What's new

Joker's MKX Tutoring Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Every time I come on this site I see a thread or a post about people being scrubs about shit and tell them to level up instead of taking the time to help them learn this game that has been out for two weeks. I hate seeing new comers and players who want to get better be treated like this so I'm stepping up to the plate and doing my best to do something about it.

So I'm going to start setting up sessions with players who would like to take some time to learn how to play the game. I did this for IGAU with Black Adam players, but this time around I'm going to do it for anyone who wishes to get better. I'm still learning the game as well so it will be a great learning experience for me in the process, because attempting to teach you guys will help me with my understanding of how things work in the game as well.

So I'm going to leave my PSN here, and if you are interested, please post on here and I will add your name to a list in the OP and I will pm you to schedule a time to do the session no strings attached. I will be handling this on a first come first serve basis, and will have to schedule times in order to help you guys because I have class and work throughout the week. I want this community to realize it's full potential like I know it can and I'm going to do my part.

Participant list:

MadeFromMetal
Pretty Flocko

Last edited:

ViviDLighT

PSN: ViviDLightninG89
I would love some help too. I feel like at points I know what I'm doing wrong but then other times I just feel completely overwhelmed and don't know what to do.

I'll add both of you guys on psn. My psn is ViviDLightninG89

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I would love some help too. I feel like at points I know what I'm doing wrong but then other times I just feel completely overwhelmed and don't know what to do.

I'll add both of you guys on psn. My psn is ViviDLightninG89
@Ugodimak I am going to be doing my session with @MadeFromMetal then I can set you guys up. Metal holler at me when yer free this week again. I'm sorry I have gotten super busy with finals this week and all.

Jfish

Noob
I'm down too. I mostly have issues with timing . I use kang FF variation I haven't tried anyone else but I'm considering and different main. Psn-beeasy26. I'm usually on 7pm - 1am est. BTW thanks.

I've been a member of quite a few communities in my time and I haven't seen something like this since the arcade days. This warms my cold, shattered heart. You're all doing Shao Kahn's work.

medleyoz

Noob
I could use some help. PSN: medleyoz - I'm in Australia though so no idea if it will work with the region lock. But its great to see people actually wanting to help.

I'm a newcomer to fighters but can do most combos in training mode and against the AI (run cancels etc are still mostly out of my reach) but when I go online against people online it seems like they block everything I through at them when trying to start something - try and do low they block low, go overhead they stand up but I just get slammed by mixups all the time and it's like I'll get poked once and that's it I'm down for a 30% combo if the opponent is competent. Seems my main issue is being able to apply the pressure then capitlizing when I get a hit as my instinct and if I get trapped in a corner I'm pretty much done.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Awesome thread! Maybe TYM should consider doing a Kombat Academy where a list of several top players volunteer to spend at least three total hours a week for 3 weeks to teach newcomers