What's new

Joker8417's Pokemon X and Y Online Tournament

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey everybody,

As I'm sure everyone knows at this point, I'm kind of a fan of Pokemon, and I pretty much play it competitively more than any other game now. I also know there are quite a few people on these here forums that play Pokemon X and Y on a regular basis because I talk and trade with them about the games all the time. Well now I'm going to invite them and all of you to come play in a tournament I wish to start here in the next week or two. Since I don't see a whole lot of people really signing up for this, we will start by just playing the tourney on the game. However if anyone who doesn't own a copy of the game or a have a 3DS wants to sign up and play, just let me know and we can run the tournament on Pokemon Showdown to accomodate you. :) It's going to be standard Smogon OU singles play, so if you don't know the rules when I get a chance later I will post a link to them in this post later when I get home from work. I will also keep a list of all players wanting to participate in this OP. I will leave the registration window open until midnight next Tuesday on 20 May, 2014. This will also give me time to ensure I can set everything up properly and lay down the proper rules. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask in this thread and SIGN UP TO BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVA WAAAS!

Forever da bess,
Joker8417

Entrants List:
Joker8417
Indecisive
AK Black Preon
Impractical Joker
SoundsLikePause

Last edited:
I remember I had a thread up announcing my tournament. Was even giving out 40$ as prize money. This thread currently has more replies than my own. XD. So I guess I'm in.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I remember I had a thread up announcing my tournament. Was even giving out 40$ as prize money. This thread currently has more replies than my own. XD. So I guess I'm in.
I had no idea you made a tourney thread. @.@ Man, I wish I had seen that one. I'll add you up to the list though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm down. I haven't actually broken out my 3DS in a while but I have a lot of ev/IV bred pokemon so I can scrap together a team. When would the tourney be?
As soon as I get all the people together and added that want to play, I'm going to cook up a bracket. So hopefully we can get started by either next Wed. or Thur.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Totally almost forgot about this. Ok tomorrow will be the last day to sign up for this, and seeing how there is only 5 entrants, one of which can't play on DS, then this will probably end up being pretty quick unless we get some more entrants. I might make this Showdown only so Preon can participate. Going to tag all participants to remind them this is a thing lol.

@Indecisive
@AK Black Preon
@Impractical Joker
@SoundsLikePAUSE