tsung but dont know where to start and i looked on the guides but dont know what they mean for example st juggle starter or other stuff like HHM i dont know lol i need help and i dont know where to start with shang tsung any tips pointers or anything fromm anybody thanks xbox live gamertag is XxItSickxX