What's new

Jump punching.

Durango

Enhancer
Do you feel the jump punching mechanics have changed from MK9? Do you feel it's harder to "auto-target" a player when jumping over them? Why is it harder for the character to change direction mid-air for a jump punch when the opponent is crouching?

Matix218

Get over here!
Do you feel the jump punching mechanics have changed from MK9? Do you feel it's harder to "auto-target" a player when jumping over them? Why is it harder for the character to change direction mid-air for a jump punch when the opponent is crouching?
Jip mechanics do feel different from mk9

Feels like the timing is a lot more strict on crossover punches, jump ins however feel a tad easier. I do get that scrub anger sometimes when I'm trying to cross up like "how the fuck do you land cross up jips in this game jeez thanks netherrealm"

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Jump arcs are much different in this game. MK9 everyone had the same jump arcs and very little variations between jump attacks, at least visually. Now a lot of characters have loopier jump arcs and some jump attacks just get owned by low-profiling, so cross-overs aren't as effective; depending on the character of course.

Bad Genez

Green
It's definitely character specific, too. Scorption's crossup/JIP is much easier for me to land than Shinnok's (which I have literally landed a crossup of maybe 5 times intentionally). Some characters have a much stricter hitbox on their JIPs, that said, the mechanics are definitely different as well.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
It's definitely different. I used to jump too much in MK9 because of the extra damage, now I barely do it at all. At first I had a hard time landing them, so I just stopped trying so much. Plus, the damage is scaled this time, so while in MK9 it always added 3% damage, it only adds like 1 at long combos, or even nothing, and they seem to have an effect on the opponent staying in the juggle (opponent falls faster) so they ruin some combos. Though now you can juggle jump in punch several times in a row in the corner etc.

Last edited: