What's new

Kai topic

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Remember this capeiora styled badass from MK4?

Besides him spending all of his time which was supposed to be used for enlightenment for lifting at the gym, what do you guys think about him? I like him a lot and hope he returns.

Though his character was... lame... I really loved his moveset. The combination of Shaolin Martial Arts that Liu Kang and Kung Lao use combined with the swagtastic breakdance fighting. A little bit of fire doesn't hurt either.

Would anyone like to see him return? I think a cool plotline would be him helping Raiden's forces in hopes to avenge Liu Kang and Kung Lao from the invasion, only for him to find out that it was Raiden who killed Liu Kang and go after him while he is mortal.

So what do you guys think of Kai?

Hamzer-Siraj

What's a footsie?
Didn't play MK4, don't remember him, but I'm up for any character who looks as swag as he does, and has a swag moveset!

Espio

Kokomo
Kai will be one of my main squeezes in MK10 if he's in it, I loved the character. His design is great, all he needs is his own personality and moe emphasis on an acrobatic style whether it's capoeria or kalaripayattu is fine, just make him very divergent and unique in his style and demeanor, I hope he doesn't have any fighting style similarities to Liu Kang or Kung Lao. The fireballs and hand stand kicks can stay, but I'd like a bunch of really acrobatic specials.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Didn't play MK4, don't remember him, but I'm up for any character who looks as swag as he does, and has a swag moveset!
Swag moveset? That's not even the beginning of it man. Let me give you a peek into the fighting style owned by this warrior.

First of all he's got these sweet ass fireballs that he can blast into the air or into the ground. They'd track the sorry fool he was fighting and would burn them Kabal. Imagine shooting a fireball into the ground and it popping up and launching your foolish opponent? Hell yeah. Or maybe just drop a couple tons of heat on his head!

His three different kick attacks allow him to launch his opponent into the air after sliding forward, allow him to send a fool flying, and his last one is like a flaming version of Cage's Shadow kick. All these martial arts kicks are so that you KNOW when you choose him it will be impossible not to kick ass.

And of course his most famous move, the Handstand. Everyone fears this stance. He can go all spinning bird kick tatsu on you and spin like a helicopter, wacking you like crazy. or maybe trip you up low, kick you in the face, whatever he wants.

Point is, Kai has soe sweet martial arts from all over the world and he ain't afraid to rock someone. Don't even start on his fatalities, man.

Hamzer-Siraj

What's a footsie?
I just emulated MK4 real quick, he's a cool looking character, I can already picture him in MK9. I hope they bring him in along with some other MKA characters. MK10 will be awesome! I'm hyped for this guy and Shinnok.

REO

Undead
The shittiest character put into MK fighting games (literally) thus far. Kai was the worst character in MK:A and the worst character in MK:4. In the only two MK games he was featured in, he was complete ass and bottom-last in both.

Get hype.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
The shittiest character put into MK fighting games (literally) thus far. Kai was the worst character in MK:A and the worst character in MK:4. In the only two MK games he was featured in, he was complete ass and bottom-last in both.

Get hype.
How negative

Kai was fun as hell in MK4, but complete ass. He has a pretty cool character design, I used to troll scrubs with him when I got the chance, but couldn't do shit with him against good players. His fireballs could make for some interesting combos if they worked ;)

I'd love it if his fireball changed depending on if he was in the air or not. On the ground, he'd shoot it up and it'd track, like Sektor's missile. In air, it'd go into the ground and track and launch on hit (or maybe the EN version would launch). So many possibilities...

Espio

Kokomo
Ha! pwned. :p

A demon lady that turns good is more interesting and could have a great story than... random kitana wannabe number 4. :p
Gurl please on that pwned nonsense lol. Ashrah had top tier story line in Deception, her and Havik were the best new faces of that game. They never portrayed a grey area character prior to Deception, but they encapsulated that in both of those characters really well, which is why I ended up liking them the most in my opinion, tight costumes didn't hurt either.

Tanya's an interesting character in the sense that she's literally portrayed in MK4 as this innocent looking, good Edenian diplomat's daughter, when she's really a backstabbing, self serving witch...it's part of her swag, don't hate lol. I liked how she was presented and I want her in MK10 so I can have my U of M team with Stryker; maize and blue. Jade needs a rival:cool:.

#selfishreasons.

Back on the topic of Kai, I want him to have the white stripe skin paint on him in some capacity, even if they change the rest up, it makes him have a nice tribal quality that I like a lot.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
First of all he's got these sweet ass fireballs that he can blast into the air or into the ground. They'd track the sorry fool he was fighting and would burn them Kabal. Imagine shooting a fireball into the ground and it popping up and launching your foolish opponent? Hell yeah. Or maybe just drop a couple tons of heat on his head!
Man, that sounds great!

....oh, you're not talking about MK9 Shang Tsung, who did this with 10x the swag Kai did.

Espio

Kokomo
Yes, please!

lmao you're cray cray :p.

You're not allowed to drop Jade! EVER!

Jade > Tanya ... (and Tanya is about as interesting as Sheeva's left big toe)

I would never drop Jade, you trippin' lol, but I do want my school team's colors ;_;.

Jade & Tanya <3

MK needs more female characters :).

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
I would never drop Jade, you trippin' lol, but I do want my school team's colors ;_;.

Jade & Tanya <3

MK needs more female characters :).
Right. They need more female characters. I really wanted frost in this one. And I think Nitara was a really cool female character that should make a comeback. She was just as weird as sheeva imo. A chick with batwings. hmm. lol