What's new

Jurassic WUT - Spoilers inside

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I need to talk about this highly anticipated movie I watched last night that had all the ingredients to be the movie of the year- A strong cast, some fresh ideas, DINOSAURS and the chance to re-boot a franchise that struggled from the second film. I actually loved the first half of the film where basically nothing happens, but it was cool to see the park functioning and a lot of the ideas used were quite clever. But then the second half kicked in.

WTF DID I JUST WATCH?

So many issues but here's the main ones:

Wu - Why did he sell the park out? What did he need/want that he doesn't have already? Money? Nope. Power? Nope. Notoriety? Nope. The deal he had with Hoskins made no fucking sense at all to me. Did I miss something?

Indominus Rex - I was sceptical about this from day 1. So turns out as well as being a mindless killer, it also possesses superpowers. Let's get this straight.... it made some scratches on the wall to make it look like it got out, then somehow KNEW the park uses thermal imaging technology so shut its body heat off.... then ripped it's tracking device out which it also KNEW was implanted within it, but only after escaping. Why didn't they check the tracking device BEFORE entering the paddock? Retarded beyond words. Oh and then it talks to the raptors to turn them against the humans. Fuck off.

Raptors - These used to be terrifying and now they've become really cute. I like the idea that they're intelligent enough to be tamed. But the human-like eye dialogue with Owen was a joke. When they're about to eat him and then he gives them this looks like "GUIZE IT'S ME, I'M ON YOUR SIDE, LET'S FIGHT TOGETHER" I knew the film was lost. But then somehow they better it with....

The end fight scene - This was embarrassing. They lure a T-rex out to fight Indominus as a last resort, it gets its ass whipped (JP3 all over again) but wait! Out of the "blue"... the last surviving raptor! The way they introduced her into the fight was hideous.... that slow mo close up of it charging. Then OBVIOUSLY it rode the T-rex's back to jump on the Indominus.... this was pretty insulting to the viewer. I went in expecting a popcorn movie but the tag team was a blowup. Even worse was at the end when after the raptor and T-rex have prevailed, they give each other a look, nod and go their separate ways. Fuck this movie.

aj1701

Noob
Heh... you forget ID can camo itself, which it does once and then never again, meaning there was no need to show that ability in the movie. It wasn't bad enough that the raptor teamed up with Trex at the end, but OF COURSE the water one has to jump out to finish it, because its a big mean thing except land makes it useless.